talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2.0

football forum

• Subscriber

Did you see some of the stuff posted earlier Stan on Foxestalk? Was very much pointing to other problems here, and specifically not Rodgers. Was a pretty concerning read.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

He has a project here and is pretty much in the middle of it.

He is a mercenary... he will drop Leicester at a moments notice if the offer is there... besides he seems to have lost his magic touch with you lot.. If he went to Newcastle he could change half the players every season if the funding was there.. 

Anyway... Lampard's getting it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Lucas Digne has annoyed Rafa to the point where he'd rather play Seamus Coleman at left back then that seems like an obvious signing unless Newcastle have appointing Rafa in mind next season.

Looks like Chelsea are in for him as backup

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Saw Trippier is on his way? Seems mad considering youre dead certs for relegation

If we go down he'd probably get another big sign on fee payday somewhere else. Not a bad risk.

One from us, Watford, Burnley and Norwich will survive, probably with around 32-35 points. 

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

Trippier is so overhyped. I was so glad we got rid, can't defend at all. Will struggle in a poor side

I agree he'll struggle in a poor side, But I think he can defend, especially compared to certain other English players in the same position. He's got a wicked delivery too. But he's at home in a well organized defense. Newcastle won't do him any favors. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I agree he'll struggle in a poor side, But I think he can defend, especially compared to certain other English players in the same position. He's got a wicked delivery too. But he's at home in a well organized defense. Newcastle won't do him any favors. 

He certainly has good delivery and technique but the amount of times I saw him get sucked under the ball and beaten in behind isn’t worth thinking about. I’m sure simeone will have improved his positioning a bit but still think he will struggle in that team. Probably an upgrade for Newcastle regardless though 

Archived