talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Doctor Who

football forum

Does anyone watch it? I like the current series but it is pretty complicated. I have to look at wikipedia after because dont understand bits. 

Still though like I said really like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Doctor Who
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

At some point yea... Watched most of them but not seen any with Jodie Whittaker in.. I heard she crashed the Tardis into an asteroid in the third episode.. 

3b9ebcda66c275b91cfb3c2ca1cda1c5.jpg

She was let down in her first season by poor writing. They had this idea they were gonna not use any old enemies and there would be no two parters and no season long story ark. It just didnt work. Since then it has improved alot. However there will be some fans that will never except a female doctor even though there is nothing that says doctor who must be a man. In fact it has clearly been established before that timelords can change sex. That being said I don't think she is the best doctor certainly since it started again in 2005. However it is a hard part to play I think as other good actors have failed to play it convincingly. Some of the writing lately has changed almost 60 years of canon so she will be remembered for that even though it's not her fault. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) you must have watched doctor who at some point?

Not really, maybe a few years back just out of interest but never hooked on it, funny enough our eldest grandson was a Dr Who fan when he was around 7 years old but not sure nowadays.

The only show I liked watching with Jon Pertwee in it was good old Worzel Gummidge, I loved that series.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not really, maybe a few years back just out of interest but never hooked on it, funny enough our eldest grandson was a Dr Who fan when he was around 7 years old but not sure nowadays.

The only show I liked watching with Jon Pertwee in it was good old Worzel Gummidge, I loved that series.

Do you think you could watch every single doctor who episode so I have someone to talk to about it. There are only about 1000 of them  :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can I just start watching the new series without watching the old ones first?

Yeah but it would be worth reading about the back story so it makes more sense. 

• Subscriber

Going back to our eldest grandson Connor, as I said, he loved Dr Who but he was used to the up to date version and never really seen the old series with the Daleks then and he came around for a visit with our daughter, I think he was around 7/8 ish then.

The wife went into the kitchen for a natter with our daughter so I said to Connor I would put an old Dr Who on for him and he was quite happy until he saw the Daleks then and said "Granddad...turn that off, I don't like them...", he was actually frightened looking at those things. xD

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can't stand the main character. Arrogant arse. Also, I accidentally watched the sequel movie, and thought it was meh 😅

So the movie I will say is much like watching The Many Saints without watching or connecting to the Sopranos.. as a standalone is super whatever but thats not what makes it great, its the context!! I can see why the captain would come accross like that but if you keep going youll think otherwise :) Dont give up its a real gem! I was going to say we could make a beer wager but I still have to mail you that one beer when its possible I dont know about mailing more then one xD

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So the movie I will say is much like watching The Many Saints without watching or connecting to the Sopranos.. as a standalone is super whatever but thats not what makes it great, its the context!! I can see why the captain would come accross like that but if you keep going youll think otherwise :) Dont give up its a real gem! I was going to say we could make a beer wager but I still have to mail you that one beer when its possible I dont know about mailing more then one xD

I'm still on the road with no permanent address, so it wouldn't work out anyway... I'll give the series another go though 😅

On 15/12/2021 at 16:42, nudge said:

Just finished the first serial in the original series. It's actually weirdly entertaining xD

What the first ever in black and white?

Some of the episodes went missing. Dont know whether it might mean that some of it won't make sense 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What the first ever in black and white?

Some of the episodes went missing. Dont know whether it might mean that some of it won't make sense 

Yes, black & white so far. I'm just finishing the second serial in Season 1 (The Daleks). No missing episodes so far, but then I can just read up whenever one is missing anyway... The story hasn't been complicated at all so far, so I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, black & white so far. I'm just finishing the second serial in Season 1 (The Daleks). No missing episodes so far, but then I can just read up whenever one is missing anyway... The story hasn't been complicated at all so far, so I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

TV generally wasnt complicated back then  I dont think. It was made to feel the gap for people  younger than  adults but older than children. Not entirely sure what ages they mean. Have the daleks said exterminate yet? Always wondered the first time they said it 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

TV generally wasnt complicated back then  I dont think. It was made to feel the gap for people  younger than  adults but older than children. Not entirely sure what ages they mean. Have the daleks said exterminate yet? Always wondered the first time they said it 

Yes xD Episode 7, The Escape.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes xD Episode 7, The Escape.

They were based on the nazis. They shout exterminate all the time now. It's literally what they are famous for. In fact if you type exterminate into Google daleks are the first thing that comes up. 

Is it the bit where the dalek is going into he lift and the other dalek tells him  to not take prisoners to exterminate them?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They were based on the nazis. They shout exterminate all the time now. It's literally what they are famous for. In fact if you type exterminate into Google daleks are the first thing that comes up. 

Is it the bit where the dalek is going into he lift and the other dalek tells him  to not take prisoners to exterminate them?

Nope, it's when the Daleks have the Doctor, Susan and the two teachers in captivity, and Susan tries to negotiate the peace treaty between them and the Thals, but Daleks only pretend to accept the peace offer, in order to exterminate them xD 

Just now, nudge said:

Nope, it's when the Daleks have the Doctor, Susan and the two teachers in captivity, and Susan tries to negotiate the peace treaty between them and the Thals, but Daleks only pretend to accept the peace offer, in order to exterminate them xD 

It's on daily motion I might watch it. Just did a bit of a google search on some of the early episodes. The series of episodes that has the first time the doctor meets the cybermen(who are a continuing enemy) and regenerates has one missing unfortunately 

Archived