talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 9 Matches - 23-24th October, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

I look forward to signing him one day. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently this flag is being 'investigated' and Palace fans could be in trouble. 

But why, because its the truth? Can't upset the new rich bitches can we now? 

image.png

What's PIF stand for? Rightly or wrongly, a depiction like that always has the chance of being depicted as racist as they've made the Arabicness of the owners a factor in the poster and you've got stuff like the sword which is a bit of a stereotype. I personally think it's effective overall but that bit is risky even if it is an accurate depiction of the new owner.

• Administrator

Same squad as against Man Utd. Happy with that and dare I say it'll be a tougher game than last week. 

I think we'll concede just because we're so weak at the back and Brentford seem to have their act together going forward. But I have faith in our attack being quite strong too. 

Should be a good game. 

What a signing Saints have made with Livramento by the way. Cheap as chips and reaping the rewards immediately.

Completely gone under the radar and I think there are a few teams that could have done with a Right Back of his quality, but he's impressed everytime I've seen him.

There is no way he'll make it past two seasons there surely.

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What a signing Saints have made with Livramento by the way. Cheap as chips and reaping the rewards immediately.

Completely gone under the radar and I think there are a few teams that could have done with a Right Back of his quality, but he's impressed everytime I've seen him.

There is no way he'll make it past two seasons there surely.

I think it's quite telling that Chelsea ensured there was a buy back clause. 

Broja looks like he's settling in and coming good too.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

He is, he'll just get more publicity now.

He came on yesterday and really scared the Wolves defenders. It had vibes of Rooney coming on for Everton against Arsenal back in the day. 

Bielsa is doing the right thing. Got to use him off the bench for now but he's certainly good enough.

I've been looking forward to seeing him based on the reviews he was getting at Wigan. 

Leeds are reaping the rewards for very efficient recruitment at U23 level.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

What stream you watching on? Cannot get any to work for the life of me

Dodgy ones as well xD

It was hesgoal then went on to reddit soccer streams on Google (1st link) 

As I type, Maddison scores! 

Just now, Stan said:

Dodgy ones as well xD

It was hesgoal then went on to reddit soccer streams on Google (1st link) 

As I type, Maddison scores! 

I’ll stick to Twitter updates otherwise I’ll throw my laptop out the window 

• Administrator

We won but it was very difficult thanks to Brentford's high press. We struggled against it and it took a scorcher from Youri and a perfect counter attack to overcome it. 

Maddison had a decent game I thought, another to add to his recent form. 

Brentford will be totally fine this season. They show enough each game to be significantly better than a lot of other sides this season. They should have arguably won this game and last week's vs Chelsea. Plenty of quality and high energy on and off the ball which several teams won't be able to cope with. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tielemans' goal in all its glory. Thunderbolt.

The moment I saw he had scored I couldn’t even be angry, no disrespect to yourselves but he’s able to play for Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Atletico, Barce etc. Knee it was gunna be a moment of quality.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

The moment I saw he had scored I couldn’t even be angry, no disrespect to yourselves but he’s able to play for Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Atletico, Barce etc. Knee it was gunna be a moment of quality.

I agree. He's more than good enough for this clubs. When (not if) he moves, I hope it's abroad. Couldn't bear him playing against us :( 

• Subscriber

That's a really good win I think. They're a very tough side at the minute and we've gone and beat them on the back of a long journey midweek.

Think Brentford will probably be a bit aggrieved to lose it but Frank's comments are slightly over the top. It was far from the massacring last week was for them.

Tielemans is just sensational. He's absolutely top drawer. I'm resigned to him going this summer, I just hope we can get him on a new contract with a decent release clause so we can get a bit more money for him - I'm worried we won't get a lot more than we paid for him at the minute which is ridiculous.

Well upon watching the match back we really should have been out of sight.

There are two things of real concern now we need to address:

- I've lost count of the amount of goals we've conceaded from the second phase of set plays.

- We have only scored one goal in the first half of football matches all season.

The big talking point after the game was the referee performance of Darren England. He was pretty poor as he allowed Newcastle to time waste from about the tenth minute but he did get the key decision right with the penalty. Had it not been for this murky discretion nonsense they've introduced it wouldn't even be a talking point.

That said Graemme Jones was talking out his arse when he said they'd deserve a point. I've never seen a team put eight men behind the ball against Crystal Palace. They scored a fantastic goal that wasn't really a chance.

We will lose to Man City next week so the long unbeaten run will be portrayed afterwards as a long winless run. The football we are playing is fantastic to watch but we need to find ways to win football matches.

How on earth did VAR not give a penalty for Schmeichel punching Jansson in the face???

You go to kick the ball, miss it and hit the player it’s a foul.

You go to punch the ball, miss it and hit the player it’s a foul.

Will never understand the protection keepers get

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

How on earth did VAR not give a penalty for Schmeichel punching Jansson in the face???

You go to kick the ball, miss it and hit the player it’s a foul.

You go to punch the ball, miss it and hit the player it’s a foul.

Will never understand the protection keepers get

I agree and wondered at the time why it wasn't given.

We had an incident before where Ederson clattered into Iheanacho (worse than what Kasper did) and that wasn't given. 

0_Kelechi-Iheanacho.jpg

It is the definition of endangering an opponent and needs to be penalised. Literally punched in the face.

Ederson in general is one of the worst for not giving a shit about other players with how he comes racing out so carelessly. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived