Karlsruhe vs Paderborn
Hansa Rostock vs Fortuna Düsseldorf
Ingolstadt vs Jahn Regensburg

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.19.52 AM.png

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Coma said:

It's so obvious that if they lose to St. Pauli they'll be relegated to the 3. Liga.  I'm not sure how you aren't seeing it.

To be fair, being cemented in 2.Liga mid-table positions for a while can't be Werder's demand. That club has a rich and successful history so they should aim for a promotion fight, at least.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, being cemented in 2.Liga mid-table positions for a while can't be what Werder's demand. That club has a rich and successful history so they should aim for a promotion fight, at least.

In all seriousness I agree.  After their relatively successful start they have come crashing back down.  The last thing a club like Bremen need is to become another HSV... trapped in the 2. Liga for years on end.

This will also be a test for St. Pauli to see if they're really worth the hype.

• Subscriber

We're playing St. Pauli, Nürnberg and Schalke next - 3 of the current top 4 clubs in the league, while we're just 6 points away from relegation spots...in 2. Liga.

It's indeed quite obvious that we're in deep shit and need to start winning again.

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

We're playing St. Pauli, Nürnberg and Schalke next - 3 of the current top 4 clubs in the league, while we're just 6 points away from relegation spots...in 2. Liga.

It's indeed quite obvious that we're in deep shit and need to start winning again.

But equally you're only 7 points from the promotion playoff spot.  Jesting aside, certainly we can all agree that it's still too early to worry about relegation.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Coma said:

But equally you're only 7 points from the promotion playoff spot.  Jesting aside, certainly we can all agree that it's still too early to worry about relegation.

Too early to worry about relegation, yes. Too early to worry about little to none improvements on the pitch and the possibility of the team breaking down mentally again after a bad run, not at all.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, being cemented in 2.Liga mid-table positions for a while can't be Werder's demand. That club has a rich and successful history so they should aim for a promotion fight, at least.

Of course. Calling it 'serious trouble' would be a stretch, especially this early in the season. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Of course. Calling it 'serious trouble' would be a stretch, especially this early in the season. 

But never did I mean this match's impact on the season, just on this particular day where they are up against the hottest team in the league while they on struggling as of late. 

@nudge and @Coma - let it be known my original post said nothing about relegation or promotion. Just Bremen's upcoming match against the hottest team in the league, which could mean an ugly scoreline this weekend...

I assumed that was obvious from my second part where I mention that knowing this league, Bremen could just as likely destroy St. pauli. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge and @Coma - let it be known my original post said nothing about relegation or promotion. Just Bremen's upcoming match against the hottest team in the league, which could mean an ugly scoreline this weekend...

I assumed that was obvious from my second part where I mention that knowing this league, Bremen could just as likely destroy St. pauli. 

Can confirm I understood.

xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived