• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-final Draw

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Liverpool away will be tough. I don't think Klopp will go weaker as he usually does. 

Our final 5 fixtures, in the space of 15 days, of the calendar year are Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Man City and Liverpool. Happy Christmas! 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool away will be tough. I don't think Klopp will go weaker as he usually does. 

It'll be basically the same as the other night and round three. It's not 'weak' by any stretch but he's not going to be starting any of the guaranteed starters a few days before the Boxing Day game.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It'll be basically the same as the other night and round three. It's not 'weak' by any stretch but he's not going to be starting any of the guaranteed starters a few days before the Boxing Day game.

Guess it's dependant on who's available too. Plenty of fixtures before then although I do think you have decent depth. Being able to rest Mane and score 5 at Old Trafford was some going! 

We won't be full strength by any means either. Our depth has improved but due to the fixtures mentioned above there'll be lots of rotation. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Guess it's dependant on who's available too. Plenty of fixtures before then although I do think you have decent depth. Being able to rest Mane and score 5 at Old Trafford was some going! 

We won't be full strength by any means either. Our depth has improved but due to the fixtures mentioned above there'll be lots of rotation. 

Oh yeah of course, if we've got seven midfielders fit at that point (unlikely!) then a couple of them are going to need the game time so we could potentially see a midfield of Thiago, Chamberlain and Jones for example. We'll also have whichever two CBs aren't starting in the league games at that point who can start (assuming no injuries).

• The topic was unpinned

Archived