Burnley vs Tottenham
Leicester vs Brighton
Preston vs Liverpool (live on Sky)
Stoke vs Brentford
West Ham vs Man City

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHO back at RWB after two impressive performances at LW. Barkely and Ziyech behind Havertz when it has become annoyingly and blatantly obvious our system is shite when there are two midfielders behind the striker. 

Long night. 

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

How Dan James ever ended up at Man United I don’t know. Giggs’ seal of approval not worth much 

He get's into some great positions but his football brain is poor. He's not picked out the right man. Poor touch as well in front of goal, lack of composure possibly.

We'll see what Bielsa can do with him over time though. There is a player in there I think.

Cody Drameh has done well, grew as the game has gone on. We got some good players in the academy.

Fairly even game but Arsenal have the bench to win it, not sure all our 19/20 year olds do.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He get's into some great positions but his football brain is poor. He's not picked out the right man. Poor touch as well in front of goal, lack of composure possibly.

We'll see what Bielsa can do with him over time though. There is a player in there I think.

Cody Drameh has done well, grew as the game has gone on. We got some good players in the academy.

Fairly even game but Arsenal have the bench to win it, not sure all our 19/20 year olds do.

Didn't Drameh play for Fulham? 

Summerville's running against Wolves reminded me of how Messi runs. That's where the comparisons end mind you but there's definitely a talent for Bielsa to mould.

29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don’t think he’s terrible, though his end product was in the first half. What you have is a speedster that needs to learn how to play a final ball through, with his pace that should just be enough.

Feel like he works for Wales cos they’re happy to sit and counter, you and Man Utd not so much

58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Didn't Drameh play for Fulham? 

Summerville's running against Wolves reminded me of how Messi runs. That's where the comparisons end mind you but there's definitely a talent for Bielsa to mould.

We took him off them when we got promoted.

He's developing into a really promising player, debut tonight and I'd definitely not worry playing him again.

We've a few now including Summerville, the under 23's romped their league last season but it's a different kettle of fish stepping up now. Exactly why Leeds fans need to stop screaming for Gelhardt at every opportunity. Don't put pressure on the boy.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

CHO back at RWB after two impressive performances at LW. Barkely and Ziyech behind Havertz when it has become annoyingly and blatantly obvious our system is shite when there are two midfielders behind the striker. 

Long night. 

Getting rather tedious now the amount of times i'm right. Tuchel is a brilliant manager but at times he makes some truly head scratching decisions. Just how many more games does he need to realise two midfielders behind the striker doesn't work in this system?

This match and the Villa game show that we have enough depth to replace two or three players and still perform at our top level but when the entire team is rotated we implode. 

2 penalty shootouts for chelsea tonight. Had one in the papa John's trophy as well. Lost that one. Think the league cup will be more important though 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Getting rather tedious now the amount of times i'm right. Tuchel is a brilliant manager but at times he makes some truly head scratching decisions. Just how many more games does he need to realise two midfielders behind the striker doesn't work in this system?

This match and the Villa game show that we have enough depth to replace two or three players and still perform at our top level but when the entire team is rotated we implode. 

I dont know enough about Chelsea's to comment on that. However sometimes systems take a bit of time to work so mangers use them in less important games because they feel they will be effective when  the players get it. How many times have you used that system?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived