talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs After Zaha - £30m Fee

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is confident they will land £30million-rated Wilfried Zaha in the summer transfer window.

Pochettino is a long-term admirer of the Crystal Palace winger, and Spurs believe they can get the deal done to take the 24-year-old across London.

They had a £12m offer for Zaha rejected last summer when the clubs became embroiled in an ugly spat that saw Palace chairman Steve Parish insisting they would not let him go.

The Eagles also stood firm in January when Tottenham made fresh enquiries, but there is a belief they may finally sell him this summer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-confident-wilfried-zaha-transfer-9971570

£30m... what:ph34r:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't think he's worth £30m and agree with Cannabis. There's so many players out there that could be good enough for Spurs and cost much less. Why clubs feel the need to spend more for the sake of it baffles me.

• Subscriber

Zaha has really come on this season - more end product to go with the pace and skills.

Think it's 5 goals and 8 assists this season or something like that - in 24 games. For a struggling side that's an excellent record. Not sure if he scores enough for us to play in one of the advanced positions, but would certainly welcome him in the squad. Would be a much better option of the bench than anything we have apart from Son.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Zaha has really come on this season - more end product to go with the pace and skills.

Think it's 5 goals and 8 assists this season or something like that - in 24 games. For a struggling side that's an excellent record. Not sure if he scores enough for us to play in one of the advanced positions, but would certainly welcome him in the squad. Would be a much better option of the bench than anything we have apart from Son.

not sure if Zaha would want to be a 'squad player' though. Although offer him enough money and then that might not be an issue!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

not sure if Zaha would want to be a 'squad player' though. Although offer him enough money and then that might not be an issue!

Of course he would - he'd jump at the chance to join us. Not like he wouldn't get games and he'd have the opportunity to play his way into the first team. He was begging to join us last summer on deadline day

33 minutes ago, Storts said:

£30m for a bench player? 

Thats almost as bad as £89m for Pogba. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

£30m for a bench player? 

It's a squad game - it's also a different time, our first 11 is as good as anybodys in the league, our bench lets us down. If that's the price you have to pay for improvement then so be it.

Think we'll go back in for Barkley. Last year of his deal next year I think

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

It's a squad game - it's also a different time, our first 11 is as good as anybodys in the league, our bench lets us down. If that's the price you have to pay for improvement then so be it.

Think we'll go back in for Barkley. Last year of his deal next year I think

Hey look, if you think that's the way forward then fair enough. I personally think Spurs can do much better, especially than Ross Barkley. I can't see Poch going after a player that produces in about 5 games a season. He wouldn't get a sniff at any of the other top six clubs. 

But I can see why Zaha might be a decent option from the bench. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hey look, if you think that's the way forward then fair enough. I personally think Spurs can do much better, especially than Ross Barkley. I can't see Poch going after a player that produces in about 5 games a season. He wouldn't get a sniff at any of the other top six clubs. 

But I can see why Zaha might be a decent option from the bench. 

How many Everton games have you actually watched in the last three months? Barkley has been playing well for a while now. The media won't mention it though as it doesn't make as good a story as making out his handful of sub par performances at the start of the season was some sort of career crisis that could see him transfer listed by Koeman.

RE: Zaha. Not worth £30m and would be a massive risk for Tottenham. The lad already didn't threaten the first team at United when they were a weaker side than they are now. He's playing well at Crystal Palace because he's found his level.

8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't think you can justify spending so much on Zaha when you've got the likes of William Carvalho rumoured to have a transfer fee of just £4,000,000 more.

It's the typical flogging of English talent which has inflated the market and I can't believe why Spurs would pay over double what they originally bid in January?

There's probably legs to the story as Palace look doomed but I can't see how this is a good deal for Tottenham.

Zaha isn't English ::ph34r:

I wouldn't say a team in seventeenth that have kept two clean sheets and got two wins in a row as doomed either.

7 hours ago, StanLCFC said:

He made a big enough fuss last summer to force the move. If we hadn't sold Bolasie I reckon it could have happened.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

£30m for a bench player? 

He is worth thirty million to us. He's come on more this season than I ever expected and I still worth more to us than Bolasie was. When you consider market inflation too I wouldn't be surprised if we end up holding out for more I felt he keeps improving.

1 hour ago, Takyon said:

I think Zaha would be a good rotation option for Spurs and I reckon Pochettino could get some good performances out of him but there's no way he's worth £30m. 

He is to us though, and we're in no position to sell. People forget how much the market has been inflating in this country. Pochettino didn't do himself much favours either with Zaha by compairing some of his abilities to a younger Ronaldo and then offering less than fifthteen million. It will take a lot of money for us to sell.

Archived