talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Steve Bruce Leaves Newcastle By 'Mutual Consent'

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The ignorance of this from @The Premier Steve's is actually hurting me. 

Can everybody please stop ignoring Stan's posts... it triggers him, I know I have been guilty of this myself in the recent past but enough is enough people... If you don't feel you can be arsed to give a reply then just whack in a quick upvote or smiley face just to acknowledge that you have at least glanced at it in passing... Thank you all in advance

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Can everybody please stop ignoring Stan's posts... it triggers him, I know I have been guilty of this myself in the recent past but enough is enough people... If you don't feel you can be arsed to give a reply then just whack in a quick upvote or smiley face just to acknowledge that you have at least glanced at it in passing... Thank you all in advance

Thank you mate. Means a lot. 

Ignorance isn't always bliss, is it? I never saw you as the one fighting my corner. You're not that bad after all :ph34r:

Bruce did have a good chance to gain support last season. There was a lot of promise and opportunity for it. If you can't answer when, where and why that went wrong and started to turn you should probably stop with the league table punditry. It's just bad low level no knowledge lack of information analysis.

In his first season there wasn't much from the crowd. No one wanted him, would be the same at any Premier League club, but it was what it was. The crowd was silent, dead inside, gates were down 10,000 it was the worst atmosphere in the history of the club. He would constantly lie and contradict himself but the club was still getting over the death of all hope. We could visibly see on the pitch we were regressing from an organised and solid defence to a side winging it. We didn't seem to have a plan or style. Covid came and things went behind closed doors.

We spent a bit more money and got into a great position last season to kick on, started well and instead we imploded. Went on a 2 wins in 17 run, spiralled towards Fulham. During which he started saying all the wrong tthings. He called the fans hysterical. He has a history of attacking the fans of the clubs he manages. Played to the ex-pro audience and not the fanbase. He fell out with every local journalist apart from one. He banned one journalist for printing a true story simply because he didn't like that the story was printed.

This season crowd was fine at first. New season, ended last season OK, let's see what happens. Then it went down hill fast. He made it worse with comments like he wants to just keep us ticking along. That led to chants of "we're Newcastle and we are ticking along, we are ticking along, we are ticking alalong". We couldn't buy a win and that led to Brucie out chants. As we were struggling he infuriated people by going on holiday in a crisis. Then the takeover came and he continued being unprofessional in the media. Telling journos they need a slap for getting it wrong about him being sacked. A few days later he was sacked.

The defence looks a shambles individually and collectively this season. The players look unfit. However the attack has some form of threat. We are in need of organisation and probably new ideas. We have benched players we likely need to draw from and try with.

It's not going to be easy. A lot of damage to fitness and coaching has been done. It's likely going to be difficult for anyone who comes in to undo this during a season.

Takeover or not, people wanted Bruce out because we were descending into another dog shit experience of a season.

We don't ask for something more than the sum of our parts. More than our ability. We simply ask for what every other fanbase asks for. Professionalism, pride, ambition, hope, organisation, direction, vision, modernism and progression. These are the characteristics missing or fluctuating too much under Bruce. These are the characteristics missing at nearly every club who want their manager out. 

Paulo Fonseca has been firm favourite for a week. He's had talks and apparently is ready to accept. However, the local journos last night were briefing that it probably won't be Fonseca, the consortium are still looking at Favre, Emery and Martinez. Possibly all depends on who director of football is.

42 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Paulo Fonseca has been firm favourite for a week. He's had talks and apparently is ready to accept. However, the local journos last night were briefing that it probably won't be Fonseca, the consortium are still looking at Favre, Emery and Martinez. Possibly all depends on who director of football is.

It's going to be Lampard... I don't know why they keep piss balling about with it, just make the announcement and let's go.. 

On 22/10/2021 at 23:31, The Premier Steve's said:

In his first season there wasn't much from the crowd. No one wanted him, would be the same at any Premier League club, but it was what it was. The crowd was silent, dead inside, gates were down 10,000 it was the worst atmosphere in the history of the club. He would constantly lie and contradict himself but the club was still getting over the death of all hope. We could visibly see on the pitch we were regressing from an organised and solid defence to a side winging it. We didn't seem to have a plan or style. Covid came and things went behind closed doors.

We spent a bit more money and got into a great position last season to kick on, started well and instead we imploded. Went on a 2 wins in 17 run, spiralled towards Fulham. During which he started saying all the wrong tthings. He called the fans hysterical. He has a history of attacking the fans of the clubs he manages. Played to the ex-pro audience and not the fanbase. He fell out with every local journalist apart from one. He banned one journalist for printing a true story simply because he didn't like that the story was printed.

This season crowd was fine at first. New season, ended last season OK, let's see what happens. Then it went down hill fast. He made it worse with comments like he wants to just keep us ticking along. That led to chants of "we're Newcastle and we are ticking along, we are ticking along, we are ticking alalong". We couldn't buy a win and that led to Brucie out chants. As we were struggling he infuriated people by going on holiday in a crisis. Then the takeover came and he continued being unprofessional in the media. Telling journos they need a slap for getting it wrong about him being sacked. A few days later he was sacked.

The defence looks a shambles individually and collectively this season. The players look unfit. However the attack has some form of threat. We are in need of organisation and probably new ideas. We have benched players we likely need to draw from and try with.

It's not going to be easy. A lot of damage to fitness and coaching has been done. It's likely going to be difficult for anyone who comes in to undo this during a season.

Takeover or not, people wanted Bruce out because we were descending into another dog shit experience of a season.

We don't ask for something more than the sum of our parts. More than our ability. We simply ask for what every other fanbase asks for. Professionalism, pride, ambition, hope, organisation, direction, vision, modernism and progression. These are the characteristics missing or fluctuating too much under Bruce. These are the characteristics missing at nearly every club who want their manager out. 

While I think he sucked and would have taken you down, didn't he have same games same wins as Rafa?

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

While I think he sucked and would have taken you down, didn't he have same games same wins as Rafa?

When you look at the last two seasons alongside Rafa's last 2 and don't count this season then yes. 

Rafa's team were newly promoted. Bruce inherited an established team and organised defence and then spent £120m+. Buying 5 players for more than £15m. He leaves a disorganised team with a piss poor defence.

The first half of Rafa's last season was results poor. It could and should have been a lot better. He turned it around and we ended that season strongly believing we were ready to kick on into the top half. Rafa was a symbol of progression and hope. I actually thought last year we got into a position where we could kick on but it collapsed terribly and we descended into chaos and crap for a long spell. We spiralled towards relegation when we were on the brink of a good year. At the end of the season we had what now looks like some sort of dead cat bounce when Joe Willock came off the bench to score winners and equalisers all over the place.

You simply must not have watched enough Newcastle to see how poor his side were, I remember last season when we were in the Championship and played hem in the League Cup. They were terrible, no direction, style of play, pressing, nothing. Easy to play through

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

You simply must not have watched enough Newcastle to see how poor his side were, I remember last season when we were in the Championship and played hem in the League Cup. They were terrible, no direction, style of play, pressing, nothing. Easy to play through

That game sparked enormous anger as I think it was a weakened team from you as well. Rafa had shit cup games as well, I remember going out the cup to Oxford United and people were fuming even though we were top of the Championship. We went out at home to Watford once as well but 3 days later we beat Manchester City. However with this one Bruce said after the game he understands supporter anger then a week later he called the fans hysterical and we descended into a run of 2 wins in the next 18 games.

• Administrator

Can't pay attention to odds all the time. Might just be the bookies slashing the odds to influence the market. 

Ranieri was 66/1 when he took over with us. 

Archived