talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2024

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in time for Germany to have a new wave of talent to come through and crush us.

The multi-host continent idea may be a good model for when Fifa eventually get there way and we have a 128 team World Cup every six months but even with limited attendances you could see the advantage it gave hosting nations and in a tournament of this size it did feel unessecary. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

St.Pauli were concratually guaranteed to be grant right to make decisions, which national teams may train at their Millerntor stadiums during Euro 24 and which ones may not. They insisted on the stance only teams of nations that are compatible to the club's values and aims were allowed to train there. Some may say it's positive a football club is prepared to stand for their own principles, personally I'm furious they're granted the right to act as an attitude police.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 14:05, Whiskey said:

Germany is such a boring choice, as if 2006 wasn't dull enough.

I think Germany will be a great Euro's. Easy to get to, some great spots, every game will sell out, and I think it adds to the tournament when the host country can go far and genuinely even win it.

I would like to see another big tournament in Spain soon though, they are due to host something.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Qualifier Group Stage Draw takes places on 9th October in Frankfurt. Rankings are based on how teams fared in the Nations League group stages:

image.png

*Germany automatically qualify as they are hosts

**Russia, ranked 32, are banned. 

Teams that don't qualify through this group stage will compete in a play-off based on their Nations League ranking.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Qualifier Group Stage Draw takes places on 9th October in Frankfurt. Rankings are based on how teams fared in the Nations League group stages:

image.png

*Germany automatically qualify as they are hosts

**Russia, ranked 32, are banned. 

Teams that don't qualify through this group stage will compete in a play-off based on their Nations League ranking.

It could be quite a hard qulifying campaign for England. Am abit pissed of at being in pot after reaching the last final but thats the way it is. I think we would have a good chance if getting in the play offs if we dont get in the top 2 in out group. Which considering we could get spain and Belgium is possible.  I remember when we didn't qualify in 2008 it was horrible 

3 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Germany tends to win tournaments that happen in years which end with 4 - 1954, 1974, 2014

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Germany don't usually win in tournaments when the year ends in '4':

1934 - 3rd

1964 - didn't qualify

1984 - lost in final

1994 - quarter-finals

2004 - 3rd in Group D

77176e8c-7531-40c3-866b-c7e86c373409_596

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Thought the experience England made with Hungary would prevent them from underrating Poland and Switzerland. Was that assumption premature?xD

There's a reason I specifically didn't say Hungary. We seem to always get Poland/Switzerland and I can't ever recall losing to either of them.

• Subscriber

Nah drew at home but beat them away. I don't think either side are rubbish but they're just the obviously kinder teams from pot one. It'd be Southgate like draw luck to avoid France or Spain to get a side we usually beat.

It's actually possible to have Faroe Islands, Malta and San Marino in the same group. I think if anybody can do it it's Southgate.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Nah drew at home but beat them away. I don't think either side are rubbish but they're just the obviously kinder teams from pot one. It'd be Southgate like draw luck to avoid France or Spain to get a side we usually beat.

It's actually possible to have Faroe Islands, Malta and San Marino in the same group. I think if anybody can do it it's Southgate.

England would draw every game

Archived