Oldham vs Stevenage
Port vale vs Barrow
Salford vs Hartlepool
Scunthorpe vs Forest Green
Swindon vs Rochdale

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off to watch my local side in my 30's play against one of my local sides from when I was a child this weekend.

Crawley Town Vs. Sutton United.

A couple of ex AFC Wimbledon, Millwall and Crystal Palace I've noticed in the Crawley Town team. Millwall legend Tony Craig is there in his twilight years and Kwesi Appiah didn't quite emulate his FM heroics for @Whiskey and is there now.

Sutton United still have Arsenal 'wonderkid' Craig Eastmond who has been there a couple of seasons but other than that it's a relatively new team of in form lower league players. 

Enzo Boldewijn was a popular figure at Crawley Town. He scuttled to Notts County with Harry Kewell which failed spectacularly and now finds himself at Sutton United. Could be interesting if he scores and does the helicopter at the home fans.

• The topic was unpinned

The football I saw in League Two this weekend was pretty poor. Crawley inparticular were so flat. There performance was summed up brilliantly when they had a corner in the last couple of minutes and the player slipped over as he went to take it.

You can see why Sutton United have adapted well to League Two. They have some very big athletes in center defence and the center mid positions complimented by two wide players who actually tried to play with the ball on the floor. I said with thirty minutes to spare if anybody is going to score in this shitshow of a game it will be a Sutton United header. Crawley did well to limit shots to long range in the first half but in the second half they sat back against these giants. Right on cue Sutton United scored a header in stoppage time.

The actual goal was worth seeing for the celebration. 20 minutes in to the game a tannoy came out warning fans that the game could get abandoned because a Sutton defender had reported racial abuse. The black player who scored ran up to the fake ultras were the chanting was and cupped his ears. The fans then inevitably did that thing where they run to the front like they're about to kick off and then hit a visible wall when they're about five yards away from the goalscorer who was loving it.

The Den, home of Millwall FC based in Bermondsey, South East London and compete in the Championship. Nicknamed the “Lions” after being named “Lions of the South” many years ago and have kept the name ever since. My 150th ground!!! As I’m in London for the weekend, it can only be a special one!! The passion of the Millwall crowd is too good for me to not visit whilst I’m here and they’re at home, so let’s go and see them face Luton Town! Read more here: https://toplissattheturnstiles.com/millwall-fc/ 245430301_1286808195118356_4757892022269245447316_1303496700115221_7710173498661

• The title was changed to Football League 2021/2022 - 15th-17th October

Archived