Jump to content
talkfootball365

Other PL Round 9 Matches - 23-24th October, 2021


Recommended Posts

This has been a shambolic mess and for the first time this season I think the manager has to take a sizeable chunk of the responsibility.

The lack of game management since going 2-1 up has been absolutely horrific and to be honest all of the back four should be embarrassed by this performance.

And Josh King, for fucks sake we should have kept him on even if just to stop him scoring for fun at Goodison every season. I absolutely guarantee he won't score 3 more goals all season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine my shock that since we took Gray and Gordon off and left Rondon up front our only method of getting the ball into their third is to hump it aimlessly so that Rondon can win 0% of the aerial balls.

I don't want to pick on the one lad because it's not like he's a cunt or he isn't trying but honestly, how can a manager as experienced as Benitez think it's a viable approach to deliberately only have 9 outfield players who can actually move? Seems like a bare minimum for Premier League football that you should be able to run around the pitch. Ellis Simms and Lewis Dobbin simple cannot be more ineffective, I don't care how inexperienced they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the hell happened at Everton this afternoon??? Last time I glanced at the scores it was 2-2 and at full time it was 2-5 that must have been one serious collapse... going to have to catch the highlights later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wolves. Got an early scrappy goal and then did nothing, absolutely nothing. I couldn't enjoy that every week.

They were scared stiff to play because of how we play, so stayed in their shell all game. Got exactly what they deserved at the end and lucky to have a point in truth.

Saiss should have had a red card on Raphinha but because our bench and manager didn't run onto the pitch it's not looked at is it.

IMG_20211023_185352.jpg

Fair play to young Gelhardt. Stepping up when this club needed something to go for us. He had the Wolves defenders scared stiff.

Absolutely fair play to the fans today, never got on the team's back, you should have heard it in the last 10 minutes, you'd have thought we were leading. The South Stand were sucking that ball into the net and the limbs when Rodrigo slotted away that 94th min penalty, the scenes were almost relief.

Hopefully this kicks us on a bit now. There are far worse in this league but you got to get the points in the bag. Crying out for Bamford to be back, no one replicates what he does for us when he isnt there.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I could be wrong but I don't think they're happy

 

Not wrong though are they? Football is a massive thing in Liverpool and for the match going fan of both clubs it's simply a larger part of their life than it is for other fanbases although I'm sure there'll be plenty who reckon "every club thinks that". Yeah they do but most of them are wrong.

There's match going fans there who have been watching that same home performance on a regular basis for the best part of a decade. Of course they're angry.

You laugh but some of the arguments you lot have over what the board have and haven't delivered for Liverpool over the last few years when you've won everything and had one of the best teams in the world are literally hilarious when you apply some perspective. Scousers are passionate about their football clubs and when they get turgid shite served up year after year through the incompetence of a board and a regime who promised the world when they took over almost a decade ago, they're not going to have any patience.

This was my biggest issue when I was initially complaining about Benitez getting appointed. The fanbase is a tinder box and that needs to be taken into account. A week ago before we played West Ham we'd performed above expectations overall and there was minimal negativity around the manager. Two home defeats and the pitchforks are out. It's ridiculous but that's what you get when you throw an unpopular managerial appointment on the embers of one of the most disillusioned fanbases in the country.

The club has been horrifically mismanaged since before I was born and that isn't an exaggeration. The reaction today was about more than this one match. It's absolute groundhog day being an Everton fan and that's coming from someone who doesn't plan their weekends around going to the game every week.

Just think every time you've said, heard or just thought, "Everton that" or "same old Everton" in your lifetime and replace the laughter with frustration and anger, and you'll have a pretty good understanding of the behaviour of those fans. 🤷‍♂️

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Not wrong though are they? Football is a massive thing in Liverpool and for the match going fan of both clubs it's simply a larger part of their life than it is for other fanbases although I'm sure there'll be plenty who reckon "every club thinks that". Yeah they do but most of them are wrong.

There's match going fans there who have been watching that same home performance on a regular basis for the best part of a decade. Of course they're angry.

You laugh but some of the arguments you lot have over what the board have and haven't delivered for Liverpool over the last few years when you've won everything and had one of the best teams in the world are literally hilarious when you apply some perspective. Scousers are passionate about their football clubs and when they get turgid shite served up year after year through the incompetence of a board and a regime who promised the world when they took over almost a decade ago, they're not going to have any patience.

This was my biggest issue when I was initially complaining about Benitez getting appointed. The fanbase is a tinder box and that needs to be taken into account. A week ago before we played West Ham we'd performed above expectations overall and there was minimal negativity around the manager. Two home defeats and the pitchforks are out. It's ridiculous but that's what you get when you throw an unpopular managerial appointment on the embers of one of the most disillusioned fanbases in the country.

The club has been horrifically mismanaged since before I was born and that isn't an exaggeration. The reaction today was about more than this one match. It's absolute groundhog day being an Everton fan and that's coming from someone who doesn't plan their weekends around going to the game every week.

Just think every time you've said, heard or just thought, "Everton that" or "same old Everton" in your lifetime and replace the laughter with frustration and anger, and you'll have a pretty good understanding of the behaviour of those fans. 🤷‍♂️

I'm fully aware that they have every right to be angry and the reasons for it. It's not going to stop me laughing at them though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently this flag is being 'investigated' and Palace fans could be in trouble. 

But why, because its the truth? Can't upset the new rich bitches can we now? 

 

image.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Lucas Gelhardt looks a real talent. 

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

I look forward to signing him one day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently this flag is being 'investigated' and Palace fans could be in trouble. 

But why, because its the truth? Can't upset the new rich bitches can we now? 

 

image.png

 

What's PIF stand for? Rightly or wrongly, a depiction like that always has the chance of being depicted as racist as they've made the Arabicness of the owners a factor in the poster and you've got stuff like the sword which is a bit of a stereotype. I personally think it's effective overall but that bit is risky even if it is an accurate depiction of the new owner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same squad as against Man Utd. Happy with that and dare I say it'll be a tougher game than last week. 

I think we'll concede just because we're so weak at the back and Brentford seem to have their act together going forward. But I have faith in our attack being quite strong too. 

Should be a good game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a signing Saints have made with Livramento by the way. Cheap as chips and reaping the rewards immediately.

Completely gone under the radar and I think there are a few teams that could have done with a Right Back of his quality, but he's impressed everytime I've seen him.

There is no way he'll make it past two seasons there surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What a signing Saints have made with Livramento by the way. Cheap as chips and reaping the rewards immediately.

Completely gone under the radar and I think there are a few teams that could have done with a Right Back of his quality, but he's impressed everytime I've seen him.

There is no way he'll make it past two seasons there surely.

I think it's quite telling that Chelsea ensured there was a buy back clause. 

Broja looks like he's settling in and coming good too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

I've been looking forward to seeing him based on the reviews he was getting at Wigan. 

Leeds are reaping the rewards for very efficient recruitment at U23 level.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...