talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Next Bond?

football forum

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I wasnt really sold on Cavill as I associate him with Witcher, completely forgot he was in that remake of uncle, that seems like a really good fit too.

I love that movie xD was hoping for a sequel too, but that sadly never happened.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Machado said:

Michael Fassbender anyone?

Probably too old but he would have been great, I'm sure.

Think Fassbender would make a great villain. Although when I think about it maybe he'd be a good Bond too.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Machado said:

Michael Fassbender anyone?

Probably too old but he would have been great, I'm sure.

Fassbender would be great, but he's a racing driver with Porsche now and working towards racing in Le Mans, so I think it would be a bit complicated, especially given the James Bond and Aston Martin symbiosis.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Fassbender would be great, but he's a racing driver with Porsche now and working towards racing in Le Mans, so I think it would be a bit complicated, especially given the James Bond and Aston Martin symbiosis.

At first I thought, who gives a fuck what brand of car he drives IRL, it's a fucking movie and he's a fucking actor. 

But then I recall that Craig got blasted for wearing a life jacket on a boat. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

At first I thought, who gives a fuck what brand of car he drives IRL, it's a fucking movie and he's a fucking actor. 

But then I recall that Craig got blasted for wearing a life jacket on a boat. 

Yeah, sponsorships and product placement. Aston Martin pay millions of pounds to be associated with the franchise, I don't think they'd be very happy if James Bond raced for a rival in his free time, especially considering that the two are competitors in numerous racing series.

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't see Tom Hardy cleaned up and charming to represent Bond's persona. Idris Elba could provide a great change to the franchise and something everybody could get on board with.

I love Elba, my only concern is his age, when usually we're looking for someone to hold down the role for 4+ movies over 12+ years. He's a couple years younger than Craig but that's not much considering he's not shot his first movie yet.

Whoever they choose it's important that they reset on the Craig era and don't try to mimic it too much

49 minutes ago, Stan said:

why?

Plot recycle.

New antagonist emerges. 

Bond faces new antagonist. 

Bond realises new antagonist is eviler and cleverer than those he's taken down before. 

Beautiful female protagonist emerges. 

Bond and beautiful female protagonist snog/bang. 

Bond and female protagonist take down new antagonist. 

Film End. 

On 26/10/2021 at 17:40, Cicero said:

Plot recycle.

New antagonist emerges. 

Bond faces new antagonist. 

Bond realises new antagonist is eviler and cleverer than those he's taken down before. 

Beautiful female protagonist emerges. 

Bond and beautiful female protagonist snog/bang. 

Bond and female protagonist take down new antagonist. 

Film End. 

Isn't that literally every Bond film ever?

Could still be a good film though, and I'd watch it with Idris Elba. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Stan said:

A while back all the gammons got their back up because a black actor may play Bond.

Yeah even though bond has been Scottish and english, and he has gone from being older to younger he cant be black 🤦‍♂️ That's why I think it would be good because it would be funny to see the breakdown and excuses they come out with @Whiskey

Archived