• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 8 Matches - Saturday 16th October, 2021

football forum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Feel like I'm only just getting my breath back after that. For a neutral that must have been very entertaining. 

Think the 4-2 is weirdly a right outcome. Our play deserved the goals, a touch of class for Greenwood's goal. Think our overall approach and attitude, backed by the loudest the KP has been this season, helped a lot. But what also helped is some key players finding their form again. 

Tielemans showed Pogba how to control a midfield. Maddison occupied the #10 spot very well and needed that good performance. Got tired towards the end but when he was on it, a lot of our play would go through him and we'd profit. The Iheanacho/Vardy partnerships and contributions continue. Iheanacho now has 23 goal contributions in 26 games - ridiculously good form. 

Back 3 kept Ronaldo quiet and felt like he barely got a look in. Hope Evans isn't too badly injured. We look so much more organised with Evans playing. Wing backs were good too. Pereira seemed to be back to his best when he's allowed to push forward and link up with attacks. 

For Man Utd how is Matic still getting starts?! Very lethargic and just gives away fouls. Maguire had a shocker of a game. Looked shot of confidence himself and didn't look ready for the game right from the start. 

A confidence-boosting win. A 3 points fully deserved. Hope this is the start of a good run in the league with some tough games to come. 

• Subscriber

I give up with Ole, I can't even be bothered listening to his excuses after a match, I know we can blame some players too but as someone mentioned, he does not seem to have a game plan and if he does the players would not have a clue what it is.

Once upon a time, I would look forward to watching a match life or even MOTD but nowadays I just can't be arsed, SAF sitting in the stands watching United nowadays must be sad as fuck what Ole is doing to United.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

It looks like it's his first ever game of football 

I'd be ashamed doing that in my 5-a-side games on Thursdays. Embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes that's what it is. 

I'm pretty certain it is, we've been crap for long enough now surely people can cut us some slack. 😂

Credit to Leicester today, I knew you go at us knowing we were weak. Easily should have had far more goals.

De Gea was the man of the match for me.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'm pretty certain it is, we've been crap for long enough now surely people can cut us some slack. 😂

Credit to Leicester today, I knew you go at us knowing we were weak. Easily should have had far more goals.

De Gea was the man of the match for me.

For Utd yes. Kept the score mildly respectable and from being a thrashing. 

I think Tielemans was the outright man of the match. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

For Utd yes. Kept the score mildly respectable and from being a thrashing. 

I think Tielemans was the outright man of the match. 

Fantastic footballer, don't take this the wrong way but I'm amazed one of the top clubs didn't go for him before your lot made made move.

I'd seen him against United years previous and it was clear he was a top player.

He was really good today but it was the introduction of Daka for me that changed the game, he got himself so involved and we lost our way once he was on the pitch.

• Subscriber

That was absolutely special. Felt like a turning point in our season for me. Every one of them to a man was brilliant and the fact we nearly didn't win was unreal.

Fantastic game of football but one we thoroughly deserved to win. So much went right today. Soumare's best game by a distance. Daka finally off the mark. Maddison looked a lot back to himself albeit without the goal or assist. Even Perez getting assists.

Just brilliant. To a man they were great.

58 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't know what it is with Leicester, but Soyuncu and Maguire are 2 of the worst CBs I've ever seen playing for top clubs. They just attract them or somethingxD

I really think united are our biggest allies :35_thinking: they out bid us on Maguire and stopped us signing Ronaldo :4_joy:  .."no no no, Maguire is too shit for you lot, we will have him" 🤣 

56 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't know what it is with Leicester, but Soyuncu and Maguire are 2 of the worst CBs I've ever seen playing for top clubs. They just attract them or somethingxD

I don’t think they’re that bad tbh, they’re maybe not too tier but they definitely have more good days than bad.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think they’re that bad tbh, they’re maybe not too tier but they definitely have more good days than bad.

When Maguire has a bad one he has a shocker though. Sure he's competent in 2/5 games, good in 2/5 and shite in 1/5, but by god in that bad game he's right down there with Titus Bramble and Christophe Berra. 

Soyuncu also has some shocking moments, less obvious but consistent to a point where I honestly think he's more liability than help 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived