• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolfsburg appoint Florian Kohfeldt as Van Bommel's Successor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Michael Frontzeck appointed caretaker for the time being.xD Wolfsburg and Schmadtke succeeded in baffling me.

Frontzeck was one of van Bommel's assistants, too xD

I'm hearing Kohfeldt is in the running for the job...

• The title was changed to Wolfsburg appoint Florian Kohfeldt as Van Bommel's Successor
  • Subscriber

And here it is, official now!

Wish him all the best, even if it's Wolfsburg. There's enough quality in that squad to make Kohfeldt's philosophy work, and I hope he becomes a successful Bundesliga coach. 

22 hours ago, nudge said:

And here it is, official now!

Wish him all the best, even if it's Wolfsburg. There's enough quality in that squad to make Kohfeldt's philosophy work, and I hope he becomes a successful Bundesliga coach. 

I'm really torn on this one.  I'm not at all interested in Wolfsburg but I think very highly of Kohfeldt.  I guess I'll be rooting for him to do well, but not so well that Wolfsburg win the league or anything.  Although, at this point I'd probably accept anyone else winning the league as long as it's not Bayern.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'm really torn on this one.  I'm not at all interested in Wolfsburg but I think very highly of Kohfeldt.  I guess I'll be rooting for him to do well, but not so well that Wolfsburg win the league or anything.  Although, at this point I'd probably accept anyone else winning the league as long as it's not Bayern.

I just want Kohfeldt to do well, even if I can't stand Wolfsburg as a club... Especially now that we're not in the first division anymore and won't be soon again.

From the Athletic today:

Florian Kohfeldt’s reign at Wolfsburg got off to good start on Saturday. His side won 2-0 at Bayer Leverkusen after four defeats in a row that had seen club bosses pull the plug on Mark van Bommel.

Kohfeldt followed the Thomas Tuchel protocol for giving a confused, under-coached side a bit of stability: he changed the system to three at the back. The result was stasis rather than good football in the first half, but after the break a couple of smart substitutions made the difference. Dodi Lukebakio and Paulo Otavio broke through on Leverkusen’s right side to set up goals for Lukas Nmecha and Maximilian Arnold. Now it is Bayer in crisis mode. They haven’t won a game in any competition since getting beaten 5-1 by Bayern two weeks ago — a run of five games without a victory.

• Subscriber

Dont know if its ever come up before but how do we all feel in general about posting full articles behind paywalls? Just asking for the future - personally I do pay for an athletic subscription as its basically the best coverage we can get here and provides good value imo. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Dont know if its ever come up before but how do we all feel in general about posting full articles behind paywalls? Just asking for the future - personally I do pay for an athletic subscription as its basically the best coverage we can get here and provides good value imo. 

Yeah, I think it has potential of getting us into trouble. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I also pay for a sub but I didn't consider the ramifications.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Coma said:

I also pay for a sub but I didn't consider the ramifications.

Well yeah, posting the entire article, especially if it's behind paywall, is most certainly a copyright infringement... 

• Subscriber

So the canucks sub reddit (nhl) used to have a couple athletic reporters covering the canucks over the years comment on the matter. Basically they said a paragraph here or there is fine to share but not the whole article naturally. All I can really offer. 

If anyone is interested I have half a dozen guest passes or so I can hand out, I think it gives you a week free trial. They offer pretty good deals eventually for a year sub like this year I think I renewed for under 30$ cad. 

31 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So the canucks sub reddit (nhl) used to have a couple athletic reporters covering the canucks over the years comment on the matter. Basically they said a paragraph here or there is fine to share but not the whole article naturally. All I can really offer. 

If anyone is interested I have half a dozen guest passes or so I can hand out, I think it gives you a week free trial. They offer pretty good deals eventually for a year sub like this year I think I renewed for under 30$ cad. 

I actually signed up to the Athletic for the Leeds United coverage a couple years ago before they were promoted to the EPL.  To be honest I don't think the Bundesliga coverage is all that great.  Honigstein spits out an article once or twice a week and the content can be good but it's not frequent enough for me to continue paying $60 a year.  They used to have a weekly podcast with Rapha, Christophe Bierman and Kevin Hatchard but that was dropped this year.  I'm not sure that I'll be renewing.

• Administrator

I've edited the post just incase we do get contacted by The Athletic. On another forum I'm on, TA's legal team contacted them and said we must stop publishing articles (in full) otherwise they'll take further legal action. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

I actually signed up to the Athletic for the Leeds United coverage a couple years ago before they were promoted to the EPL.  To be honest I don't think the Bundesliga coverage is all that great.  Honigstein spits out an article once or twice a week and the content can be good but it's not frequent enough for me to continue paying $70 a year.  They used to have a weekly podcast with Rapha, Christophe Bierman and Kevin Hatchard but that was dropped this year.  I'm not sure that I'll be renewing.

Yeah honestly the Canucks coverage is why I signed up years ago. My favourite beat writer at the time joined them about 3 or 4 years ago and started up the local coverage, its by far the best I can consume here. The bundesliga coverage is just gravy for me and I tend to agree its ok. Ive always liked Honigstein but there isnt much to choose from for coverage in english over this way anyways. I was sad to see they didnt bring back the steilcast as well :( 

One tip if you dont renew they usually give you pretty good offers dont ever pay full price.. you should be able to get at least 50-60% off. They also give alot of codes near christmas for discounts as well. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've edited the post just incase we do get contacted by The Athletic. On another forum I'm on, TA's legal team contacted them and said we must stop publishing articles (in full) otherwise they'll take further legal action. 

I've managed to get us into a legal hot water.  Threaten to ban me @Stan. I like playing the bad boy.

Archived