talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group F

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Definitely don't think that was a shit corner from Rashford, training ground move.

It was a move, but it was an awful corner to be bouncing up like that, brilliant finish which made it look better. It's the same corner routine we use at Spurs with Dier all the time 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the lack of composure that irritates me because I know they have it at club level.

I have accepted that we have a pair of vanarama conference style centre backs and a goalkeeper that should wear jogging bottoms to indicate he's nuts. 

The players fitness looked a bit iffy tonight though. I've seen buses accelerate quicker than Eric Dier and Phil Jones looked like he's had a few nights out with Rooney.

I didn't expect Burning Gold to have a pop at me of all people xD

Anyways I stopped watching in the second half, but if England were as shit as they were in the first half then they are the ultimate result grinders. Its unbelievable how good they look in qualifying "on paper" but how shit they actually are.

Meanwhile Martin Skrtel and Marek Hamsik are swimming the mediterrenean as we speak.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

3311.thumb.jpg.14d0b0b6f331e3672be8b9cc25149125.jpg

Fucking Rashford with the winning goal, not surprised at all. same age as solanke, but already 10times the player solanke is or will ever be or that overpriced striker Leicester got from Citeh.xD Marcus Fucking Rashford

I still find it baffling that Solanke managed to win the golden ball at the U20 World Cup. That was for Jonjoe Kenny.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

grpf.PNG

The race for 2nd is more interesting than if England can/will finish top. Ironically, England could do Scotland a favour by beating Slovenia. Scotland could just help themselves to beat Slovakia as well though.

Thursday 5th October
England vs Slovenia
Malta vs Lithuania
Scotland vs Slovakia

Sunday 8th October
Lithuania vs England
Slovakia vs Malta
Slovenia vs Scotland

So tonight we hope to limp over the line looking completely unprepared when we play any half decent team because of the opposition within our group (that we've still managed to struggle against most of the time).

Europe really need to consider altering the way these qualifiers are done to increase competition.

2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

So tonight we hope to limp over the line looking completely unprepared when we play any half decent team because of the opposition within our group (that we've still managed to struggle against most of the time).

Europe really need to consider altering the way these qualifiers are done to increase competition.

How do Italy, Germany, France and Spain manage it?

26 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

How do Italy, Germany, France and Spain manage it?

Well given their last two World Cups Italy and France don't, Spain were terrible in the previous World Cup, whilst Germany are the model we all want to follow.

Increasing competition during the group stages will lead to more European teams being suitably prepared for the World Cup due to the more settled squads and grown confidence.

It's not like European teams have struggled in the World Cup.

Of the last 6 finalists, 5 have been European. Only Argentina made a final, which was in their home continent. 

Of the last 12 semi-finalists, 9 have been European.

Seems the qualification system is fine for most big European teams.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Well given their last two World Cups Italy and France don't, Spain were terrible in the previous World Cup, whilst Germany are the model we all want to follow.

Increasing competition during the group stages will lead to more European teams being suitably prepared for the World Cup due to the more settled squads and grown confidence.

South America easily has the most competitive qualifiers in the world, yet Europe is always the winner. Yes, there are more teams but the top teams in Europe are higher in quantity than the top teams in South America.

For example, a nation like Argentina and Brazil will challenge. A team like Chile or Uruguay will trouble teams and perhaps get to the semi-finals but won't actually win it.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Scotland, like England seem to be focused so much on what ''used to work'' rather than what ''could work''. As a result you see dross has-beens playing rather than the actual talent that the people want to see. 

Difference is "what used to work" has never worked.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

We could have done with a Slovenia goal just to kick start these lethargic fucks. We'd lose to Iceland again playing like this.

Said at the time for all it really is the icing on where we are as a team now, that result really wasn't THAT surprising to anyone who had seen both sides play in that tournament. I happen to agree too.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived