talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2.0

football forum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a bit of a surreal ride,  haven't had this level of excitement for anything football related in the club since that 2012 season.    Deadline day may throw up another surprise or two.    All things considered we may not want to fall into the Everton trap. 

7 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Dan Burn comes home

FBref has him in the top 10 percentile on key stats like defensive headers won, interceptions, blocks and tackles.   He is a player for the now not long term but a smart signing nevertheless.    We need the best of him for this season and next year,  by then he will likely be replaced by younger.

13 million is chump change as well. 

13 minutes ago, Waylander said:

If true a good signing and is now looking like they are buying sensible players to raise their level and think it will be enough for them to stay in the premier league.

Bad news for the likes of Burnley. 

I agree,  the level between 20th and 10th is very close and it looks like ourselves and Villa are making moves to get out of that.   Nobody in the bottom half is safe and a good run now takes us out the mess.    We may end up with 5 or 6 new signings which is more than I really anticipated.   FFP rules make it impossible for us to do a Chelsea or City but we do have some room to play with,  maybe the only good thing Ashley did for us by not spending any money. 

Deadline day is going to be exciting.

7 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Ekitike and Matt Target looking likely this morning.

Ekitike has cold feet as I do about spending 25m on a kid that looks about 50kg soaking wet.   He may very well be the next Henry but the premier league is a big gamble on a kid with 20 games in his career all in a league were defending is optional. 

• Subscriber

Actually think that's a decent enough window. Think there's a couple of overpayments in there but survival is the aim this season and you fly from there, and I think they've done enough this window to keep themselves up.

Guimaraes is a proper signing. That's the kind you have to be excited for.

On 01/02/2022 at 02:01, Dan said:

Actually think that's a decent enough window. Think there's a couple of overpayments in there but survival is the aim this season and you fly from there, and I think they've done enough this window to keep themselves up.

Guimaraes is a proper signing. That's the kind you have to be excited for.

Guimaraes played 20 odd minutes for Brazil, 1 assist, 2 good chances, 99% passing accuracy 100% tackles won.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Guimaraes played 20 odd minutes for Brazil, 1 assist, 2 good chances, 99% passing accuracy 100% tackles won.

Honestly, that's the kind of profile I hoped we'd go for when Tielemans goes this summer. It's a really good signing, think your others are a bit of a mix, enough to keep you up which is the objective really, but he's the first potential top player of this era and I thought you were more likely to go for a Coutinho.

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

Honestly, that's the kind of profile I hoped we'd go for when Tielemans goes this summer. It's a really good signing, think your others are a bit of a mix, enough to keep you up which is the objective really, but he's the first potential top player of this era and I thought you were more likely to go for a Coutinho.

Is that confirmed? I can see a whole lot of clubs being interested. Could replace Modric at Real Madrid. Man Utd would definitely be looking for someone in that position with Pogba leaving as well. Still only 24, seems like he's been around forever.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Is that confirmed? I can see a whole lot of clubs being interested. Could replace Modric at Real Madrid. Man Utd would definitely be looking for someone in that position with Pogba leaving as well. Still only 24, seems like he's been around forever.

Nothing confirmed but it's increasingly likely. But he really could make it at any of the biggest clubs. Just hope we get a good enough fee for him. 

He's been around since 16! Made his CL debut for Anderlecht then. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

fbref seems to back up all the signings, fbref also shows joelinton having a break out season as a central midfielder.   it's funny as 2 years ago I said he would likely become a good Gilberto like midfielder.    

every addition is an upgrade on what we have, it also pushes bench players to the bench.

ideally I'd like to drop Shelvey and Lacelles and play willock or Almiron behind the strikers instead of on the left.  both are center channel players and willock was good at those late runs in the box.  if we can get him back yo form it may be like a new signing.

This is just taking the piss... 

Newcastle's January spending compared

Highest spending clubs so far in January 2022

Frankly I think football has been ruined by this takeover... Newcastle owners basically hoovering up any player that can walk in a straight line for 2 minutes without falling over clutching some part of their body.. I understand they even took on extra carpenters to start work on a new trophy cabinet as well which shows you how reckless and wasteful they are being with the money.. 

Won't be long before they have a Madrid/City style line up full of mega rich signings and the Magpies are stealing points from teams in their inevitable climb up the table as their behemoth gets underway... 

Somebody needs to do something before they out muscle us from our hard earned elite top 4 positions.. 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ironic that a Chelsea fan says football has been ruined by this takeover, as if nothing happened when Abramovich took over all those years ago...

Ironic that a Leicester fan is bitching about a Chelsea fan bitching about Newcastle. Owned by one of the richest families in Asia xD

Archived