talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Next Bond?

football forum

Idris Elba looks too old though has the right personality.

As Bond was a cold war invention having a black lead seems kind of wrong to me.

There have been black action series before like Shaft and the Equaliser with Denzil Washington not sure why Bond should become Black, Asian or even a woman.

Just seems like appeasement to political correctness instead of sticking to the brand. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Waylander said:

There have been black action series before like Shaft and the Equaliser with Denzil Washington not sure why Bond should become Black, Asian or even a woman.

Just seems like appeasement to political correctness instead of sticking to the brand. 

That is absolute bollocks. We're not in cold war times. Bond can be black. And elba is younger than Daniel craig 😂

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Waylander said:

If Elba becomes Bond, he'll do it younger than when Roger Moore first made an appearance as Bond (50y/o)...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Elba becomes Bond, he'll do it younger than when Roger Moore first made an appearance as Bond (50y/o)...

To be honest it was a ridiculous post. Posts like that dont even deserve a response. 

26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The name's Ramsay, Gordon Ramsay

Can't see that Miss Moneypenny would never approve, too many 4 letter rants.

However, that might work for a spoof as Q's gadgets fail to work and Ramsay's Bond is stuck in the proverbial and allowed full vent for his 4 letter rants.........

Idris Elbas ship has sailed. What's the point of punting a 53 year old for a 50 year old. 
Fassbender is right on the cusp. 44. Could probably do 2-3 films, but not really set up a legacy. Same for Hardy. 
Purefoy, who was my shout before Craig stepped in is also way too old now. 

I like the shout of Richard Madden. Daniel Craig wasn't an enormous star when he got the role, Madden fits perfectly. Right face, right time. Right age, and right acting chops. 
Unlike several other actors from GoT, Hardy was under rated. Not over rated (Dinklage, Gwendoline Christy ect) Or dogshit (Emilia Clarke or the twat who played Jon Snow) 

Here's one from left field. Ed Skrein 

• Subscriber
On 01/02/2022 at 08:53, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Idris Elbas ship has sailed. What's the point of punting a 53 year old for a 50 year old. 
Fassbender is right on the cusp. 44. Could probably do 2-3 films, but not really set up a legacy. Same for Hardy. 
Purefoy, who was my shout before Craig stepped in is also way too old now. 

I like the shout of Richard Madden. Daniel Craig wasn't an enormous star when he got the role, Madden fits perfectly. Right face, right time. Right age, and right acting chops. 
Unlike several other actors from GoT, Hardy was under rated. Not over rated (Dinklage, Gwendoline Christy ect) Or dogshit (Emilia Clarke or the twat who played Jon Snow) 

Here's one from left field. Ed Skrein 

Madden is not a bad shout. Don’t agree about the ship sailing for the others though. At least at that age it’s harder to be type cast and can add to their already existing legacies by being Bond. Hardy would be amazing, but I can’t see it now. 

I do think they’ll try and force a Black Bond to try and appease todays cancel culture snowflake society, ive nothing against that if it’s for the right reasons….

Rege-Jean Page is more likely than Elba. 

Henry Cavill is another possibility. 

Archived