talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ted Lasso

football forum

• Subscriber

From the outside I can see DDW's perspective. When Id heard of the show I definitely avoided it and thought what a daytime tv trash North American idea. That being said once I started watching its far better than you think its going to be and maybe far better then it has the rights to be. As Tommy mentions how they touch on actual quite dark and serious topics while having the comedy angle is probably what makes it so endearing and enjoyable and relatable. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

I mean, to me it's definitely a super corny feel-good 90s-style show with a lot of silly infantile humour mixed with some serious topics. So I thought I'd hate it, but I binged it all in just a few days xD 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Alright Im all caught up to date on season 3. I was a little skeptical after the first episode; I didnt think it was very good overall tbh. BUT the following 3 episodes totally redeemed themselves, right back into its stride. I am glad its going to end as it would be hard to keep on going but im very satisfied so far and I dont think its lost any of its luster. 

Zava is fucking fantastic and I love how over the top he is. I also love the Jaimie angle there going with Zava coming in. All the while the real life Ted stuff going on in the background, they do such a good job of mixing in this stuff. The Nathan stuff has been really good too. Man I missed this show.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The latest two episodes have been great again. Show is great. GREAT.

I feel like the latest episode was one of the best I've ever seen. So many great storylines about great characters. I love Sam, and his dad! 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I feel like the latest episode was one of the best I've ever seen. So many great storylines about great characters. I love Sam, and his dad! 

I thought the same about the one the week prior with all the different storylines in Amsterdam. It was all so well done and nearly all side storys but it was almost kind of pivotal for all of them individually. I agree though yesterdays was fantastic too.

The Sam part about the restaurant was so perfect. Full circle and really hits home with social media these days and how our favourite athletes are really seen and criticized  these days. The beautiful moment with his dad coming in and in his small screen time was perfect. Full circle to the end with the cleanup up the restaurant, man it just feels so good. The Nate stuff was so well done as well yet again, finding someone that's kind of seemingly just as awkward as him and the story with his parents was cute too. They really do the characters service with the writing. Even the little quips and tie ins now with Trent Crim (of the Indepent) and his little tidbit about why the total football will work and the culture that Ted's built over the several seasons, thats the foundation of this show man. So good.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Latest episode wasn't quite as strong as the last couple I thought but it was a far more sombre tone too. It really is fantastic how they handle these serious topics I cant rave about this enough. The ending with The Beatles song was just chefs kiss. 

Another fantastic episode. I love this show so much, I never want it to end.

At first I thought Isaac was being a prick to Colin because Colin is gay, but he was actually just mad because he didn't tell him the truth. 

Sam and Jamie silently arguing over the captain situation was hilarious. 

Nate finally realising what a fucking prick Rupert is. His girlfriend is so good for him. 

Coach Beard doing a press conference ending in absolute chaos. xD

Roy fucking rocking that press conference that he so dreaded to do. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

This show is just too good. Im happy to see it going out with such another strong season but still sad that it is coming to an end.

What an on the nose episode about the super league. Rebecca's speech was perfect, a thing of beauty. The international break stuff was top notch.. the Danny and Van Damme bit was hilarious in the background spliced in between the Nate and his father/family and job bit. Im a broken record but they just handle all the real life and dark subjects so well episode to episode.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I cant be more happy with how good this season has been. They're going out with a bang.

Has it really been confirmed to be the last season though? 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Has it really been confirmed to be the last season though? 

So i do remember Jason Sudeizkskikwmiaikis had said (I believe on one of the late night shows a while back) that they had planned for a 3 season arc and thats what they where going to stick to. BUT theres never really been any other confirmation one way or another that Ive seen or heard? So maybe not?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yeah one of the best episodes in a great season

Agreed! It was probably one of my favourite episodes of the whole series. We got to know so much about the characters and why they are the way that they are. 

I think the finale is gonna be a proper tearjerker. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Agreed! It was probably one of my favourite episodes of the whole series. We got to know so much about the characters and why they are the way that they are. 

I think the finale is gonna be a proper tearjerker.

The last one already was! the bit with Ted and his mom was just so real and boiling up the whole time in the background. But youre right, even though we know whats coming im fairly confident their going to knock this one out of the park yet again.

• Upvote 1

There's also talks about a spin-off. What would you guys like to see?

Just following Richmond under new management? 

Focus on one of the characters? Jamie? Roy? Nate? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

There's also talks about a spin-off. What would you guys like to see?

Just following Richmond under new management? 

Focus on one of the characters? Jamie? Roy? Nate? 

A spinoff of Rebecca and the Amsterdam boat guy :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Zava's avocado farming adventures.

A Cheers-like spinoff of Mae and the three idiots at the pub.

Roy and Jamie running a football school. 

In all seriousness though, I think they have kind of been setting up for a spinoff considering how peripheral Ted has been in both season 2 and 3... Call the new show FC Richmond and continue in the same vein, just without Ted. 

• Upvote 2