talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Could France Fail To Qualify For The World Cup?

Beaten in Sweden last night the group is as follows with 4 games left

1. Sweden 13pts

2. France 13pts

3. Netherlands 10pts

4. Bulgaria 9pts

5. Belarus 5pts

6. Luxembourg 1pt

Sweden are at home to the Netherlands last game, France have to play the Netherlands in August. France and Sweden must go to Bulgaria.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I literally couldn't believe it. He's nearly been caught out several times at Spurs, I hope he learns from this. Personally he wouldn't be my choice In  goal. 

They will still qualify and they will be one of the favourites next year. Last night aside, that French team are producing players left, right and centre.

So much quality and strength in depth.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They will still qualify and they will be one of the favourites next year. Last night aside, that French team are producing players left, right and centre.

So much quality and strength in depth.

Talent in abundance, but a pragmatic manager who is still unsure of the best system and line up. Meh. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I think if they get beat off Holland they're in trouble. If they draw they should make the playoffs at least.

We'll beat Holland. They're a more attacking side. We're just shit against well drilled hoofers like Sweden

15 minutes ago, Batard said:

Talent in abundance, but a pragmatic manager who is still unsure of the best system and line up. Meh. 

From what I saw in the Euro's last year, I was surprised how much of a ball ache France made of certain games. I expected them to win games more convincingly but they really seemed to struggle. If Deschamps isn't the right man, who is?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

From what I saw in the Euro's last year, I was surprised how much of a ball ache France made of certain games. I expected them to win games more convincingly but they really seemed to struggle. If Deschamps isn't the right man, who is?

The problem is the huge amount of egos in the camp and trying to manage them. In all honesty it would have to someone who wouldn't tale shit and is strong enough to exclude trouble makers. The problem is the best managers for the job are not French and I cannot see a foreigner being appointed.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:49 AM, Batard said:

I literally couldn't believe it. He's nearly been caught out several times at Spurs, I hope he learns from this. Personally he wouldn't be my choice In  goal. 

Actually, he's quite calamitous, that's why he has never made the stepup from Spurs

• Administrator
On 10/06/2017 at 6:02 PM, 6666 said:

They do have a world class striker in form though, 17 in his last 17. Need to go all out to sign this guy that's keeping Lacazette, Mbappe & Martial on the bench.

With the exception of the 98 team, we've never been short of quality forwards. 

Archived