The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool - Sunday 24th October, 2021

football forum

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Gotta applaud Gary Neville for mentioning all the problems at United that the manager should be sorting out but stopping short of criticizing Solskjaer. 

Bizarre interview. He's obviously usually very eloquent but today he just kept saying he liked the team and the manager more in the last couple of years and didn't address what he's just seen. Obviously he didn't want to bash his mate but if United served that up under Moyes, Van Gaal or Mourinho it would have been both barrels and everyone watching knows it, because we've seen it on other occasions and that today was an all new low.

I know a few united fans that thought they was going to challenge this season. with the money they have spent they should be but this proves money alone isn't enough, Ole has to go now  ..Salah is in some form, could be the best player in the world right now

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I know a few united fans that thought they was going to challenge this season. with the money they have spent they should be but this proves money alone isn't enough, Ole has to go now  ..Salah is in some form, could be the best player in the world right now

How much are your lot going to buy Salah for? :ph34r:

Neville keeps mentioning Van Gaal and Mourinho as “world class managers” when that might be true on a career-whole level, but United got them in distinctly diminished forms.  

Have either went on to achieve anything major in their careers after United? Van Gaal is doing well with the Netherlands but intl management is a completely different thing. 

Even looking at their careers before they got hired: Van Gaal’s last club achievement before United was maybe his first season at Bayern, and then Klopp did them in. Mourinho’s last big achievement when he got hired was his 2015 league win, which came at a massive low point in the quality of the Premier League imo. He then nearly got them relegated the season after. 

Mourinho peaked about 10 years before he went to United, and Van Gaal’s peak was in the 90s. 

It’s just a nonsense from Neville. 

Gary Neville - “You don’t have to be a high pressing team to win the league. Chelsea won the Champions league without being a high pressing team”. 

Top pressing teams since Tuchel arrived. 

1. Man City

2. Bayern

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea 

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

How much are your lot going to buy Salah for? :ph34r:

They wouldn't sell to us :ph34r: ..it's better for the league if the top teams keep there best players, the more teams that can challenge for the title the better

That was horrific... 

Thought United might have put some effort in at least but no, they just assumed the position from the off and took 5 straight up the arse with no lube... 

Ronaldo should have been off for that kick as well.. What a big kid he is when things are not going his way... I do like seeing him having a meltdown I won't lie...  someone should have ruffled his hair up a bit that would have really upset him... The less said about Maguire the better

Hahahahah

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That was horrific... 

Thought United might have put some effort in at least but no, they just assumed the position from the off and took 5 straight up the arse with no lube... 

Ronaldo should have been off for that kick as well.. What a big kid he is when things are not going his way... I do like seeing him having a meltdown I won't lie...  someone should have ruffled his hair up a bit that would have really upset him... The less said about Maguire the better

Hahahahah

I like this one :D 

image.png.77a8e841c41d51cebe55772733bfc7

1 hour ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Pogba is utter fucking scum who deserves a season long ban from the game. The piece of shit looked proud of himself after.

I'm so glad Solskjaer's United career is seemingly ended with no dignity whatsoever. The pious, hypocritical prick.

But I do feel for United fans. This is humiliating.

You were doing so well until the last paragraphxD

What a fucking day. I was hoping for a humiliation for them in my own head today. I knew we were that much better than them but knew that it rarely ever works out like that. Incredible. Only complaint is that we didn't make it 10.

Fuck off you Manc twats

To be fair to Neville he doesn't tend to criticise managers much since he left Valencia. He tends to criticise players more. Same with roy keane. I think they are biased towards ole when utd do well but when teams are doing bad they don't tend to criticise the managers much I dont think so its not just ole.

Neville was embarrassing. He was contradicting himself like crazy, constantly saying that this had been coming for a long time but he really liked the way the team had progressed over the last couple of years. When Carragher, who was making sense, called him on it and asked what he meant, he got himself in flustered knots.

Van Gaal and Mourinho, as stated a few posts up, were diminished when they got to United and it would not be the same if they hired Pochettino or Conte.

It seems like Solskjaer and a fair few United ex pros have taken complete leave of what made them such winners during their careers and are too obsessed with some abstract about "values" (they went out of top level football a long time ago) rather than actually being successful. 

I mean, Abramovich takes a lot of shit but he realized there were major issues with Lampard, made the tough call, got in a world class manager and now Chelsea are CL winners and probable title favourites. United are so married to the concept that every manager must be the "next Ferguson" (who was completely unique) that they have forgotten what sustained success actually is.

We could have had 7 today. After Pogba went off Utd were even more there for the taking. That’s the only smidge of disappointment (I emphasise ‘smidge’) I have today. We should have properly embarrassed the fuckers. Let them off at 5 and that sounds ridiculous to say. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived