talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 8 Matches - Saturday 16th October, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber

Man Utd have pretty much looked like garbage every time I've seen them this season, if you hold them to the standards required to compete for a title. Personally I don't take them seriously as title contenders compared to City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Everyone knows by now that Solskjaer is living on borrowed time. Like genuinely, we all know it. May as well get around to it and start looking for the next serious manager.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

They look like a disorganised group of very talented players, which is what you expect when you don't construct a squad in a balanced way and prioritise strengthening your weaknesses, and have a totally inept manager in charge of them. I think he's gone by Christmas. This is the run that sinks him.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

They look like a disorganised group of very talented players, which is what you expect when you don't construct a squad in a balanced way and prioritise strengthening your weaknesses, and have a totally inept manager in charge of them. I think he's gone by Christmas. This is the run that sinks him.

Will they sack him though?

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Will they sack him though?

I think with how blatantly flawed the side is and how hard your upcoming fixtures are, the writing's on the wall. I have to stress to you - this is a Leicester side that have barely played well all season. Now we were very good today, but Man Utd made it pretty simple, and played into our hands.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Devil said:

Fantastic footballer, don't take this the wrong way but I'm amazed one of the top clubs didn't go for him before your lot made made move.

I'd seen him against United years previous and it was clear he was a top player.

He was really good today but it was the introduction of Daka for me that changed the game, he got himself so involved and we lost our way once he was on the pitch.

Nah you're right. The talent and quality has been there for years. I think he was scoring in the CL for Anderlecht when he was only 16. I think he's gone next summer - I think he's reached a level where he's almost deserved to be at a bigger club than us. When he does go, I hope it's to a side abroad so we don't have to play against him xD

9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't know what it is with Leicester, but Soyuncu and Maguire are 2 of the worst CBs I've ever seen playing for top clubs. They just attract them or somethingxD

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

When Maguire has a bad one he has a shocker though. Sure he's competent in 2/5 games, good in 2/5 and shite in 1/5, but by god in that bad game he's right down there with Titus Bramble and Christophe Berra. 

Soyuncu also has some shocking moments, less obvious but consistent to a point where I honestly think he's more liability than help 

Soyuncu just needs a better centre back next to him. He looked back to his normal self yesterday with Evans next to him. When Vestergaard or Amartey are partnered with him he looks like a rabbit in headlights. He becomes far less of a liability when Evans is next to him but you're right he does look very shaky at times this season. Last couple of seasons, especially 19/20 he looked solid. 

Maguire is just very much a special case xD I know he's had his brainfart moments in games here and there but he had about 4 individual ones yesterday which led to the goals. 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Pretty much sums everything up that post.

We're a mess. We signed Sancho because we needed a player for the right hand side and he's not had a single game out there. Instead he's played from the left which is a position we have Rashford and Martial covering.

Donny doesn't get a game even though the midfield is the worst we've had in all my years supporting them.

Varane is our only competent centre back despite us spending 150 million on three other over the last four years and Aaron Wan Bissaka is never top four quality at right back.

Add to that we've got a fantastic shot stopper who stays rooted to his line and confuses the whole defence on every cross.

Then you have Pogba, he's been a strutting peacock who hasn't strung more than three good games in a row since we broke the transfer record to sign him. The fact he was the man speaking to the media saying we need change is a major insult, I hope he doesn't sign a contract and goes for free because he's been a cancer to the club since his return.

Which leaves Ole, clearly out of his depth, sorry to say it being a club legend but it's a fact. 

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Pretty much sums everything up that post.

We're a mess. We signed Sancho because we needed a player for the right hand side and he's not had a single game out there. Instead he's played from the left which is a position we have Rashford and Martial covering.

Donny doesn't get a game even though the midfield is the worst we've had in all my years supporting them.

Varane is our only competent centre back despite us spending 150 million on three other over the last four years and Aaron Wan Bissaka is never top four quality at right back.

Add to that we've got a fantastic shot stopper who stays rooted to his line and confuses the whole defence on every cross.

Then you have Pogba, he's been a strutting peacock who hasn't strung more than three good games in a row since we broke the transfer record to sign him. The fact he was the man speaking to the media saying we need change is a major insult, I hope he doesn't sign a contract and goes for free because he's been a cancer to the club since his return.

Which leaves Ole, clearly out of his depth, sorry to say it being a club legend but it's a fact. 

What about the fella up front who doesn't run?

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What about the fella up front who doesn't run?

He will score goals if we create him chances, the problem we have is we don't create chances.

I agree though his lack of mobility is a concern.

Just now, Devil said:

He will score goals if we create him chances, the problem we have is we don't create chances.

I agree though his lack of mobility is a concern.

Of course he will but you won't win the league or Champions League playing like that.

Carragher made a point on The Overlap with Neville that Solskjaer didn't want Lukaku because he didn't press or run enough and only scored goals. You've now come full circle. I'm not saying Lukaku has ever been on Ronaldo's level but you now have the same type of player up there.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Of course he will but you won't win the league or Champions League playing like that.

Carragher made a point on The Overlap with Neville that Solskjaer didn't want Lukaku because he didn't press or run enough and only scored goals. You've now come full circle. I'm not saying Lukaku has ever been on Ronaldo's level but you now have the same type of player up there.

Ronaldo would thrive if we were attacking teams with venom but were so predictable at the moment so he's getting starved of service.

Imagine how many he'd score for Liverpool or City, the type of movement around the box they make would open the door to him so many times during a game. United are playing so pedestrian teams are just sitting there laughing at us.

Ronaldo himself had said we don't move the ball quick enough. He's right as, Rashford, Martial, Sancho, Fernandes....

All incredible tight space one touch footballers yet we don't play a fast tempo game. 

It's total madness.

Well I think a few here called it right. 2 very exciting 3pm Saturday kick offs!

2 league defeats in a row now for Villa since their win at Old Trafford.

It looked a dodgy run with Spurs (a) Wolves (h) Arsenal (a) & West Ham (h)

The 2 defeats have only been by 1 goal against sides desperate for wins. And it is a crazy reflection of the league to be sandwiched by Arsenal & Leicester right now.

But, it could very easily be 4 consecutive defeats for Villa fairly soon. I can't help but feel that looking over their shoulders at bottom 6 is going to be much, much closer than getting close to the top 6 & Europe spots.

For me, they urgently need Leon Bailey to be properly fit. And it does feel like a slightly lightweight defence around Martinez & Mings.

• The topic was unpinned
On 27/08/2021 at 16:21, Batard said:

Yeah but if City go on to win the league it's all irrelevant though. When your transfer strategy is to simply one up your local rivals, it's quite myopic. Personally I see bringing Ronaldo back limiting the development of players like Greenwood and Sancho if he's taking their spot. He's obviously a class player, but he is 36 and winding down to the end of his career and should be bringing the next generation forward not taking their spot. 

On 27/08/2021 at 16:29, Cicero said:

Watch his influence diminish

On 27/08/2021 at 17:07, Redcanuck said:

This surprised me,  I love Ronaldo but thought United had moved on.  It makes sense on a lot of levels, but our central midfield is still a major liability.  I guess we are going to try to win games 4-3.

On 27/08/2021 at 20:20, Waylander said:

Very surprised on Ronaldo.

To me he is a shadow of his former self and cannot run over 45 mins let alone 90.

Think this will backfire and benefit the rest of the big clubs.

It was refreshing seeing people remain objective in the Ronaldo Joining United thread at a time when all other Social Media platforms were bursting blood vessels at the mere thought of his squad number being 7.

Whilst I imagine a new manager will be able to get a different tune out of him, it looks like all he's done so far is cause Manchester United to regress by about two years. His impact appears to limit the effectiveness of Jadon Sancho whose better games have come when he's played with Cavani who allows him to run past him and be effective. 

His biggest criticism at Juventus last season was that he went missing in the bigger games but was clinical in matches they expected to win. It seems like based on the first six weeks we may see something similar happening here.

The biggest winner so far seems to be Jesse Lingaard. Having a wide player who works hard and is good at retaining possession outside the area is exactly the type of player Ronaldo needs to compliment with to be effective given he's trained himself to be lively in the 18 yard box and isn't being told to press defenders.

As a CFC fan see the irony with Ronaldo some say the players don;t feel up to his standard, I've questioned his all round workrate yet which ever it is, just now it isn't working.

For me last season Utd had a strong attack and with adding Sancho looked like they would again be strong.

Just have the feeling that Ronaldo and the media circus that follows him will damage Utd this season and damage dressing room harmony.

Archived