• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 10 Matches - Saturday 30th October, 2021

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Chelsea looking good for the title, even though you can never write off City and Liverpool look the most convincing most weeks, Chelsea just look like they have that knack of boringly delivering three points week in, week out whilst Liverpool and Man City throw in those occasional mad performances.

Also now resigning myself to all of the Everton Twitter accounts who haven't mentioned Graham Potter for three months playing I told you so and claiming that they're the fountain of knowledge because they did a tweet about him in July, we've just had two bad games and he's got a point from Anfield the next weekend.

When you think of the spectacular efforts we went to ensuring we drew against Leicester, Brighton, Arsenal and Newcastle you have to say we have well deserved that. To beat Manchester City of all teams convincingly. Brilliant.

Patrick Vieira got his tactics spot on today. Edouard and Ayew are happy to contribute far back whilst having the energy to support Wilfried Zaha on the counter attack whilst McArthur and Gallagher refused to allow Man City to have any rhythm. His substitutes were perfectly timed too. The lack of fear Michael Olise plays with is going to be tantalising when Ebere Eze joins him.

I don't think it's an overreaction to suggest that we have gone from being one of the most boring teams in the league to one of the most exciting. I cannot think of a team outside the big three successfully disrupting Man City the way we did today. It was brilliant. 

It's a shame Conor Gallagher will not be here next season as I think in 18 months this group would be a top eight team. Our youthful exuberance we will be a blessing but a hindrance at certain moments this season. Hopefully this win will be a catalyst moment for the development of this side like that second half against West Ham was.

Close match against Newcastle Chelsea scored.

Chelsea also made several tactical fouls to stay in this match.

Nice to see Reece James get a brace and thought Havertz did ok up front. 

Also good to see both Barkley and Reuben Loftus-Cheek on in the 2nd half. 

Still top of the table and a shout out to both the Eagles and Seagulls! 

• Subscriber

I was so wrong about Palace this season. Probably my poorest call. This isn't a reaction to one win (seriously impressive though it is) but I've been impressed with them nearly every time I've seen them this season. Given the squad turnaround I thought they'd struggle a bit but they've recruited well. I'd have taken both Olise & Gallagher here.

• Administrator

@Danny do you reckon your bubble has burst slightly?

3 losses in a row despite the encouraging performances (barring yesterday). Seem to have missed Raya judging by the highlights - your 2nd keeper looked a bit all over the shop and indecisive (Lowton's goal especially). Maybe get back to form against Norwich next week. If you play like you did against Chelsea & us, against a shite Norwich side, can see it being a very big win to get back on track...

@Dr. Gonzo you'll enjoy Ghoddos' finish if you've not seen it yet.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Danny do you reckon your bubble has burst slightly?

3 losses in a row despite the encouraging performances (barring yesterday). Seem to have missed Raya judging by the highlights - your 2nd keeper looked a bit all over the shop and indecisive (Lowton's goal especially). Maybe get back to form against Norwich next week. If you play like you did against Chelsea & us, against a shite Norwich side, can see it being a very big win to get back on track...

@Dr. Gonzo you'll enjoy Ghoddos' finish if you've not seen it yet.

I think Thomas Frank was spot on in his assessment, we’ve played 20 halves of football in the league this season and 2 of them have been bad. The first half yesterday being one of them. Second half wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great.

I think the general consensus is that a mixture of playing midweek and being without 5 key players yesterday hit our performance hard and on top of that Burnley have been threatening to put a performance in like that for a while and it just turned into a perfect storm.

I wouldn’t say our bubble is burst though, we lost to Fulham in the play-off final and a year later went on to win the next one in the toughest Championship season ever. One bad half of football won’t break our season and I think we’ll bounce back fine against Norwich.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived