Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool - Sunday 24th October, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS     155.png

Last 3 Meetings
13/05/2021 - Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool
24/01/2021 - Man Utd 3-2 Liverpool (FA Cup)
17/01/2021 - Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd

Recent Form
Man Utd - WLDWL
Liverpool - WWDWD

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtis Jones in contention, Thiago still out.

Our record there isn't great, even when we've been much better than them in recent years we've failed to win there. Last season's win, as good as it was given we had Phillips and Williams at CB, doesn't count for a great deal with it being behind closed doors. 

Would be nice to go there and give them a hiding but a narrow win or draw is more likely.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Our record there isn't great, even when we've been much better than them in recent years we've failed to win there. Last season's win, as good as it was given we had Phillips and Williams at CB, doesn't count for a great deal with it being behind closed doors. 

Would be nice to go there and give them a hiding but a narrow win or draw is more likely.

I think we’ll draw or lose just because Old Trafford has fans this time and the atmosphere will probably motivate their players to not be as shit as the last time we played them

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Its weird isnt it. We have finished above utd most seasons since fergie left but the time we won there was when they were much better than us. Like you said though no fans makes a difference 

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently carragher has left Ronaldo out of his combined man utd,liverpool 11. Is this fair or just carragher being a knobhead again 

A player who doesn't run much up front wouldn't start for a Klopp Liverpool side. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A player who doesn't run much up front wouldn't start for a Klopp Liverpool side. 

Ronaldo in his prime would start for any team runner or not. It's not necessarily the question anyway 

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ronaldo in his prime would start for any team runner or not. It's not necessarily the question anyway 

He's not in his prime though?

He's world class, I'm not doubting that - but I don't think he'd be a good fit with us. Carra's combined XI looks more of a reasonable side imo.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's not in his prime though?

He's world class, I'm not doubting that - but I don't think he'd be a good fit with us. Carra's combined XI looks more of a reasonable side imo.

I know hes not. My point was that if he was he would get into any side even if he didnt run. The thing is with Ronaldo he is so clinical it's hard to leave him out of any side in my opinion. Even at 36 years old. Its incredible really when you think about it 

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I know hes not. My point was that if he was he would get into any side even if he didnt run. The thing is with Ronaldo he is so clinical it's hard to leave him out of any side in my opinion. Even at 36 years old. Its incredible really when you think about it 

If its going by 'On paper", Ronaldo gets in. 

If it is how the team performs, Ronaldo does not get in. 

• Subscriber

Combined XIs cause too many arguments as they're largely totally skewed by the managers. I'd say given Liverpool's transfer policy they'd pick all XI of their players if they did one, and not even to be big headed either.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Combined XIs cause too many arguments as they're largely totally skewed by the managers. I'd say given Liverpool's transfer policy they'd pick all XI of their players if they did one, and not even to be big headed either.

I think so too. The players Liverpool would be most likely to want, Sancho and Greenwood play in positions they're already strong. 

If anything, and they had to pick ANYONE DVB might sneak into their midfield 3, which is ironic considering.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

At Old Trafford. And United always seem to get results when Ole needs them most. 

I feel they'll take a point.

I fear the rats are going to take all three. It’s set up for it to happen. Ole under pressure, us on a roll…nailed on we drop points here. 

Some decisions in the starting line up I’m not keen on. No Fabinho? Jota in for Mane isn’t something I would have done for this game either, when the front three are in form. 

Fabinho out of the squad completely. Very annoying. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wonder if Paul Scholes is looking forward to this nail-biting affair.

I just read about that.  He needs to see a doctor if its true o.O

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Klopp over thinking it?

On about using the squad in his interview. Fabinho you can’t avoid but there’s big questions on starting Jota over Mane for me. Think that’s the glaring one. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool - Sunday 24th October, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived