talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cardiff Sack Mick McCarthy

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank fuck for that. After 8 straight defeats (of which we only scored 1 goal and conceded 19) and 10 defeats in 11 (including the EFL loss to Brighton), there was no other option really and highlights the narrow mindness of our board. 

Also, our football may not be pretty at all, but that was some of the worst I've seen for a while. 

Problem now is who is the next yes man willing to take over (as it sure isn't going to be someone currently in a job or with ambition). 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Thank fuck for that. After 8 straight defeats (of which we only scored 1 goal and conceded 19) and 10 defeats in 11 (including the EFL loss to Brighton), there was no other option really and highlights the narrow mindness of our board. 

Also, our football may not be pretty at all, but that was some of the worst I've seen for a while. 

Problem now is who is the next yes man willing to take over (as it sure isn't going to be someone currently in a job or with ambition). 

Raffa, he wont last long now in toffee land after getting thrashed by Watford today, you will love him. xD

Problem for Cardiff is they are kind of ingrained and built to be a physical side that play direct. Not pleasant to watch but usually hard to beat.

Warnock, Harris and McCarthy complimented this to a tee but I honestly feel they need a change of direction. It's gone really stale there, lost the crowds they had and you feel a change of direction is needed.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Problem for Cardiff is they are kind of ingrained and built to be a physical side that play direct. Not pleasant to watch but usually hard to beat.

Warnock, Harris and McCarthy complimented this to a tee but I honestly feel they need a change of direction. It's gone really stale there, lost the crowds they had and you feel a change of direction is needed.

More or less this really, though to Harris's credit, he did attempt to change it a little. Problem was we didn't have the players to do so. 

Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse. We've been told that due to the pandemic, the Sala case and a couple of other issues, there's no money to spend in January, while we have 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, a bunch of kids being used as part of the squad (not a bad thing, but they're being thrown straight into the deep end) and a general lack of actual quality overall (you can start to see Moore being continously frustrated on the pitch). 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

More or less this really, though to Harris's credit, he did attempt to change it a little. Problem was we didn't have the players to do so. 

Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse. We've been told that due to the pandemic, the Sala case and a couple of other issues, there's no money to spend in January, while we have 10 players out of contract at the end of the season, a bunch of kids being used as part of the squad (not a bad thing, but they're being thrown straight into the deep end) and a general lack of actual quality overall (you can start to see Moore being continously frustrated on the pitch). 

To be fair, Forest looked absolutely hopeless and we've seen what Cooper's done there so far. There are players that for some reason, new man comes in and it strikes a light in them to perform better because the new man has no loyalty to them.

So the situation may not be as bleak as you think. I guess the fans would take Chris Wilder, although I see Bellamy mentioned which would be bold given he's an unknown quantity.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Inverted said:

Ole might be free soon.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nah. We've had enough shite thanks. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Steve Bruce it is then. 

Brucie & Ole together then, the Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy of the EPL. xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qu0heknc0oqcqrc9dg

Archived