• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea's Stadium Plans Put on Hold

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Money talks - ridiculous that they've pushed this through so quickly. Took us about 7 years

didn't Spurs have nearby buildings they had to set on fire as 'insurance scams' to get rid of first :D

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, StanLCFC said:

didn't Spurs have nearby buildings they had to set on fire as 'insurance scams' to get rid of first :D

I can assure you Chelsea had far bigger obstacles that have miraculously disappeared. Nuclear waste on the trainline behind the stadium for a start...

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

I can assure you Chelsea had far bigger obstacles that have miraculously disappeared. Nuclear waste on the trainline behind the stadium for a start...

i haven't looked in to it tbh, i just remember one building near yours going up xD 

I'm not as down on the design as others. At least it is different from the usual identikit stadium, I'm more interested in seeing what the layout of the interior is like and how the seating is configured around the stands. I imagine there will be the usual 'corporate ring' as most stadiums seem to have.

I'm guessing they'll be looking to play at Wembley for a few years until it's ready?

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

settlement reached with family that were opposing the expansion

Chelsea can start work on a new £1bn stadium at Stamford Bridge after settling a dispute with a neighbour who objected to the construction.

The Crosthwaite family took out an injunction in May 2017, saying the expansion to 60,000 seats would block light into their home.

In January, Hammersmith and Fulham Council passed a motion to prevent the injunction blocking the plans.

The club said on Wednesday they have reached an agreement with the family.

Chelsea expect to be playing at Stamford Bridge until the end of the 2019-20 season and will be forced to play at an alternative venue - likely to be Wembley Stadium - for up to four years during construction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43410170

The club said on Wednesday they have reached an agreement with the family.

Probably had a couple of Russians banging on the door offering fur coats and a Siberian Cabin as an alternative location with plenty of light coming in through the bars on the window... 

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Teams shouldn't be allowed to use Wembley, it's supposed to be a special venue not some building that teams can rent as and when they please. 

Let's build this huge stadium and not use it.

Spastic idea.

• The title was changed to Chelsea's Stadium Plans Put on Hold

Archived