talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Countdown to Christmas

football forum

If only I was young again in my mid 50s just a glass or two of wine.

Still Turkey defrosting since 10am this morning now looking at roast potato recipes with Turkey re diff cooking temps and just realised not enough oil. So will mix up boiling the spuds and then coating with small amount of oil and baking at higher temps. Finger crossed. 

Cooking also for my elderly Dad and thought i had everything until he says at lunch time he wants custard with his Christmas dinner.

Went to two supermarkets before I found a pot of fresh custard.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

3.00 am and my stomach is rumbling listening to Radio Gold with only the cat annoying me jumping up on me stretched out on the sofa.

The daughter has my favourite for Xmas dinner, chicken with all the bits (roast tatties, yorkie puds etc) and just thinking of it is making me hungry, roll on lunchtime 🤪🍷🥮

• Subscriber
On 24/12/2021 at 16:22, CaaC (John) said:

Wine cooler filling up, still a load of wine in the back room cupboard, won't touch the booze until we get back from our daughters tomorrow night after Xmas dinner, the wife said you are not going around there tomorrow with a hangover. :drunk:

thumbnail_20211224_160237.jpg

Mission Possible Completed

Back from our daughters and Xmas dinner and a few lagers, landed there sobre as a judge with no hangover, by order of the wife...

thumbnail_20211225_160106.jpg

Now back home so now it's time for the serious stuff and maybe a hangover tomorrow morning...:friends:

🎶 Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, Robins ...🎶

thumbnail_20211225_173256.jpg

Taking the kids to Winter Funland at 5pm so currently sat feet up chilled out wait for something to eat.

Steak, New potatoes, onion rings and veg with a side of peppercorn sauce currently on the cook in the kitchen.

Love boxing day, I'd go as far as saying it could be my favourite day of the year.

5 hours ago, Devil said:

Taking the kids to Winter Funland at 5pm so currently sat feet up chilled out wait for something to eat.

Steak, New potatoes, onion rings and veg with a side of peppercorn sauce currently on the cook in the kitchen.

Love boxing day, I'd go as far as saying it could be my favourite day of the year.

Well that will teach me to not book things without reading reviews....

Been fleeced today 🤣

Archived