The better place to talk football.

AS Roma

• The title was changed to AS Roma
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Rinaldi8879 said:

When is Mourinho gonna realize that he is far better off starting El Shaarawy than Mikataryan? He hasn’t done anything but he keeps starting. What do you think?

Welcome to the land of TF365 buddy, you would have been better posting the above in this thread...

Jose Mourinho to Replace Fonseca at Roma

Keep posting, the more the merrier :hh:

El Shaarawy is a Roma legend but he's late to the game considering Mourinho is much more familiar with Miki.  At this point I can't really fault anything Mourinho has done.  He has Roma in the top 4 and playing much better defensively (with the exception of the Glimt match :whistling:), which has been their problem for a few seasons now.  I wasn't really in favor of his appointment at the time but I'm willing to give him time.  It feels like Pelligrini is really starting to blossom under him.

I'd guess that he sees Mkhitaryan as more disciplined and tactically reliable, whereas El-Shaarawy is more of a flair player who produces moments of excellence.

Mourinho will always stick with experience and work-ethic. If he's desperate for a goal he will turn to the flair players.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I'd guess that he sees Mkhitaryan as more disciplined and tactically reliable,

I think it was Jose when managing United swapped Mkhitaryan for Arsenals Alexis Sánchez, both ended up moving on as loans to Roma and Inter Milan, he must think Mkh is more disciplined tactically reliable at Roma than he was at United?

45 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I think it was Jose when managing United swapped Mkhitaryan for Arsenals Alexis Sánchez, both ended up moving on as loans to Roma and Inter Milan, he must think Mkh is more disciplined tactically reliable at Roma than he was at United?

Sanchez also had a reputation for being an extremely hard-working team-player, as well as great tallies of goals and assists. In his prime he was definitely a player Mourinho would have loved.

In theory it seemed like a straight upgrade on Mkhitaryan. The same work rate, but more output. 

I guess that was the idea, at least. Obviously didn't work out that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tammy Abraham has now become the clubs highest scorer in a first season debut... 23 goals in 40 games in all competitions with his 2 against Lazio at the weekend going ahead of Montella & Batistuta who both scored 21

Go Tammy... B|

So glad we splashed all that cash at Lukaku... :ph34r:

Special mention for the free kick from Pellegrini... A thing of beauty

Archived