talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Doctor Who

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's on daily motion I might watch it. Just did a bit of a google search on some of the early episodes. The series of episodes that has the first time the doctor meets the cybermen(who are a continuing enemy) and regenerates has one missing unfortunately 

I've been told that the missing episodes have been recreated in animation?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

The best thing about Dr Who now is that it basically exists as a vehicle to make Conservative heads fall off every couple of years when they cast people who aren't a white man in a TV program that 90% of them have probably never watched.

I hope next time they cast a trans refugee, preferably from Syria or Afghanistan. They don't even need to be an actor. All that matters at this point is the lolz whenever they announce the next one.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The best thing about Dr Who now is that it basically exists as a vehicle to make Conservative heads fall off every couple of years when they cast people who aren't a white man in a TV program that 90% of them have probably never watched.

I hope next time they cast a trans refugee, preferably from Syria or Afghanistan. They don't even need to be an actor. All that matters at this point is the lolz whenever they announce the next one.

And yet the people that will make the most money from this decision are the old white Tory voting show runners. Reminds me of Blaxploitation films from the 60s and 70s, old white guy in a studio picks out a black guy not because of who he is but because his image as a black man can be sold. 

That is just me being cynical about show business though.I take very little of it in good faith, especially when it comes to a struggling mass media franchise that has seen decaying viewership and applause since Matt Smith

I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but I am fully convinced they (rich old cunts) do stuff like this (and constantly talk about a black Bond) to make people that would normally vote Labor and look like this panic that they being replaced culturally and literally. Because apparently it is easier for people to get upset about Dr Who than worker’s rights or whatever the fuck the problem in the UK is. Then arseholes like Ben Shapiro and that annoying English Ben Shapiro can hawk their products and ideals by using it as clickbait to bring in views. As if it fucking matters who plays a fucking fictional alien but they can use it as a tool in the right hands, all they have to do is associate it with ‘liberalism gone mad’ or ‘wokeness too far’ and you’ve got a brainwashed demographic that won’t vote a certain way ‘cuz they made James Bond black, they did’

adc.png

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but I am fully convinced they (rich old cunts) do stuff like this (and constantly talk about a black Bond) to make people that would normally vote Labor and look like this panic that they being replaced culturally and literally. Because apparently it is easier for people to get upset about Dr Who than worker’s rights or whatever the fuck the problem in the UK is. Then arseholes like Ben Shapiro and that annoying English Ben Shapiro can hawk their products and ideals by using it as clickbait to bring in views. As if it fucking matters who plays a fucking fictional alien but they can use it as a tool in the right hands, all they have to do is associate it with ‘liberalism gone mad’ or ‘wokeness too far’ and you’ve got a brainwashed demographic that won’t vote a certain way ‘cuz they made James Bond black, they did’

adc.png

This is actually a thing

There is a show in Aus called 'the project' and in it a bunch of shitty comedian journalists speak incessantly about weird minor social injustices to make the show seem 'leftie' but it keeps the real left wing news out of the news, and tells everyone to vote liberal every election cycle. It's a like a psy op on middle aged house wives.  

14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This is actually a thing

There is a show in Aus called 'the project' and in it a bunch of shitty comedian journalists speak incessantly about weird minor social injustices to make the show seem 'leftie' but it keeps the real left wing news out of the news, and tells everyone to vote liberal every election cycle. It's a like a psy op on middle aged house wives.  

yeah I have seen that, they are the guys that ran the story on how logging and deforestation is good for koalas because they asked  a guy that chops down forests for a living and he said so

Archived