talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 Fixtures Released - 14th June, 9am

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Surely they can just switch the game, so it's at Burnley?

I thought the same. Why are they letting a wanky game between two crap teams get in the way of a cup final, I don't know. 

Think more likely they will just move it to the Sunday. Although pitch won't be a great condition.

Cup final xD Couldn't be more insignificant

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think more likely they will just move it to the Sunday. Although pitch won't be a great condition.

what's happening with your games when the NFL is played in October there? Surely the pitch will get ruined or heavily damaged as a result?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's happening with your games when the NFL is played in October there? Surely the pitch will get ruined or heavily damaged as a result?

Probably yeah - we will play before the NFL though if we are at home, haven't checked, so shouldn't be as much of a problem.

I hate Wembley :( 

36 minutes ago, Storts said:

Pitch will be fine. It's the competitive scrums and mauls of Rugby Union that do damage to a pitch, though Wembley isn't typically used to such heavy use in such a short space of time. 

A wanky league game that can take place any time, anywhere. Couldn't be more insiginificant. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Pitch will be fine. It's the competitive scrums and mauls of Rugby Union that do damage to a pitch, though Wembley isn't typically used to such heavy use in such a short space of time. 

A wanky league game that can take place any time, anywhere. Couldn't be more insiginificant. 

Haha, a league game that has a million times more significance than a minority sport nobody in this country bar a small section cares about. The global appeal of Tottenham vs Burnley is massive compared to a challenge cup final(?) Whatever that is, that nobody has really heard of.

If I wanted scripted 'entertainment' I'd go to the theatre.

Which Premier League fixtures follow European games in the 2017/18 season?

CHELSEA

Champions Chelsea face an extremely daunting set of fixtures after their Champions League group games in 2017/18, including meetings with Arsenal, Manchester City, United and Liverpool. The silver lining is that four of their six games will take place at Stamford Bridge, but Antonio Conte's squad depth will certainly be far more sternly tested than last season.

Sept 16: Arsenal (h)

Sept 30: Manchester City (h)

Oct 21: Watford (h)

Nov 4: Manchester United (h)

Nov 25: Liverpool (a)

Dec 9: West Ham (a)

TOTTENHAM

Maurico Pochettino will be pleased with Tottenham's post-European schedule for the season ahead. Five of Spurs' six Champions League group games will be followed by home encounters, with Liverpool the only top-half opponent on the weekend of October 21. Their relatively kind schedule boosts their chances of managing the heavy workload successfully.

Sept 16: Swansea (h)

Sept 30: Huddersfield (a)

Oct 21: Liverpool (h)

Nov 4: Crystal Palace (h)

Nov 25: West Brom (h)

Dec 9: Stoke (h)

MANCHESTER CITY

City's tricky post-European schedule means Pep Guardiola will have to manage his squad carefully. Four of their six games come away from home, including long trips to Watford and Chelsea and a Manchester derby with United at Old Trafford. They will also have to contend a home game against Arsenal on the weekend of November 4.

Sept 16: Watford (a)

Sept 30: Chelsea (a)

Oct 21: Burnley (h)

Nov 4: Arsenal (h)

Nov 25: Huddersfield (a)

Dec 9: Manchester United (a)

LIVERPOOL

Liverpool's Champions League involvement depends on whether they successfully navigate their qualifying play-off, but if they do make it through they will face a tough post-European schedule. Jurgen Klopp's men will have to travel to Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham directly after their group games, And they will also face difficult home clashes against Chelsea and Everton.

Sept 16: Burnley (h)

Sept 30: Newcastle (a)

Oct 21: Tottenham (a)

Nov 4: West Ham (a)

Nov 25: Chelsea (h)

Dec 9: Everton (h)

MANCHESTER UNITED

Jose Mourinho spent much of last season complaining about United's fixture schedule, and it wouldn't be surprising to hear more of the same next season. Only two of United's post-group game fixtures are away from home, but that includes a daunting trip to Chelsea and they must also prepare for home games against Everton and Manchester City.

Sept 16: Everton (h)

Sept 30: Crystal Palace (h)

Oct 21: Huddersfield (a)

Nov 4: Chelsea (a)

Nov 25: Brighton (h)

Dec 9: Man City (h)

ARSENAL

As if dropping into the Europa League wasn't disappointing enough for Arsenal, they have now been handed a horrible run of Premier League fixtures directly after their group games. Arsene Wenger's side will rack up the miles with five of their six fixtures coming away from home, including long trips to Everton, Manchester City and Burnley. Arsenal may have little choice but to rest their stars in the Europa League.

Sept 16: Chelsea (a)

Sept 30: Brighton (h)

Oct 21: Everton (a)

Nov 4: Manchester City (a)

Nov 25: Burnley (a)

Dec 9: Southampton (a)

EVERTON

Everton have to get through a qualifying round in order to take their place in the Europa League group stage, but they face a tough schedule if they do make it. Ronald Koeman's side will have to travel to Manchester United, Southampton and Liverpool, and there is also a home clash with Arsenal scheduled for November 4.

Sept 16: Manchester United (a)

Sept 30: Burnley (h)

Oct 21: Arsenal (h)

Nov 4: Watford (h)

Nov 25: Southampton (a)

Dec 9: Liverpool (a)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10913432/which-premier-league-fixtures-follow-european-games-in-the-201718-season

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Haha, a league game that has a million times more significance than a minority sport nobody in this country bar a small section cares about. The global appeal of Tottenham vs Burnley is massive compared to a challenge cup final(?) Whatever that is, that nobody has really heard of.

If I wanted scripted 'entertainment' I'd go to the theatre.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a self-confessed Rugby Union fan. The arrogance is strong with this one. It's been set in stone for years, there's a contract in place, don't like it, oh well. Arrogance is a horrible trait.

If the global appeal is there for Spurs v Burnley, this is no issue at all. It can be played at a different time on a different date to suit the Asian market and the South Beijing Burnley Supporters Club. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I wouldn't expect anything less from a self-confessed Rugby Union fan. The arrogance is strong with this one. It's been set in stone for years, there's a contract in place, don't like it, oh well. Arrogance is a horrible trait.

If the global appeal is there for Spurs v Burnley, this is no issue at all. It can be played at a different time on a different date to suit the Asian market and the South Beijing Burnley Supporters Club. 

Self-confessed? I think Union is better but wouldn't say I'm a big fan xD I genuinely watch pretty much every sport too - just cannot stand League. It's awful and thankfully confined to one small area of the country.

I also don't really care that our game is being moved - I was just on the wind up. It's funny how defensive league fans always get though. Such an inferiority complex.

Fuck me. We face United, Arsenal, City, and Liverpool after a Champions League game. 

FA Cup defeat, our rivals strengthening. I know our board are stingy bastards, but this should be the last fucking notice to get some recruitment in. 

I think once TV have had their say you'll probably see the following moved.

Brighton v Man City - (Sky) - Saturday 12.30

Newcastle v Tottenham (BT) - Saturday 5.30

Watford v Liverpool (Sky) - Sunday 1.30

Chelsea v Burnley (Sky) - Sunday 4pm

Man Utd v West Ham (Sky) - Monday 8pm

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Will they now

I meant us as our first home game :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

maybe champions on first?

Can expect Sky to screw over Man City fans by putting it on Monday 8pm, leaving them with no options for travelling home that day by train...

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I meant us as our first home game :ph34r: 

maybe champions on first?

Can expect Sky to screw over Man City fans by putting it on Monday 8pm, leaving them with no options for travelling home that day by train...

Possibly. I always consider the main Sky game to be the Sunday 4pm game so thought they may build up the Chelsea game for that slot but you could be right.

20 minutes ago, True Blue said:

How heavily they started investing they could do just that.

Won't be fearing them until they sort out their defence. 

People moan about how terrible it would be if Liverpool win the league (from the bollocks  sky and the media would produce), but City is equally if not worse. Treating them as some fairy tale on par with Leicester's accomplishment.

I still remember last month after we won the title and had the trophy ceremony. Do you know what Sky aired the next day?  Some laughable 'premier' documentary on how City won the league (on goal difference) back in 2012.  Fuck sake xD

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Won't be fearing them until they sort out their defence. 

People moan about how terrible it would be if Liverpool win the league (from the bollocks  sky and the media would produce), but City is equally if not worse. Treating them as some fairy tale on par with Leicester's accomplishment.

I still remember last month after we won the title and had the trophy ceremony. Do you know what Sky aired the next day?  Some laughable 'premier' documentary on how City won the league (on goal difference) back in 2012.  Fuck sake xD

Do you watch the same media I do? Sky have had a huge stiffy for Liverpool winning the league again since I started actually watching football about 15 years ago and anyone who denies that or calls me 'bitter' for coming to that conclusion is deluded. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Do you watch the same media I do? Sky have had a huge stiffy for Liverpool winning the league again since I started actually watching football about 15 years ago and anyone who denies that or calls me 'bitter' for coming to that conclusion is deluded. 

Sky would wank in a sock if Pep wins the title with City. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Sky would wank in a sock if Pep wins the title with City. 

Shit, misunderstood your comment, thought you were saying the media say Liverpool winning the league would be terrible. 

Yes I agree, it would be absolutely as cringe worthy. 

• Subscriber

Our first two months are a nightmare. Horrible first game. Arsenal v Leicester is statistically the most one sided fixture in the PL era as we've lost our last ten trips there.

Man Utd away, Chelsea home and Liverpool home in the first six as well, with the other two games being against newly promoted sides. Not good.

Spurs away last day, again, not good.

Away on boxing day. Yet again, not good.

Nice run in towards the end barring the Spurs game though.

I expect Shakespeare to be the favourite to get the boot first. A lot of murmurings around him not seeing Christmas when he was appointed from neutrals and given our opening few games I can see us starting slowly.

Arsenal don't have a great record on the opening day but Leicester losing at Arsenal is an unwritten rule so I'm not expecting anything to fall our way there.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Fingers crossed about that. Thought ours would be nailed on for a move but maybe we'll get away with it.

Archived