talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 Fixtures Released - 14th June, 9am

• Administrator

For some reason I get needlessly excited about finding out who we're kicking off our campaign against each season. Who we might be playing around Xmas/New year and who we end the season against.

Who would you want to see your season start against?

Who must your club beat to avoid being shut down? :ph34r:

I think we'll start with Newcastle at home. We usually play Liverpool/Everton around Christmas and the former in February time. And we'll have Spurs on the last day of the season I think. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

After last year I really don't want any of the promoted three away first game. The kind of fixture that you've got a decent chance of winning most of the year but early doors it's tricky.

I've got a job interview at this exact time which is annoying as I love finding them out as soon as I can xD

Also looking out for September 9th as I'm away for that one, so hopefully it's something crap.

I reckon we're starting with a toughie this year. I'll say Liverpool away first game. Hopefully we're at home boxing day and the weekend before it, hopefully no NYD game.

I'm pretty sure the scheduling next season in December is a farce. I'm pretty sure Lineker tweeted something in December just gone saying "you think the schedule is bad this year, but next year it's Sat 16th, Tues 19th, Sat 23rd, Tues 26th, Sat 30th, Mon 1st Jan", not sure how true that is but it's going to be a fucker around there.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

After last year I really don't want any of the promoted three away first game. The kind of fixture that you've got a decent chance of winning most of the year but early doors it's tricky.

I've got a job interview at this exact time which is annoying as I love finding them out as soon as I can xD

Also looking out for September 9th as I'm away for that one, so hopefully it's something crap.

I reckon we're starting with a toughie this year. I'll say Liverpool away first game. Hopefully we're at home boxing day and the weekend before it, hopefully no NYD game.

I'm pretty sure the scheduling next season in December is a farce. I'm pretty sure Lineker tweeted something in December just gone saying "you think the schedule is bad this year, but next year it's Sat 16th, Tues 19th, Sat 23rd, Tues 26th, Sat 30th, Mon 1st Jan", not sure how true that is but it's going to be a fucker around there.

BT and Sky will probably schedule games for 19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st Dec, 1st Jan. They love the novelty of having games for 7 consecutive days. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

BT and Sky will probably schedule games for 19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st Dec, 1st Jan. They love the novelty of having games for 7 consecutive days. 

True actually.

I do like football around that time of the year although I think as well they cram the fixtures to the detriment of the quality of game at times. I can remember us playing Hull away a couple of years ago two days after we'd played boxing day and both teams just looked absolutely knackered. Was the definition of a scabby 0-1 that was.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

True actually.

I do like football around that time of the year although I think as well they cram the fixtures to the detriment of the quality of game at times. I can remember us playing Hull away a couple of years ago two days after we'd played boxing day and both teams just looked absolutely knackered. Was the definition of a scabby 0-1 that was.

the one where Vassell scored? I don't remember anything else xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

the one where Vassell scored? I don't remember anything else xD 

Nah it was a PL game, was when Mahrez scored. Think it was our first win in ages as well. We always used to end up with Hull away around then.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Nah it was a PL game, was when Mahrez scored. Think it was our first win in ages as well. We always used to end up with Hull away around then.

ahh yeah I remember that. weren't there 2 reds? I remember Konchesky getting sent off. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

ahh yeah I remember that. weren't there 2 reds? I remember Konchesky getting sent off. 

I can't remember that one. I reckon you're thinking of the time he scored away there after Mills got sent off. Another one around that time of year there. Another loss.

• Administrator

Arsenal away
Brighton home
Utd away
Chelsea home
Huddersfield away
Liverpool home

as our first 6 :( 

Spurs away on the last day of the season

I don't know if this is the Premier League showing their ineptness and their arrogance in equal measure but Tottenham are scheduled to play at home on the 26th August vs Burnley at Wembley, the same day as the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final, which takes place at Wembley and has done since it reopened in 2007.

Also, trains into Euston that day won't be running as their is works on that Bank Holiday weekend.

Chelsea's first 5 games of the league season:

12th August - Chelsea vs Burnley
19th August - Tottenham vs Chelsea
26th August - Chelsea vs Everton
9th September - Leicester City vs Chelsea 
16th September - Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't know if this is the Premier League showing their ineptness and their arrogance in equal measure but Tottenham are scheduled to play at home on the 26th August vs Burnley at Wembley, the same day as the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final, which takes place at Wembley and has done since it reopened in 2007.

Also, trains into Euston that day won't be running as their is works on that Bank Holiday weekend.

Yes, they're aware. Discussions ongoing between Spurs and Burnley to rearrange

Although why they're letting such a tinpot sport disrupt the Premier League I don't know

Just now, Storts said:

Yes, they're aware. Discussions ongoing between Spurs and Burnley to rearrange

Although why they're letting such a tinpot sport disrupt the Premier League I don't know

Surely they can just switch the game, so it's at Burnley?

I thought the same. Why are they letting a wanky game between two crap teams get in the way of a cup final, I don't know. 

Archived