Southampton vs Burnley

Sunday 24th October, 2021
Brentford vs Leicester City, 14.00

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Other PL Round 9 Matches - 23-24th October, 2021
  • Subscriber

This really could go any way. We've gone from looking a bit shit to looking really good going forward but incredibly soft at the back. I can see it being a 3-3 or something daft.

It'll be interesting to see what changes Jones makes and what sort of response we get. It was well documented that some of the players didn't like or rate Bruce. However it's still the same coaching staff that presided over the current bad defending. Doubt it's going to change overnight.

2-2

• Subscriber

King goal stands. Poor defending and we've now conceded half of our goals this season from set pieces.

It's absolutely hilarious that we could have signed Josh King on for this season at no cost but decided not to after barely giving him a chance last season, and now we've got Rondon up front.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Is Rondon really that bad? 

Worse mate. It's like playing with ten men. He's a presence and he works hard but that's all I can say for him. He takes forever to get anywhere on the pitch and in four and a half games I genuinely can't remember one occasion where I've seen him have a ball under control.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Richarlison on for Gordon instead of Rondon. Crowd make their feelings about that known.

Rafa will keep a poorly performing striker playing as long as he takes up the positions in the box Rafa wants him to take. If Rondon’s doing that… even at a snails pace xD… he’ll probably stay on for as long as he physically can.

And I don’t think he’ll care if fans don’t like it.

But I’m sure he’s desperate for DCL to come back ASAP. He’s the sort of striker Rafa loves.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived