• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Something that might surprise us about you

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:
  • I suffer from a rare condition called ''Gilberts Syndrome''
  • At the age of 14 I was signed to the Everton Football Club Youth Academy 
  • I have skidded across two lanes on a busy motorway but as it was Christmas Day I lived to tell the tale

explains a lot tbf

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

1) I still play beer league hockey (being a Canadian maybe not that surprising) but i could have played Junior once i graduated high school, i was good enough and had a shot to be drafted even. Instead i got fat and lazy and got a job B|

2) Ive played video games since my early teens and i still do when i get some free time.

3) Im a photography enthusiast. I have a Nikon D90 and i love nature photography and animals. 

4) Im a cat person, yes they're better. My cat is best. 

• Subscriber

1. I've never had a kebab in my life.

2. I have never watched any of the following: Star Wars, Titanic, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, plenty of others, I've hardly seen any films / TV series compared to most people.

3. I find chicken nuggets absolutely disgusting and haven't got a clue how anyone likes them.

Let's see

- I graduated with a degree in video/film and actually work in my field (dance films are my favorite thing to make)

- I'm not actual from Philly, but outside of it. However no one knows where the town I'm from even though Billy Joel Wrote a song about it

-Cartoons are the only real thing I watch because they can tell a story in ways Live Action cannot.

-I have a vestibular disorder that doctors are still trying to figure out which makes bright lights, screens etc hard to look at.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

1) I still play beer league hockey (being a Canadian maybe not that surprising) but i could have played Junior once i graduated high school, i was good enough and had a shot to be drafted even. Instead i got fat and lazy and got a job B|

2) Ive played video games since my early teens and i still do when i get some free time.

3) Im a photography enthusiast. I have a Nikon D90 and i love nature photography and animals. 

4) Im a cat person, yes they're better. My cat is best. 

:x 

I'm a Canon person myself, though.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

:x 

I'm a Canon person myself, though.

Canon seems to be the popular choice. I used Canon's in high school and they where more beginner friendly i would say rather then the Nikon. But I picked it up for a screaming deal probably 7 or 8 years ago now when i was traveling through Singapore. No regrets i love it still even bit a bit outdated. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Canon seems to be the popular choice. I used Canon's in high school and they where more beginner friendly i would say rather then the Nikon. But I picked it up for a screaming deal probably 7 or 8 years ago now when i was traveling through Singapore. No regrets i love it still even bit a bit outdated. 

Both Canon and Nikon are class, as much as I'm concerned, but my first ever "proper" camera was a 35mm film Canon EOS 700 that I got from my dad, and thus I stuck to other Canon models afterwards (reluctantly switched to digital some years ago, went back to shooting film, and now I'm starting with digital again). After all these years of buying lenses and accessories for Canon, it would be simply too expensive for me to switch to Nikon now... 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Both Canon and Nikon are class, as much as I'm concerned, but my first ever "proper" camera was a 35mm film Canon EOS 700 that I got from my dad, and thus I stuck to other Canon models afterwards (reluctantly switched to digital some years ago, went back to shooting film, and now I'm starting with digital again). After all these years of buying lenses and accessories for Canon, it would be simply too expensive for me to switch to Nikon now... 

Yep usually the first one decides which side of the fence your on. They're smart not to make any of the accessories interchangeable i suppose for that reason alone. I actually bucked up a few years back for my first new lens i got  35mm and i absolutely love how clear it is (i was always too cheap and have usually baught used lenses). Im jelous i wish i had the chance to shoot and develop film i was a generation too late or even i think 5 years before me they had film cameras. I mean digital makes alot more sense i understand all that but theres just some cool about film i dont know haha. 

I was never great at skateboarding but I did enjoy it. Chipped a couple of teeth.

I try to be as frugal as possible, the only thing I frequently spend more on is food, because a person is what they eat and I'd rather eat fresh food. Not that I buy into non-GMOs (that corn you just ate is a GMO for fucks sake, as is that cultivar of apples you like) or 'organic' (read: farmers use harmful 'natural' pesticides like rotenone, aka that one chemical that gives people Parkinson's and for you Europeans the American standards are far worse than Europes for 'organic') bullshit. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yep usually the first one decides which side of the fence your on. They're smart not to make any of the accessories interchangeable i suppose for that reason alone. I actually bucked up a few years back for my first new lens i got  35mm and i absolutely love how clear it is (i was always too cheap and have usually baught used lenses). Im jelous i wish i had the chance to shoot and develop film i was a generation too late or even i think 5 years before me they had film cameras. I mean digital makes alot more sense i understand all that but theres just some cool about film i dont know haha. 

You can use Nikon lenses on Canon cameras with an adapter, but it doesn't work the other way around, and granted, there will almost certainly be certain quality or function losses anyway. I owned quite a few Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses though, those work great and are a much more affordable alternative to original Canon/Nikkor ones.

As for film, I always preferred it as it makes you think twice about capturing each photo right since you only have limited exposures on roll, so you inevitably learn as you take a slower, more methodical approach. Meanwhile, digital tends to make you lazy as you can just snap away and hope that one of those shots will work or you can just fix it in PS later. I also think that film prints simply look better, despite all the technological advances in digital photography. Both have their pros and cons though. The only reason I'm switching to digital is the fact that it's getting too complicated to get film properly developed.

On the subject of vomiting I was once at a house party and I needed to be sick. I decided to go out into the front garden, rushed to the front door, tried for a good 20 seconds to open in outwards, got very confused as to why it wasn't opening (drunk me didn't think of pulling instead of pushing), then was sick all over the poor girl's door. She was not happy.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

You can use Nikon lenses on Canon cameras with an adapter, but it doesn't work the other way around, and granted, there will almost certainly be certain quality or function losses anyway. I owned quite a few Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses though, those work great and are a much more affordable alternative to original Canon/Nikkor ones.

As for film, I always preferred it as it makes you think twice about capturing each photo right since you only have limited exposures on roll, so you inevitably learn as you take a slower, more methodical approach. Meanwhile, digital tends to make you lazy as you can just snap away and hope that one of those shots will work or you can just fix it in PS later. I also think that film prints simply look better, despite all the technological advances in digital photography. Both have their pros and cons though. The only reason I'm switching to digital is the fact that it's getting too complicated to get film properly developed.

Yeah thats right about the adapters im sure its never worth it with the aforementioned quality loss as the icing. I've only got 3 lenses they're all Nikkor i never really trusted much else but Sigma has built up a pretty good name for itself over here, dont know about the others.

I think theres definitely alot more pride in film shots for sure, theres very little room for error and the cost of what it used to be from what ive been told was never that cheap. Digital is great until you stockpile a gazillion photos every outing.... my worst part is editing or even going through all my photos :dam:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

2.) I like cats too! My cat is the best cat in the world.

That just cant be!

gpraJ.gif

Archived