talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christopher Nolan's "Oppenheimer"

football forum

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Obligatory "Next Nolan Movie topic". 

Cillian Murphy will star as J. Robert Oppenheimer. 

Yes yes yes yes. 

Cillian is a great choice as well. 

Read the biography on Oppenheimer and it was fantastic. Very interesting man, who felt tormented by his own creation. 

Can't wait.  

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yes yes yes yes. 

Cillian is a great choice as well. 

Read the biography on Oppenheimer and it was fantastic. Very interesting man, who felt tormented by his own creation. 

Can't wait.  

This, 100%!

Was the biography you read called American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer? If yes, what a great book...

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

This, 100%!

Was the biography you read called American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer? If yes, what a great book...

Indeed that is the one. Simply brilliant depiction of his life. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, nudge said:

By "the sound of a Nolan movie" do you mean dialogues blended in background noises and music to such a degree that you can't understand shit? :ph34r:

No idea why people couldn’t follow Tenet tbh, was a fairly simple premise.

Apprently you need to watch his films in a properly good cinema cos the sound isn’t made to translate to poor ones too

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

No idea why people couldn’t follow Tenet tbh, was a fairly simple premise.

Apprently you need to watch his films in a properly good cinema cos the sound isn’t made to translate to poor ones too

That just sounds pretentious af, to be honest... xD

The movie was not that hard to follow, but I kinda like hearing the dialogues, too xD Think it's not too much to ask, really.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

That just sounds pretentious af, to be honest... xD

The movie was not that hard to follow, but I kinda like hearing the dialogues, too xD Think it's not too much to ask, really.

I get the dialogue criticism to be fair, but in the grand scheme of things, he uses sound to build tension like no one else (at the level he’s operating anyway). The opening scene in Tenet is great, the scene in Interstellar where they have to reconnect the spaceship spinning around towards the end of the film when Matt Damon flies away is phenomenal

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Whats more important? hearing dialogue or building tension with background noises? hmmmmmm. It could be the latter, maybe his dialogue is actual dogshit and means nothing and the jokes on us the whole time. The punchline is we will never know because noone knows what dialogue took place. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I loved every Nolan movie until Tenet, which still had it's moments but went very overboard with a lot of things as well. Especially the sound. 

Thats exactly where im at. I absolutely loved everything about Dunkirk - total theatre experience and Inception is still up there as one of my favourites. The Dark Knight series was solid, Memento, Interstellar. Everything he seemingly touches has been pretty good. Just nothing in Tenet did it for me though. The story felt jumbled and kind of all over the place, the sound was just god awful. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I actually quite enjoyed Tenet, even if I found some of it a bit silly, and thought the sound mix was annoying. At least it dealt with a somewhat unique concept of "time travel" compared to the usual stuff you see in most sci-fi movies. I also loved Pattinson in it. 

Really looking forward to Oppenheimer, the story has so much potential. 

• Upvote 2

I do like his films in general but I so feel the praise they do get is vastly exaggerated, not that there is anything wrong with that, I’m just not his audience. I’ve seen Inception maybe four times, and every time I like it significantly less, still a good film but not IMDB’s 13th best film, and saying that nor is Dark Knight the 3rd best film ever. I much prefer The Prestige and Memento to his Hans Zimmer distorted bass flicks, where he forgoes all sense of subtlety and turned into Michael Bay with restraint and sophistication, AND NO THAT ISN’T A CRITICISM (I’m talking to you Thomas)..

I’d day he really only has one bad film, Batman 3 was an atrocity, a complete mess of a film.

Edited by Spike

• 4 months later...