talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 Fixtures Released - 14th June, 9am

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Large said:

Anyone else slightly underwhelemed by the opening round of fixtures? My first thought when seeing them was blimey, not much there.

I thought that about our whole fixture list :ph34r:

I couldn't find anything to look forward to. We are in no man's land at the minute, no rivals, no enemies, no competition.

This must be what it is like to support Swansea.

10 minutes ago, Large said:

Anyone else slightly underwhelemed by the opening round of fixtures? My first thought when seeing them was blimey, not much there.

It's hard to generate exciting fixtures when half of the league are nothing clubs who offer little to the competition. 

16 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It's hard to generate exciting fixtures when half of the league are nothing clubs who offer little to the competition. 

I understand what you say even if I don't agree, but you usually get at least one game that your 'objective' fan will fancy. But other than an interest in seeing how Brighton and Newcastle get on with opening games against title contenders, it all looks meh.

9 minutes ago, Large said:

I understand what you say even if I don't agree, but you usually get at least one game that your 'objective' fan will fancy. But other than an interest in seeing how Brighton and Newcastle get on with opening games against title contenders, it all looks meh.

Most weeks look that way due to the make up of the Premier League and the Premier League doesn't tend to start with games between rivals or title contenders, so I don't really think the fixtures could be any better or worse than they are. 

Archived