talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VPN

football forum

• Subscriber

Just a heads up - ExpressVPN has recently been bought by an ex-malware company with direct links to Mossad, and one of the top executives of ExpressVPN has been involved in and fined for hacking and spying for UAE.

I used to use it and recommend it to people as the speeds and the service was great, but will be jumping ship now.

Just in case anyone else uses it and wasn't aware of the changes.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 18/10/2021 at 17:20, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh shit what should I use now instead?

I switched to Mullvad. Simple, fast, and trustworthy. Also, they're cheap (5$/5€ a month flat rate and the price hasn't changed in years), they don't advertise, and they also don't throttle any type of traffic. As anonymous as it gets - you don't even need an email address, and payment options include crypto and even cash (!). 

Nord VPN is another good, more popular "mainstream" option.

Just now, nudge said:

I switched to Mullvad. Simple, fast, and trustworthy. Also, they're cheap (5$/5€ a month flat rate and the price hasn't changed in years), they don't advertise, and they also don't throttle any type of traffic. As anonymous as it gets - you don't even need an email address, and payment options include crypto and even cash (!). 

Nord VPN is another good, more popular "mainstream" option.

Nord VPN is shite though in my experience. When I did my free trial of it I had so many issues with their VPN servers not being stable.

So I’ll try out Mullvad

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nord VPN is shite though in my experience. When I did my free trial of it I had so many issues with their VPN servers not being stable.

So I’ll try out Mullvad

Same, I don't like Nord either, and my experience was similar to yours... 

• Subscriber

Just as an FYI Nord had issues with the connections sometimes being made over lines that showed secure traffic but the reality was that they could be decrypted because their entire encryption block was hacked so I'd kind of stay far away from them. They've since claimed to fix their issues but if a company waits more than 3 months to disclose a security vulnerability then who's to say they won't do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2021 at 07:43, nudge said:

Just a heads up - ExpressVPN has recently been bought by an ex-malware company with direct links to Mossad, and one of the top executives of ExpressVPN has been involved in and fined for hacking and spying for UAE.

I used to use it and recommend it to people as the speeds and the service was great, but will be jumping ship now.

Just in case anyone else uses it and wasn't aware of the changes.

I think I signed up for a one-year sub.  I wonder if they'll refund the unused portion.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Coma said:

I think I signed up for a one-year sub.  I wonder if they'll refund the unused portion.

Their customer service is usually great, so it's probably worth asking!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I currently have Mullvad and ProtonVPN, and will be deciding for one of those at the end of the month. Mullvad is good, especially for the price, but I think I'm going with ProtonVPN; I absolutely love it. Has dedicated servers for streaming, P2P, secure core, and also integrated Tor network. 

Archived