talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ted Lasso

football forum

5 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Got the 7 day trial yesterday, I've watched Series 1 and now onto the second series! Enjoying it so far!

How the fuck. 

I barely managed to watch Season 1 in my 1 week trial. xD Now I got it for a month at least. 🤷‍♂️

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Tommy said:

How the fuck. 

I barely managed to watch Season 1 in my 1 week trial. xD Now I got it for a month at least. 🤷‍♂️

The episodes are like 30 minutes long and make great background watching on my other screen whilst I work. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost through season 2. Man, what a series. 

Never seen an actor like Jason Sudeikis who plays Ted Lasso being so good at looking sad. He has some real vulnerable and sad moments in Season 2. 

Just finished Season 1 

What a really great show this is... Funny, quick and heart breaking in places.. I love how they manage to deal with sadder aspects of the show without dwelling on them too much which keeps the whole thing moving at a good pace, For a show that only last 30 minutes it sure feels longer when you are watching each episode which shows how much they seem to cram in to the time.. 

Top quality, can't wait to start watching the second Season

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Just finished off episode 5. The one thing I have to say is the writing is fantastic. I dont know what I expected entirely but the little quips and on the nose jokes are really well done and flushed out... alot of little subtle humour on top. The rest of the characters already seem like their shaping up really well but surprisingly one of my favs through the first half here is Keely... shes great. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I was skeptical at the start as I fully expected it to be a tacky comedy with silly annoying jokes, but damn they really got the balance spot on. It's funny but not hysterical, and there are enough nuances that balance the comedy out with some serious, relatable stuff. I also love the characters; especially the fact that it's not one-dimensional caricatures, even the ones with exaggerated quirks. Really, really well done. I'm on Season 2 Episode 10 now, and the previous episode is the only one that I didn't particularly care for.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was skeptical at the start as I fully expected it to be a tacky comedy with silly annoying jokes, but damn they really got the balance spot on. It's funny but not hysterical, and there are enough nuances that balance the comedy out with some serious, relatable stuff. I also love the characters; especially the fact that it's not one-dimensional caricatures, even the ones with exaggerated quirks. Really, really well done. I'm on Season 2 Episode 10 now, and the previous episode is the only one that I didn't particularly care for.

Yea, Beard After Hours was a bit weird. Still had it's moments though, and it was a bit sad in the end. 

How Beard is kinda stuck in this toxic relationship.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, Beard After Hours was a bit weird. Still had it's moments though, and it was a bit sad in the end. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it was the weakest one for me so far, and I even found myself fast-forwarding a few times, which doesn't usually happen to me. In a way, it reminded me of that Westworld "genre" sequence which I also didn't care for.

I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there was another storyline in the episode too; 30 minutes of solely Beard in a weird feverish state was a bit too much for my liking; just all over the place. I did enjoy the pub trio having a good night out though

xD

• Upvote 1

Just finished Season 2. 

Nate can fuck off. Little ungrateful prick.

But god, I love this series. I was a huge Scrubs fan, because it was such a good mixture of comedy and heavy things, and I never thought I'd find another series that is so good at balancing those things. But Ted Lasso, where football is the subject is an extra bonus. wow. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Just finished Season 2. 

Reveal hidden contents

But god, I love this series. I was a huge Scrubs fan, because it was such a good mixture of comedy and heavy things, and I never thought I'd find another series that is so good at balancing those things. But Ted Lasso, where football is the subject is an extra bonus. wow. 

Just finished Season 2 as well.

Yeah, Nate's a massive cunt. I get the whole "hurt people hurt other people" schtick, and I think the show creators absolutely nailed the character profile of someone with a lot of insecurities who used to get absolutely no recognition or respect from anyone, and then suddenly get thrusted into a position of having some authority and become power-hungry. But I absolutely hate people like that 😅 I wonder how that turns out next season... Looks like Nate will be the main villain; it's good as the show needed a proper one after Rebecca had a change of heart.

When is Season 3 supposed to come out?

• Upvote 1

On 15/12/2021 at 01:31, Viva la FCB said:

Just finished episode 8, 2 more to go in season 1. It just keeps getting better. One tidbit I thought for sure the boss Hannah Waddingham's voice was dubbed in the karaoke bit. Turns out thats 100% her signing voice...even more impressive. 

I thought it was obvious that it's her voice.

She's listed as an actress/singer on Wikipedia as well. Apparently she did some musicals in the past as well. Some people are just unfairly talented. xD

• Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 16:31, Viva la FCB said:

Just finished episode 8, 2 more to go in season 1. It just keeps getting better. One tidbit I thought for sure the boss Hannah Waddingham's voice was dubbed in the karaoke bit. Turns out thats 100% her signing voice...even more impressive. 

She started her career on the West End - she's incredibly talented tbh.

I recently just learned she's the fucking shame nun from GOT.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

This show is just so good. I just finished the funeral episode and man theres alot to chew on. The heartfelt moments between Rebecca and her mom and Ted and the shrink are just so relateable. Two more episodes to get to and I hope they keep going with it I cant get enough.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

This show is just so good. I just finished the funeral episode and man theres alot to chew on. The heartfelt moments between Rebecca and her mom and Ted and the shrink are just so relateable. Two more episodes to get to and I hope they keep going with it I cant get enough.

You're in for one great finale.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This show sucks so much ass. It's the whitest most boring shit humor. Even beats the worst of the office and parks and rec for 'most wonder bread humor that middle class white people will like'

One person has never been so wrong in two sentences. This show is a pure gem, and you take that back about the office damnit.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1