• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scream

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Calling it now. It’ll be Stu Macher from the original.

He's dead mate. 

Expecting it to be Billy Loomis' long lost cousin or some bollocks like that. Massive fan of the original but now this is getting ridiculous. 

Trailer had me at fucking Clay Jensen. 

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You sure about that? 

I mean on its fandom wiki page it has him deceased and being killed by Sydney. Think it would be an unearned plot twist if it was him. Where's he been and how the hell did he escape death and prison?

Nailed on to be a relative to Billy or likely Stu judging from the trailer. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I mean on its fandom wiki page it has him deceased and being killed by Sydney. Think it would be an unearned plot twist if it was him. Where's he been and how the hell did he escape death and prison?

Nailed on to be a relative to Billy or likely Stu judging from the trailer. 

He had the tv dropped onto his head, but we never saw him die. If we’re to follow the horror genre as a whole as Wes pCraven has taught us, never trust the story if you don’t see the body. It definitely gives the film makers and out. I agree though. It’s most likely to be a family as it’s says all the victims are related to the original killers?

43 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He had the tv dropped onto his head, but we never saw him die. If we’re to follow the horror genre as a whole as Wes pCraven has taught us, never trust the story if you don’t see the body. It definitely gives the film makers and out. I agree though. It’s most likely to be a family as it’s says all the victims are related to the original killers?

Or Sydney.

Scream - Billy and Stu

Scream 2 - Billy's Mom

Scream 3 - Sydney's half brother

Scream 4 - Sydney's cousin. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just watched Scream again and I completely forgot how detailed the film is. 

I remember watching it when it came out and thinking that the entire premise was superb. Neve Campbell did some good work in her day.

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I remember watching it when it came out and thinking that the entire premise was superb. Neve Campbell did some good work in her day.

Look how Billy and Stu interact in the beginning, particularly after Randy asks what Stu was doing the night of Casey’s murder. 

Also, Cotton is only briefly shown, but he has the exact hairstyle as Billy. Leaving Sydney to not know who that was that left her house after her mother’s murder. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

There’s still no concrete answer whether this film is a reboot (being a sequel to the original) and ignores 2-4, or if this film is just another one taking place after 4. 

Would prefer the former. 

Surely it’s not like Halloween and they’re continuing. Otherwise Randy isn’t dead.

• 2 months later...
On 17/01/2022 at 18:37, Gunnersauraus said:

Somebody told me it's good. Generally the reviews appear to say it's the best since scream 2. 

That’s not saying much given 3 and 4 were pretty poor. I saw it and was pretty disappointed at the end. I’d go as far as saying it was an enjoyable movie until then. 

The actress that plays Sam was also poor casting. Emotionless. 

Just to add on to this.

Scream 2022 is by no means a bad film. It's enjoyable at the very least, and its definitely reviewed higher for this newer generation vs those that appreciate all the reasons the first film was brilliant in the first place (which I think is the point of the film's satire). 

The reason why Scream (1996) was so brilliant and successful was that it had the ability to satirize without turning into a comedy. Scream 2022 tried to do the same thing, which I appreciate, but it wasn't executed well and the big killer reveal was very disappointing after all the build up during the film (Billy Loomis flashbacks, murders on those related to the victims of the first film, big party at Stu Macher's house). 

I think what also needs to be addressed is that it is likely impossible to peak Billy Loomis and Stu Macher as killers, which is why I personally only stick with the original. (The second film can fuck itself for killing Randy). 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You say Scream 1 isn’t a comedy but it is funny as fuck

Matthew Lillard, Jamie Kennedy, and David Arquette were brilliant. Scream is the perfect example of where the genre of the film isn't changed despite there being some comic relief. Brilliant writing. 

The best part of the film was when Skeet Ulrich (Billy) accidentally threw the phone at Matthew Lillard (Stu) whilst he was dying and his reaction was genuinely natural. 

😂

Archived