• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2.0

football forum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/01/2022 at 20:33, Devil said:

Gotta say if I was a Newcastle fan I'd be asking whether 20 million for Chris Wood was an upgrade on what you have currently.

Surely there are short term loan options better than Wood.

Considering what we have is Wilson and the horrendous Dwight Gayle, he definitely gives us something. Is £25m a good deal? Doesn’t look it to some, but if he scores the goals to keep us up, it’s a bargain.

Weakens Burnley too. Just got to hope they have the struggles we’ve had so far and can’t get a good replacement for Wood. Can see us getting a couple in towards the end of the month when the market opens up a bit. 

Seeing Newcastle United acting like a Football Club again is so hard to get used to. Personally I’m really happy with Wood and Trippier. 

9 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Considering what we have is Wilson and the horrendous Dwight Gayle, he definitely gives us something. Is £25m a good deal? Doesn’t look it to some, but if he scores the goals to keep us up, it’s a bargain.

Weakens Burnley too. Just got to hope they have the struggles we’ve had so far and can’t get a good replacement for Wood. Can see us getting a couple in towards the end of the month when the market opens up a bit. 

Seeing Newcastle United acting like a Football Club again is so hard to get used to. Personally I’m really happy with Wood and Trippier. 

On the other hand Burnley might now buy a striker with a point to prove in the Premier league.

It might actually boost their relegation battle.

4 hours ago, Devil said:

On the other hand Burnley might now buy a striker with a point to prove in the Premier league.

It might actually boost their relegation battle.

Aye it’s a fair point. Definitely a risk however, we have found it extremely difficult in our efforts and I’d expect that we have more pull than them. Also, not sure how much I would trust their owners to release the funds to buy anyone decent. 

I seriously hope the talk of them replacing Wood with Carroll turns out to be true. 

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

They just need a decent manager now 

I think Howe is a good manager. I don’t think he was the short term solution as his methods were always going to take time to be implemented, but if we stay up I think he will build us up quite nicely. If we go down, I trust him to stay and bring us back up.

I was gutted we didn’t get Emery if I’m honest, but Howe seems very thorough, has a good philosophy and seems like a decent, well intentioned bloke in general. A more detailed way of saying “the opposite of Stephen Roger Bruce” you could say. 

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Robin Gosens the latest to be linked. Now that actually would be a very good move. 

Would be immense but sadly won’t happen this month. If we stay up then why not? He will only have a year left on his contract so they may well cash in on him at that stage. 

8 minutes ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

I think Howe is a good manager. I don’t think he was the short term solution as his methods were always going to take time to be implemented, but if we stay up I think he will build us up quite nicely. If we go down, I trust him to stay and bring us back up.

I was gutted we didn’t get Emery if I’m honest, but Howe seems very thorough, has a good philosophy and seems like a decent, well intentioned bloke in general. A more detailed way of saying “the opposite of Stephen Roger Bruce” you could say. 

I was being a bit facetious there but I do think Howe was the wrong choice. Don’t think he really done anything at Bournemouth other than what was expected with his budget and consistently had one of the worst defences in the league.

But maybe taking into account there’s a strong chance you go down, he’s the best candidate to bring in young talent and take you back up

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

I was being a bit facetious there but I do think Howe was the wrong choice. Don’t think he really done anything at Bournemouth other than what was expected with his budget and consistently had one of the worst defences in the league.

But maybe taking into account there’s a strong chance you go down, he’s the best candidate to bring in young talent and take you back up

Aye it’s a fair point re Bournemouth’s defence. I think he was probably a bit stubborn there, he done a miraculous job in fairness to him to get them into the PL. However, he persisted with a style of play that resulted in them conceding a boat load. With money to spend here on better players it may just work out though.

Regardless of what division we’re in next season, we have a purpose and ambition again. 

7 minutes ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

Aye it’s a fair point re Bournemouth’s defence. I think he was probably a bit stubborn there, he done a miraculous job in fairness to him to get them into the PL. However, he persisted with a style of play that resulted in them conceding a boat load. With money to spend here on better players it may just work out though.

Regardless of what division we’re in next season, we have a purpose and ambition again. 

Yeah you will at the very least feel like a football club again which is good for the fans, and he will give you some good nights.

I still remember when Keegan took charge again, you had Owen up top and for a while you looked like this rejuvenated side after being a shower of shite. You should at least get that again minus Michael Owen dickheadery

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah you will at the very least feel like a football club again which is good for the fans, and he will give you some good nights.

I still remember when Keegan took charge again, you had Owen up top and for a while you looked like this rejuvenated side after being a shower of shite. You should at least get that again minus Michael Owen dickheadery

Owen, Viduka and Obafemi Martins in a front 3. Remember those 2 months well :D

Just now, Honey Honey said:

Owen, Viduka and Obafemi Martins in a front 3. Remember those 2 months well :D

Having grown up watching a pretty successful Newcastle, it was a nice return to form from a neutral point of view. Plus I think it was big stripes on the kit too?

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

Having grown up watching a pretty successful Newcastle, it was a nice return to form from a neutral point of view. Plus I think it was big stripes on the kit too?

The one Mike Ashley downed a pint in the away end wearing. With Smith on the back of his shirt 🤣

vPdniEXASJgORTV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DNA said:

United wanted a £12m survival bonus from Newcastle included in the Lingard deal.

Ridiculous stuff, already treating Newcastle as if they are rivals. 

Milking a Saudi toy for money is hardly ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, DNA said:

United wanted a £12m survival bonus from Newcastle included in the Lingard deal.

Ridiculous stuff, already treating Newcastle as if they are rivals. 

Don't think there's anything wrong with trying to take advantage of a rich and desperate club.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Milking a Saudi toy for money is hardly ridiculous.

100%

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don't think there's anything wrong with trying to take advantage of a rich and desperate club.

Exactly, it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle ended up paying up on the last day for him.

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

I thought Newcastle would've done a bit more business by now. What they're brought in so far doesn't give the impression that they're gonna escape relegation.

To be honest, no matter how much we spend we aren't getting over 35 points with the fixtures we have.

Damage has been done by an atrocious first half. Can't buy out of this can only buy a chance.

Archived