27/02/2019 - Liverpool 5-0 Watford

Recent Form
Watford - LDLWL
Liverpool - DWDWW

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I was going to say it's only Watford you'll be fine but then saw and remembered the 3-0 from last time at Vicarage Road. I still doubt that lightning strikes twice but I suppose they might have a bit of a new manager bounce and be buoyed by Liverpool missing a couple of players.

No Alisson or Fabinho is absolute shit, tbh. Rubbish scheduling of internationals, well done CBF/CONMEBOL/whoever else is to blame 9_9.

But at least we have Trent back.

Not gonna lie, I think sides like Watford with a new manager are the worst kinds of teams for us to face really.

Klopp's not happy with the Jones injury

"It's really difficult to get proper in contact even with the English federation because they just do what they want.

"Curtis didn't train, then wasn't involved in the first game. They didn't do a scan or whatever, then he played a few minutes in the second game.

"Who were the opponents? Andorra? Great. Very important that he played there.

"He came back and has a slight injury and is not available for tomorrow.

"These are the situations we have to deal with. That's why we have these massive squads so we can use players like machines.

"I've said it before, but when the federations don't start helping us - and I mean all of them, the Premier League, the FA - they have to think about the game again and not only about their own interests.

"I am six years here and we talk about it and it makes no sense, but nobody obviously is listening."

The Andorra comment in particular is the sort of attitude that I believe does rile certain people in certain smaller places of the world. Sounds like he got carried away with the everyone is clearly against Liverpool winning narrative he seems to enjoy.

Also seems to be a big slight on Rice, Phillips, Ward-Prowse, because as & when Jones starts for England, it's probably against one of the weaker teams.

Different clubs go through a phase of seemingly having an injury jinx. It has been Liverpool for a while now. It's really not a conspiracy from what I see & hear though.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

The Andorra comment in particular is the sort of attitude that I believe does rile certain people in certain smaller places of the world. Sounds like he got carried away with the everyone is clearly against Liverpool winning narrative he seems to enjoy.

Also seems to be a big slight on Rice, Phillips, Ward-Prowse, because as & when Jones starts for England, it's probably against one of the weaker teams.

Different clubs go through a phase of seemingly having an injury jinx. It has been Liverpool for a while now. It's really not a conspiracy from what I see & hear though.

It's the worst injury crisis in the history of football. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Very disrespectful to Andorra.

What he's saying is its not a really important game, and given that the player hadn't even trained after missing the first game through injury.. it was pretty fucking stupid putting him on.

Anyone with half a brain can see what Klopps saying is right.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What he's saying is its not a really important game, and given that the player hadn't even trained after missing the first game through injury.. it was pretty fucking stupid putting him on.

Anyone with half a brain can see what Klopps saying is right.

I wasn't being serious. 

I've heard klopp is making excuses again. All top teams loose players to injury because of internationals it's a part of the game. International football is important to 

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've heard klopp is making excuses again. All top teams loose players to injury because of internationals it's a part of the game. International football is important to 

Klopp and the club have several issues with how our FA has operated with regards to our players - the newest one is with Curtis Jones where what should have happened would have been this:

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Shouldn’t he of been returned back to the club from international duty if he was injured? That seems to be the regular process. 

But that isn't what happened, so Klopp and the club are annoyed that the FA 1.) didn't tell us the extent of the injury; 2.) didn't release him back so he can begin whatever his recovery process is in accordance with how Liverpool gets injured players back up and running.

I think any manager would be annoyed with the FA in this situation.

• Subscriber
On 14/10/2021 at 13:52, RandoEFC said:

I was going to say it's only Watford you'll be fine but then saw and remembered the 3-0 from last time at Vicarage Road. I still doubt that lightning strikes twice but I suppose they might have a bit of a new manager bounce and be buoyed by Liverpool missing a couple of players.

New manager bounce and the early kick off too? There's only one way this result is heading I'm afraid.

38 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

'i haven't looked into it but I'm just going to spout shite anyway'

Well he does have a record of coming out with ridiculous excuses. Its understandable I thought it was probably just another one

Klopps comments are bullshit TBH. Fact of the matter is, that if ANYONE got injured against Andorra their club would say the same. And to that I'll just say: Well someone fucking had to play them!

Obviously you're not going to put out Kane, Hendo, Sterling and the like. So that leaves players like Lingard and Jones to pick up the pieces. 
Cry me a river Klopp, a second string England player played for some minutes and now your second string midfielder misses a game. You'd not give a fuck if your best midfield was available. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Liverpool training right now. See their S&C routine because fuck me they've had a crisis recently. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Klopps comments are bullshit TBH. Fact of the matter is, that if ANYONE got injured against Andorra their club would say the same. And to that I'll just say: Well someone fucking had to play them!

Obviously you're not going to put out Kane, Hendo, Sterling and the like. So that leaves players like Lingard and Jones to pick up the pieces. 
Cry me a river Klopp, a second string England player played for some minutes and now your second string midfielder misses a game. You'd not give a fuck if your best midfield was available. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Liverpool training right now. See their S&C routine because fuck me they've had a crisis recently. 

Jones wasn't called up for the senior side.

What's bullshit about it? He was unable to train, missed a game and then played against Andorra. Love how you know how it all works between Liverpool and the English FA, do tell us more

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Jones wasn't called up for the senior side.

What's bullshit about it? He was unable to train, missed a game and then played against Andorra. Love how you know how it all works between Liverpool and the English FA, do tell us more

England commits to international tournaments
They need to qualify however
They use professional players who are English to achieve this
Some clubs are more successful than others, and thus have more desirable players 
One such club is Liverpool. 
So England ask the player to play
He says yes
Oh no! He got a boo boo in training! 
But! He passes a fitness test on match day or the day before
He is cleared to play by people who specialize in this area
He plays
Oh no! he reaggravates it
Now he can't play his game for Liverpool. 

Want me to give you some milk and tuck you in now? 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

England commits to international tournaments
They need to qualify however
They use professional players who are English to achieve this
Some clubs are more successful than others, and thus have more desirable players 
One such club is Liverpool. 
So England ask the player to play
He says yes
Oh no! He got a boo boo in training! 
But! He passes a fitness test on match day or the day before
He is cleared to play by people who specialize in this area
He plays
Oh no! he reaggravates it
Now he can't play his game for Liverpool. 

Want me to give you some milk and tuck you in now? 

He didn't need to play against Andorra if he'd already had an injury

• The title was changed to Watford 0-5 Liverpool - Saturday 16th October, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived