talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

11am Sunday Kick Offs In 2019 For The Benefit Of Asian Viewers

On 6/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Why doesn't everyone in the world just use GMT?

Do Australians really need to be awake and working during daylight hours?

:ph34r:

Haha.

I'm fine with this. More morning kick offs please. Then I'd probably be bothered to watch the mess of the EPL.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't know enough about American and Australian sports, but how old are a lot of these grounds? Everton and Liverpool for example have both had their current grounds for over 100 years each.

MCG is like 120 years old mate. Not all are that age of course.

Melbourne has a few other AFL stadiums though.

20 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Now you fuckers will know what's it like to have your timetable fucked up because you had to stay up late or wake up early to catch a footie match.xD

@topic

On a serious note, this is not the end of it. As @SirBalon rightly pointed out, the next step is holding a high profile match in Asia or America. Can you imagine the mood in London if they hold the Arsenal Spurs match in Beijing, or the mood in Manchester if they hold the Manchester derby in Malaysia? 

But this is what happens, when the people running the sport are only interested in making money.

When this happens, which it will one day, I hope we're no where near The Premier League. Selhurst Park is a shithole, but it's my shithole. My Grandad took my dad there. My dad took me there. Both at six years old. I want to do the same with my children. My first ever game was Beckham scoring at the half way line against Wimbledon. That memory means more than thirty million pound signings.

1 hour ago, Anton said:

MCG is like 120 years old mate. Not all are that age of course.

Melbourne has a few other AFL stadiums though.

Really its just the MCG and Etihad stadium. That's shared between 8 teams and some will play their home games interchangeably asst both grounds. 

20 years ago there was individual stadiums for most clubs but now those are just the training facilities....

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

When this happens, which it will one day, I hope we're no where near The Premier League. Selhurst Park is a shithole, but it's my shithole. My Grandad took my dad there. My dad took me there. Both at six years old. I want to do the same with my children. My first ever game was Beckham scoring at the half way line against Wimbledon. That memory means more than thirty million pound signings.

I don't mean to be prick, when I say it, but that is bound to happen, and you or for that matter most of the Palace or other footie fans will continue to support their clubs and definitely wouldn't want your sides to not be part of an elite league, which Premier League clearly is.

I totally agree with your sentiments. I wouldn't like my cricket team to play their homes games in USA, Dubai, etc. And I also don't like the idea of Liverpool playing its home games in other countries, instead of Anfield. In fact I don't even like the idea of the club ditching an iconic stadium like Anfield and moving to a newer, bigger stadium named after Emirates, WallMart, Allianz with no soul in it. But that is all that a fan can do nowadays. Not 'like things'.  Beyond that, the fans barely have any voice in the way things are conducted. And they continue to support. 

17 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I don't mean to be prick, when I say it, but that is bound to happen, and you or for that matter most of the Palace or other footie fans will continue to support their clubs and definitely wouldn't want your sides to not be part of an elite league, which Premier League clearly is.

I totally agree with your sentiments. I wouldn't like my cricket team to play their homes games in USA, Dubai, etc. And I also don't like the idea of Liverpool playing its home games in other countries, instead of Anfield. In fact I don't even like the idea of the club ditching an iconic stadium like Anfield and moving to a newer, bigger stadium named after Emirates, WallMart, Allianz with no soul in it. But that is all that a fan can do nowadays. Not 'like things'.  Beyond that, the fans barely have any voice in the way things are conducted. And they continue to support. 

You don't come across as a prick because that's what would happen.

The elite thing is wrong though. For fans of Palace, Stoke, Leicester etc of my age group it's different to Newcastle or Everton because we grew up supporting a team which was predominantly outside the top flight. I've seen us beat admistration twice and extinction and I felt a lot more associated to those players than I do to our current squad which have beaten everybody and had a moment at Wembley. I'd rather enjoy the Saturday out even if it means playing shit like Barnsley again than it becoming a six AM chore. If it happened I'd take my children to AFC Wimbledon instead.

• Subscriber

Call me old fashioned but if I want to hypothetically watch a league such as, say, the Chinese Super League then I'd expect to watch it to fit in with their times. It's their league after all.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

There's definitely truth in what you say and that's reality. I do wonder though, what point becomes too much? Playing Premier League games abroad really is past the line to the extent I'll probably start going to more non-league and continental games if I'm honest. I can't get behind that. There's a lot in the game I'd rather didn't happen (excessive sponsors, shit kick-off times, absurd ticket prices etc...) but I can begrudgingly accept them. Taking the games away from home to me would signal the end of football as I know it and I don't think I'm alone in that.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

You don't come across as a prick because that's what would happen.

The elite thing is wrong though. For fans of Palace, Stoke, Leicester etc of my age group it's different to Newcastle or Everton because we grew up supporting a team which was predominantly outside the top flight. I've seen us beat admistration twice and extinction and I felt a lot more associated to those players than I do to our current squad which have beaten everybody and had a moment at Wembley. I'd rather enjoy the Saturday out even if it means playing shit like Barnsley again than it becoming a six AM chore. If it happened I'd take my children to AFC Wimbledon instead.

At least you've got a local alternative. Leicestershire is absolutely dog turd beyond Leicester. I think the next highest side in the county is Barwell in the 7th tier. That's probably where I'd end up mind.

It would be a bit depressing either way though because ultimately the aim is to get to the top. If that's the top then what the hell is the point.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Not being funny but pretty sure we've already had 11am kick offs on a Sunday before once or twice.

Any games spring to mind?

I remember the Tyne-Wear Derby being early the season before last but I'm not sure if it was 11am or midday. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Toony said:

Any games spring to mind?

I remember the Tyne-Wear Derby being early the season before last but I'm not sure if it was 11am or midday. 

Not specifically though pretty sure we played City at 11am a few years ago. 

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Call me old fashioned but if I want to hypothetically watch a league such as, say, the Chinese Super League then I'd expect to watch it to fit in with their times. It's their league after all.

yep tough titty i think, serves them right for glory hunting rather than supporting their own.

It's Karma, and goes with the territory, born & bred  in Australian, & support Liverpool? you deserve to be up in the middle of the night and sleep all day because no cunt wants to see you anyway, you're a fucking Liverpool fan and you were born thousands of miles away in Australia it's highly likely that you're a cunt.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

yep tough titty i think, serves them right for glory hunting rather than supporting their own.

It's Karma, and goes with the territory, born & bred  in Australian, & support Liverpool? you deserve to be up in the middle of the night and sleep all day because no cunt wants to see you anyway, you're a fucking Liverpool fan and you were born thousands of miles away in Australia it's highly likely that you're a cunt.

I'm struggling to disagree. By all means support who you want but I'd never be expecting things to change to suit me. Even in World Cups it's tough shit if the kick off times are rubbish.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm struggling to disagree. By all means support who you want but I'd never be expecting things to change to suit me. Even in World Cups it's tough shit if the kick off times are rubbish.

Yeah I'm teasing about Aussies supporting Liverpool being cunts, you're a cunt period if you support Liverpool it doesn't matter where you're from. 😂

Archived