Last 3 Meetings
19/05/2021 - Everton 1-0 Wolves
12/01/2021 - Wolves 1-2 Everton
12/07/2020 - Wolves 3-0 Everton

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Win this and we're joint 5th three points off the top four. Lose and our fanbase is in maximum meltdown already. Funny old game. Funny old club. Not the good kind of funny though.

Absolutely dreading this game to be honest. If someone dressed up as an Everton teamsheet with Rondon on it then they should win every Halloween costume contest going because the thought of seeing another one of those is as fucking terrifying as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

I think Mina is out along with Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin so basically our best three outfield players down the middle of the pitch. You can't put together a functional center back pairing between Keane, Holgate and post-Covid Godfrey, Digne is in horrific form but we have no other senior left backs at the club, I don't know which midfielders out of a returning Delph, a returning Gomes, the unknown quantity of Gbamin or the theoretically decent but always somehow self-destructive Tom Davies I'd want to see next to Allan, and I just pray to the heavens that Richarlison being available to start spells the end of this harrowing run of starts Rondon has had up front.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Two GKs on the bench for a PL game is impressive.

This has genuinely been the normal for us this season and a lot of last season as well.

Modest injury list tonight: Mina, Digne, Doucoure, Gomes, Calvert-Lewin... that bench is actually hilarious overall to be fair.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think a few teams have done that since they were allowed 9 subs. 9 subs is pointless when you're currently only allowed to use 3

Yeah seen it happen for Cup or European games. Haven't noticed it in PL games (not that I've looked at all the sub benches each game xD

15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Wolves playing goal music when they score. 

Tell me you're a tiny club without saying you're a tiny club.

Something oddly American about that.

I encounter plenty of Wolves fans. On their behalf:

To be fair to Wolves they do have 3  league titles. 1 more than Spurs. All 5 were within the same post-war era. Ok, Spurs have always been not far off the top, without actually winning much of anything. While Wolves very nearly disappeared into the abyss.

• Subscriber

Just fold the club. We've all had enough now.

6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Thanks for the memor-

Just fuck off Rafa.

Least of our problems. These last three games are as much on him as anyone though and it already has a 'beginning of the end' feeling to it.

If you could sack the entire squad instead of the manager though I'd do it in a heartbeat. Since minute one here, to a man they've looked actively unhappy to be wearing the shirt.

• Subscriber

I actually hate all of them.

If the entire board, manager, coaching staff and first team squad resigned tonight and left the under 23s to see out the season and get relegated, it would be worth it to get rid of the shite.

Literally hate this team.

I don’t get how it’s permissible that a club with Everton’s resources somehow seems to have spent the last 5 years putting out makeshift elevens every week.

Every time I watch them they always seem to have a centre back at full back, weird midfields with not-quite wingers and not-quite #10s going on, and Richarlison plugging-in gaps rather than having the attack built around him. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

That was from the official club?!?!

I thought that was some drip on Facebook. Jesus.

Tbf most club's social media managers are just some drip off Facebook given a job by the club

But I am definitely thankful Everton posted that because I laughed when @Whiskeysent it to me whilst cringing & I laughed when @Stanreposted it.

• The title was changed to Wolves 2-1 Everton - Monday 1st November, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived