talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ted Lasso

football forum

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I loved Ted. He was the positivity I needed after so many bad things happening in the world. But yea, as said before, he made his impact, and now I can see why they may continue with the other characters who still have a lot of room for development. 

As Ted wrote to Trent about his book: "It's not about me. It never was."

This is why the show is so good! perfect send off for Ted. Also as nudge says "The Richmond Way" is the absolute best title they can use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re-watching the series at the moment, and I didn't get something the first place. In Season 2 Episode 2, Ted brings Jamie back to Richmond. I thought just because he wanted to give him a 2nd chance. Only on the re-watch I realised it's because Sam told Ted that his father says he feels like he's in safe hands with him. So Ted wanted Jamie to be in safe hands as well, because his father is (was) a scumbag. 

I'm dumb, but that's damn good writing and extremely wholesome. 

• Subscriber
On 23/06/2023 at 03:29, Tommy said:

Re-watching the series at the moment, and I didn't get something the first place. In Season 2 Episode 2, Ted brings Jamie back to Richmond. I thought just because he wanted to give him a 2nd chance. Only on the re-watch I realised it's because Sam told Ted that his father says he feels like he's in safe hands with him. So Ted wanted Jamie to be in safe hands as well, because his father is (was) a scumbag. 

I'm dumb, but that's damn good writing and extremely wholesome. 

Honestly I didnt really remember much of that either the first go around so you're not alone but you're right, its really, really well crafted. Im in the same boat. My better half was interested so we're nearing the end of season 2 now, just watched the funeral episode. Man the writing is just so good. That episode in particular is just a masterpiece. Its the Ted panic attack talking through his fathers suicide with the doc as hes getting ready for the funeral that just hits so well. With Rebecca talking about her trauma to her mother and even Roy's response to the funeral going full circle to him apologizing and opening up to Keeley about why he doesnt like funerals. Let alone mixing in the brilliant comedic moments like the girl's howling and cackling in the side room of the church about Rebecca and Sam's relationship and stuff. I nearly forgot to even mention the brilliant weave of Never Gonna Give you Up throughout the episode as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ok second run through is complete. Overall I see more of the gripes with season 3 as it was definitely the weakest of the three. By weakest I dont think bad by any stretch it still had some of top notch episodes and storylines going for it but it also had some of the worst. In particular the Keeley stuff was the standout worst, probably more of standout because her character was so good in the first two seasons. The Jack stuff was overall dumb and served no real purpose was the long and the short of it. Anyways, this show is a real gem overall, I hope the inevitable spin offs can do it justice. 

Archived