LMS League 2021-22 Round 2 (Bundesliga)

football forum

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Seven

Casualties (1)

We have our first casualty since Gameweek Two as @Mel81x made a brave alternative pick in FC Koln, who could only muster a draw at Arminia Bielefeld.

Congratulations on a whopping 6 points all the same! See you in the third round.

Survivors (9)

The anti-Greuther Furth train rumbles on with nine people left on board. Bayer Leverkusen were the latest to benefit from Furth's hopeless Bundesliga campaign to date as they demolished the basement boys 7-1 on Saturday, securing another week of progress for @Michael, @Storts, @Bluewolf, @RandoEFC, @DeadLinesman, @Stan, @The Palace Fan, @Whiskey and@Lucas.

This moves all parties onto 7 points and counting.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 09.48.16.png

Preview - Gameweek Eight

Below are the fixtures for the next Gameweek. As always, please remember not to pick a team you've used already. I am also taking a vote this week. Along with this week's pick, please leave your vote as to whether or not we should make Gameweek Nine the final Gameweek for this round of the competition, come what may. This will result in all Gameweek Nine survivors making tie break picks like we have in the past to crown a winner for this round. Match winner + Anytime goalscorer + Time of first goal in a randomly selected game. Please be very clear that this does not impact on Gameweek Eight.

I am floating this idea in light of there being some truly hopeless teams in the Bundesliga this season which provide an almost guaranteed route to survival on a weekly basis just by picking against them. That said, we have had rounds that have gone longer than this in the past without us cutting it short, and it does remove the reward from those people to stack up points for making consecutive correct picks. I think the circumstances on this occasion, which we've never really had before, make it a valid suggestion though, and while I don't really like it, I will be voting in favour of ending this round early. There are nine of us left so four more votes would be enough. You might disagree as this week finally throws up the chance that Greuther Furth and Arminia Bielefeld could scrape a draw!

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 09.55.52.png Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 09.55.36.png

My pick for Gameweek Eight is FC Koln.

Union Berlin for me.

If I'm being honest, I don't think we need to vote to end it. We are running out of teams to pick anyway and also, after next weekends games, there is midweek bundesliga also straight away and having seen those fixtures, it would actually be a minefield of a round because Fuerth have Dortmund that none of us can pick and the games all look equal.

So I think it might naturally come to an end anyway. But i'll go with whatever happens.

• Administrator

Dortmund

RB Leipzig

Freiburg

Wolfsburg

Gladbach

Bayern

Leverkusen

Koln, please

Never got to this stage so would like to pick up as many points as possible - therefore my vote would be to continue as normal and come to a 'natural' tie-break like in previous rounds where only 2 or 3 members are left.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Michael said:

Lets also pray that Greuther Furth pick up at least a point at home against Union Berlin. 🙏

With you on that one! Especially if Koln don't win... 

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Eight

Survivors (0)

This Gameweek's results make a mockery of our vote over whether to end this round with a Grand Finale, thereby preserving the integrity of the competition in full. Ultimately, everybody loses but everybody also wins.

Casualties (9)

The remaining contenders were split roughly in half between two unsuccessful teams this weekend. 16th-placed Augsburg put the first dent in our cohort on Friday night with a surprise 2-0 win at FC Koln, who have let down four Last Man Standers in two games, this time eliminating @Michael, @RondónEFC and @Stan. The competition was neutralised on Sunday though, as Greuther Furth took their first league win of the season against Union Berlin, who were backed by the majority - @Storts, @Bluewolf, @DeadLinesman, @The Palace Fan, @Whiskey and @Lucas.

So, where do we go from here? Well everyone who made it this far has 7 points in their pocket. Now we will determine who gets the bonus points for the top three positions with an emergency tie breaker. See below.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 20.55.27.png

Preview - Gameweek 9 Tie Break

This Gameweek will follow the usual tie break format. Please note that fixtures take place on Tuesday and Wednesday so be quick! You need to choose:

A) ... a match winning team, you are still not allowed to use a team that you have picked through the first eight Gameweeks.

B) ... a first-goalscoring player, this can be anyone and doesn't have to a player from your chosen match-winning team.

C) ... as an ultimate tie breaker, you must choose the minute in which the first goal is scored in the randomly-chosen match Augsburg vs RB Leipzig.

Players will be eliminated at each phase of the tie breaker until one person is left in this order: all players who pick a winning team successfully will progress to part B, or if nobody picks a winner, then everyone will move to part B. If more than one person picks a goalscoring player, then they will be separated by which player scored earlier in their match. If this isn't enough to separate everyone, then whoever is close to getting the minute of the first goal correct will win. We've done this before but please ask if any of that is unclear.

Table and midweek fixtures are below:

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.05.25.png Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.05.05.png

My picks for this Gameweek are as follows:

A) Match Winner: Mainz

B) Goalscorer: Haaland

C) Minute of First Goal: 20

Archived