• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 9 Matches - 23-24th October, 2021

football forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This has been a shambolic mess and for the first time this season I think the manager has to take a sizeable chunk of the responsibility.

The lack of game management since going 2-1 up has been absolutely horrific and to be honest all of the back four should be embarrassed by this performance.

And Josh King, for fucks sake we should have kept him on even if just to stop him scoring for fun at Goodison every season. I absolutely guarantee he won't score 3 more goals all season.

• Subscriber

Imagine my shock that since we took Gray and Gordon off and left Rondon up front our only method of getting the ball into their third is to hump it aimlessly so that Rondon can win 0% of the aerial balls.

I don't want to pick on the one lad because it's not like he's a cunt or he isn't trying but honestly, how can a manager as experienced as Benitez think it's a viable approach to deliberately only have 9 outfield players who can actually move? Seems like a bare minimum for Premier League football that you should be able to run around the pitch. Ellis Simms and Lewis Dobbin simple cannot be more ineffective, I don't care how inexperienced they are.

Wolves. Got an early scrappy goal and then did nothing, absolutely nothing. I couldn't enjoy that every week.

They were scared stiff to play because of how we play, so stayed in their shell all game. Got exactly what they deserved at the end and lucky to have a point in truth.

Saiss should have had a red card on Raphinha but because our bench and manager didn't run onto the pitch it's not looked at is it.

IMG_20211023_185352.jpg

Fair play to young Gelhardt. Stepping up when this club needed something to go for us. He had the Wolves defenders scared stiff.

Absolutely fair play to the fans today, never got on the team's back, you should have heard it in the last 10 minutes, you'd have thought we were leading. The South Stand were sucking that ball into the net and the limbs when Rodrigo slotted away that 94th min penalty, the scenes were almost relief.

Hopefully this kicks us on a bit now. There are far worse in this league but you got to get the points in the bag. Crying out for Bamford to be back, no one replicates what he does for us when he isnt there.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I could be wrong but I don't think they're happy

Not wrong though are they? Football is a massive thing in Liverpool and for the match going fan of both clubs it's simply a larger part of their life than it is for other fanbases although I'm sure there'll be plenty who reckon "every club thinks that". Yeah they do but most of them are wrong.

There's match going fans there who have been watching that same home performance on a regular basis for the best part of a decade. Of course they're angry.

You laugh but some of the arguments you lot have over what the board have and haven't delivered for Liverpool over the last few years when you've won everything and had one of the best teams in the world are literally hilarious when you apply some perspective. Scousers are passionate about their football clubs and when they get turgid shite served up year after year through the incompetence of a board and a regime who promised the world when they took over almost a decade ago, they're not going to have any patience.

This was my biggest issue when I was initially complaining about Benitez getting appointed. The fanbase is a tinder box and that needs to be taken into account. A week ago before we played West Ham we'd performed above expectations overall and there was minimal negativity around the manager. Two home defeats and the pitchforks are out. It's ridiculous but that's what you get when you throw an unpopular managerial appointment on the embers of one of the most disillusioned fanbases in the country.

The club has been horrifically mismanaged since before I was born and that isn't an exaggeration. The reaction today was about more than this one match. It's absolute groundhog day being an Everton fan and that's coming from someone who doesn't plan their weekends around going to the game every week.

Just think every time you've said, heard or just thought, "Everton that" or "same old Everton" in your lifetime and replace the laughter with frustration and anger, and you'll have a pretty good understanding of the behaviour of those fans. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Not wrong though are they? Football is a massive thing in Liverpool and for the match going fan of both clubs it's simply a larger part of their life than it is for other fanbases although I'm sure there'll be plenty who reckon "every club thinks that". Yeah they do but most of them are wrong.

There's match going fans there who have been watching that same home performance on a regular basis for the best part of a decade. Of course they're angry.

You laugh but some of the arguments you lot have over what the board have and haven't delivered for Liverpool over the last few years when you've won everything and had one of the best teams in the world are literally hilarious when you apply some perspective. Scousers are passionate about their football clubs and when they get turgid shite served up year after year through the incompetence of a board and a regime who promised the world when they took over almost a decade ago, they're not going to have any patience.

This was my biggest issue when I was initially complaining about Benitez getting appointed. The fanbase is a tinder box and that needs to be taken into account. A week ago before we played West Ham we'd performed above expectations overall and there was minimal negativity around the manager. Two home defeats and the pitchforks are out. It's ridiculous but that's what you get when you throw an unpopular managerial appointment on the embers of one of the most disillusioned fanbases in the country.

The club has been horrifically mismanaged since before I was born and that isn't an exaggeration. The reaction today was about more than this one match. It's absolute groundhog day being an Everton fan and that's coming from someone who doesn't plan their weekends around going to the game every week.

Just think every time you've said, heard or just thought, "Everton that" or "same old Everton" in your lifetime and replace the laughter with frustration and anger, and you'll have a pretty good understanding of the behaviour of those fans. 🤷‍♂️

I'm fully aware that they have every right to be angry and the reasons for it. It's not going to stop me laughing at them though

• Administrator

Apparently this flag is being 'investigated' and Palace fans could be in trouble. 

But why, because its the truth? Can't upset the new rich bitches can we now? 

image.png

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Lucas Gelhardt looks a real talent. 

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived