talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2.0

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Ironic that a Leicester fan is bitching about a Chelsea fan bitching about Newcastle. Owned by one of the richest families in Asia xD

That was the joke :ph34r:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Is that confirmed? I can see a whole lot of clubs being interested. Could replace Modric at Real Madrid. Man Utd would definitely be looking for someone in that position with Pogba leaving as well. Still only 24, seems like he's been around forever.

Unconfirmed but I'm very confident he'll be off. Contract up in June 2023 and no indication he'll sign another. We're going to have I think our busiest summer in years this coming one with many coming in and I reckon at least one other first teamer on top of Tielemans going.

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

Unconfirmed but I'm very confident he'll be off. Contract up in June 2023 and no indication he'll sign another. We're going to have I think our busiest summer in years this coming one with many coming in and I reckon at least one other first teamer on top of Tielemans going.

should get a nice injection of money

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

fbref seems to back up all the signings, fbref also shows joelinton having a break out season as a central midfielder.   it's funny as 2 years ago I said he would likely become a good Gilberto like midfielder.    

every addition is an upgrade on what we have, it also pushes bench players to the bench.

ideally I'd like to drop Shelvey and Lacelles and play willock or Almiron behind the strikers instead of on the left.  both are center channel players and willock was good at those late runs in the box.  if we can get him back yo form it may be like a new signing.

I'm an FBref loyal as well. It very rarely lets me down.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

should get a nice injection of money

Don't think it'll be as great as people think. Don't expect it to be over fifty given he only has a year left, to say we paid £32mil it's a bit underwhelming as he's been a roaring success, and widely regarded as a top player, but we'll see.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Don't think it'll be as great as people think. Don't expect it to be over fifty given he only has a year left, to say we paid £32mil it's a bit underwhelming as he's been a roaring success, and widely regarded as a top player, but we'll see.

if liverpool want him,  they must pay rival tax

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

if liverpool want him,  they must pay rival tax

I've got a feeling it'll be Chelsea. They love a signing from us and they could do with a midfielder I think.

17 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

This is just taking the piss... 

Newcastle's January spending compared

Highest spending clubs so far in January 2022

Frankly I think football has been ruined by this takeover... Newcastle owners basically hoovering up any player that can walk in a straight line for 2 minutes without falling over clutching some part of their body

I don't think Dan Burn can walk in a straight line to be honest.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've began using it for fantasy football this season. Provides the most useful information in the most user friendly context.

It's excellent. It also totally vindicates my pro Dewsbury-Hall agenda, and my pro Conor Gallagher agenda just for balance.

Dewsbury-Hall actually looks like a world beater on FBref. He has been very good but small sample size is the problem.

• 1 month later...

Something that'll perk the ears of Newcastle fans... Jeff Stelling has been blurting out on Sky that he was told at the Palace vs Hartlepool game by somebody within the club that Michael Olise has a 30m release clause.

Now ignoring that prick is now no better than Jim White in my eyes, a club with top six aspirations should be all over this. You either pay 30m now or you pay 60m in a couple of years once he's developed.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Something that'll perk the ears of Newcastle fans... Jeff Stelling has been blurting out on Sky that he was told at the Palace vs Hartlepool game by somebody within the club that Michael Olise has a 30m release clause.

Now ignoring that prick is now no better than Jim White in my eyes, a club with top six aspirations should be all over this. You either pay 30m now or you pay 60m in a couple of years once he's developed.

I bought him in FM22,  maybe its a good omen.   I think he is the perfect signing.  Young with upside.  I am also high on Djed Spence and Brennan Johnson. 

even now silly season has hit full force

Dean Henderson

Ben Godfrey

Lloyd Kelly

Jordan Veratout

Simon Moses

Not a very interesting list outside Henderson it is a mid table type players that don't move the bar much other than being relatively cheap.

Archived