talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton Player Arrested on Suspicion of Sexual Assault

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It goes without saying that it's important not to jump to assumptions around guilt until the matter is concluded. 

In the current climate with women seemingly never feeling more unsafe following the deaths of Sarah Everard, Sabina Nessa and Julia Jones this year combined with the well-publicised incidents concerning footballers (Cristiano Ronaldo incident over ten years ago that is still ongoing, the recent remand of Benjamin Mendy etc) I think it's fair to criticise the naivety of Bissouma and his friends for him to even be left in a position in a public space where such actions could happen or such allegations could be substantiated.

I'm not suggesting every footballer should be expected to hold on to there virginity until they're ready to marry and have children but a degree of common sense needs to apply especially in public settings where this has seemingly happened alongside people taking more responsibility for there own actions.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

In the current climate with women seemingly never feeling more unsafe following the deaths of Sarah Everard, Sabina Nessa and Julia Jones this year combined with the well-publicised incidents concerning footballers (Cristiano Ronaldo incident over ten years ago that is still ongoing, the recent remand of Benjamin Mendy etc) I think it's fair to criticise the naivety of Bissouma and his friends for him to even be left in a position in a public space where such actions could happen or such allegations could be substantiated.

and also the Sylfi Gigurdsson one that seems to have gone quiet...

Archived