talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 8 Matches - Saturday 16th October, 2021

football forum

On 14/10/2021 at 21:50, Dr. Gonzo said:

How much longer do you think Solksjaer's got? They just renewed his contract recently, didn't they?

I think with the players you've got at your disposal, he's sort of got no more room to hide from excuses - United need to win something this season (and I think they've been knocked out of one cup already?).

On the other side of the coin, you've got Cristiano Ronaldo so there's a good chance he can paper over cracks and get you wins and have you contending for silverware on pure quality alone even if United play like shit.

Honestly, I think the time is coming where the right thing for United to do is be rid of him and get a better manager in. We're not quite talking Arteta levels of out-of-depth-ness... but I do think it's concerning for United fans that he's been unable to build a functional midfield with the players at his disposal imo.

It's the football we are displaying with the players we have at our disposal that's disappointing. It's just painful to watch at times.

I think Ole will get until the end of the season but I'm not entirely sure he will get another if he doesn't win a trophy.

Ronaldo could end up being his biggest issue as the season rolls on, if results continue as they are Ronaldo will continue with his tantrums and it will heap pressure on Ole.

22 hours ago, Dan said:

It's a pretty odd one isn't it Saturday, feel like both of us are really underperforming, your league position isn't alarming but I think relative to your fixtures, and expectation it's disappointing and you've got to improve to get back on any kind of track. Ours is sort of similar - it's a slow start but it's not been slow enough to attract any real attention, yet I feel like performance wise I can only name 3 sides I think we've definitely been better than. Neither of us have had particularly tough fixtures so far.

With Rodgers supposedly pledging his commitment in saying no to the Newcastle interest I do wonder if that'll give us a new lease of life, but in truth I don't think it's as simple as that. No result would shock me in all honesty.

A defeat for either side and its a terrible start given our pre season ambitions.

With Bailly and Lindelof being our only fit centre back pair I'd imagine Rodgers will be thinking of going all out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Devil said:

It's the football we are displaying with the players we have at our disposal that's disappointing. It's just painful to watch at times.

I think Ole will get until the end of the season but I'm not entirely sure he will get another if he doesn't win a trophy.

Ronaldo could end up being his biggest issue as the season rolls on, if results continue as they are Ronaldo will continue with his tantrums and it will heap pressure on Ole.

A defeat for either side and its a terrible start given our pre season ambitions.

With Bailly and Lindelof being our only fit centre back pair I'd imagine Rodgers will be thinking of going all out.

Ugh fucking Bailly. That bloke never has a bad game against us. I've never known a defender Vardy struggles against as frequently other than possibly Van Dijk, but the latter is expected.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Thats us fucked then, we will lose and Ole will say it was because the United players had Jet Lag. xD

What? 

Why is that you fucked? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

What? 

Why is that you fucked? 

A joke Stan, I have it down as a draw 2-2 and ten to a penny Vardy will be on the score sheet if Rogers play him, its strange seeing your team mid-table as last year if I remember right you were in the top 4.

• Subscriber

First 3 goals Maguire was involved in all 3. His fucked up on the first, played them all on for the second by dropping back and he was fucking marking Vardy for the third goal. For some fucked up reason he left him and dropped into his own 6 yard box.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

First 3 goals Maguire was involved in all 3. His fucked up on the first, played them all on for the second by dropping back and he was fucking marking Vardy for the third goal. For some fucked up reason he left him and dropped into his own 6 yard box.

Don't think he was fit, should have played Bailey instead.

10 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Surely this is the end for Ole?  We will be mid table by the end of November if we don't stop the rot.

Nah, he’s got plenty of support still. Whether he’ll have that level of support after Atalanta, Liverpool, Tottenham, Atalanta, City, Watford, Villarreal, Chelsea and Arsenal is another thing. I think his future depends on those next nine, if he gets all nine. 

United are only 5 points off the top. No way they sack him now. 

It is tricky though. Sack him now and get Conte in. Or give him more time but risk falling away from the pack considering their hectic schedule these next several weeks. 

I wrote a post earlier in the week where I stated my feelings on watching United.

I had feeling we'd get turned over today but I never imagined it would be so brutal, that could have been 6 or 7 and it was again clear this team are being sent our without a clear system or game plan.

Too many of these players perform for their countries and previous clubs with World class performances.

Well done Leicester, fully deserved.

Totally at a loss what the board are thinking now, we could easily lose the next three and be on the verge of losing our Champions spot and also our place in the Champions league this season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived