talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nintendo Switch

football forum

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was thinking of getting a switch for travelling as it'll pass time when on flights. It'd be better than simply watching films and documentaries.

On fifa can you do a career mode? As that is the only reason I'd get it, as building a team would pass time on massively.

The Switch is a good console in fairness, though I've criminally underused mine until a bit more recently.

As for FIFA, I've never played it on Switch so @Whiskey would be best to advise on that.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I think a Nintendo switch would be worth investing in to be honest as I'd probably use it quite a bit. 

That's fair, but I use my Vita more than my Switch as Switch games are expensive and I have thousands of Vita games for free.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

That's fair, but I use my Vita more than my Switch as Switch games are expensive and I have thousands of Vita games for free.

The Vita goes down as one of those 'What if' handhelds for me.

A handheld that could have dug into Nintendo's dominance at the time, but Sony basically left it to die after seeing the success of PS4.

A shame as it looked the business and had some good games on it as well.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

A handheld that could have dug into Nintendo's dominance at the time, but Sony basically left it to die after seeing the success of PS4.

Vita is awesome. I just hacked it and now I’ve a library of hundreds of games, as well as emulation, including PSOne, PSP, Game Boy, so on.

Its the greatest hacked device ever.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Spike said:

Vita is awesome. I just hacked it and now I’ve a library of hundreds of games, as well as emulation, including PSOne, PSP, Game Boy, so on.

Its the greatest hacked device ever.

In the end it doesn't matter what the masses consume but what works for you. I think those hacked Vita's are great to give you the opportunity to play so many games on a console that can honestly handle it.

Having said all that Nintendo themselves have some great games in their repertoire that I think are great plays. I can't play FIFA anymore as I think its a bit monotonous but then there's stuff like Kirby, Mario, etc which are quite good for passing time on long trips into work or on flights. My only gripe with the Switch is how fickle their joycons are and I have had to replace mine already but I really wish they'd have spent a little more time in R+D to sort out things like drift or connectivity issues because once you start experiencing either of these its very hard to get it to work right.

15 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I might as well buy one in a few weeks. It'll get alot of use out of it.

It's been a great investment for me. The portable and non portable aspect is just amazing. There's some excellent games.

Mario oddysey and 3d world, Zelda BOTW and Links awakening. Splatoon. 

Definitely a frustrating lack of depth though

4 hours ago, Harry said:

It's been a great investment for me. The portable and non portable aspect is just amazing. There's some excellent games.

Mario oddysey and 3d world, Zelda BOTW and Links awakening. Splatoon. 

Definitely a frustrating lack of depth though

That's the main problem for me, I haven't touched mine in a while (bar my holiday with FIFA) as there just isn't enough of a catalogue for it. The games that Nintendo have released since the console launched (such as Yoshi's Island and Paper Mario) haven't interested me at all. The only game that I'd probably get that I haven't done so far is Luigi's Mansion.

On 15/10/2022 at 19:20, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I loved the Vita but agree that it being shafted by Sony was super annoying. 

Rayman Origins, Uncharted and Resistance: Burning Skies were fantastic games from the Vita days. Not to mention the truly broken (in a fun way) FIFA. Basically they took advantage of the touch-screen and made the back of the Vita a goal, basically wherever you placed your finger on the back of the console the player shot the ball at, so basically you could shoot from 40 yards and if your finger was on the top corner of the controller - top bins.

On 17/10/2022 at 22:39, Carnivore Chris said:

I might as well buy one in a few weeks. It'll get alot of use out of it.

I've ordered one. I'm going to pick it up tonight.

Fuck me, I don't half spend some money, but once I have the idea of buying something, I have to buy it there and then xD.

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nice. OLED or general model?

Just the general model mate as I didn't see the point in the OLED since when you're at Home you'd rather bang the PS4 on, although I don't even play that many games.

I still haven't got a PS5, but was thinking of getting one after Christmas if I can find one. If not, then I might have to get an Xbox. I've never had any xbox ever but I might have a change this time since Ps5s seem like gold dust.

Consoles are too expensive nowadays. Ridiculous prices really. Then you have the games, also ridiculously priced.

2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

These are a good little piece of a equipment these, it has to be said. It's a shame about the lack of games compared to your main consoles but it'll pass time on when needed.

Any good fighting games? @Bluebird Hewitt, @Mel81x, @Whiskey

Smash Bros Ultimate all the way for me if you like that sort of fighting game (fast paced and frantic).

Not sure what the likes of Mortal Kombat 11 and other multiplatform fighters are like on Switch, though if you have either a PS4/5 or an XBox One/Series console, it's difficult to recommend many on Switch over the other.

On 18/10/2022 at 12:33, Whiskey said:

I loved the Vita but agree that it being shafted by Sony was super annoying. 

Rayman Origins, Uncharted and Resistance: Burning Skies were fantastic games from the Vita days. Not to mention the truly broken (in a fun way) FIFA. Basically they took advantage of the touch-screen and made the back of the Vita a goal, basically wherever you placed your finger on the back of the console the player shot the ball at, so basically you could shoot from 40 yards and if your finger was on the top corner of the controller - top bins.

That's amusing, I try to avoid playing the games with the back touch, because that was the worst thing about the Vita. I mainly play old PSOne games on mine because I'm stilling living in 2000.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

These are a good little piece of a equipment these, it has to be said. It's a shame about the lack of games compared to your main consoles but it'll pass time on when needed.

Any good fighting games? @Bluebird Hewitt, @Mel81x, @Whiskey

Like Bluebird said, Smash Bros all the way. I did get a copy of Street Fighter for it and I found it quite fun to play honestly. MK might be a good bet too.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Like Bluebird said, Smash Bros all the way. I did get a copy of Street Fighter for it and I found it quite fun to play honestly. MK might be a good bet too.

Mortal Kombat is a great shout. I have Mortal Kombat XL on the ps4, which features the likes of Jason from Friday the 13th, etc and I had a Mortal Kombat game on the ps3, which has the likes of Freddy Krueger on it. 

I've always liked MK games since I was a kid.

According to wiki, the likes of Terminator and Robocop are on the switch version. That sounds pretty class. It's only £13 as well.

Street Fighter was great itself, although I was always a MK man in general.

Fight night boxing games are among my favourite fighting games but they haven't brought anything out for 10 years.

23 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mortal Kombat is a great shout. I have Mortal Kombat XL on the ps4, which features the likes of Jason from Friday the 13th, etc and I had a Mortal Kombat game on the ps3, which has the likes of Freddy Krueger on it. 

I've always liked MK games since I was a kid.

According to wiki, the likes of Terminator and Robocop are on the switch version. That sounds pretty class. It's only £13 as well.

Street Fighter was great itself, although I was always a MK man in general.

Fight night boxing games are among my favourite fighting games but they haven't brought anything out for 10 years.

Make sure that's the Ultimate version though. The base game doesn't have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Fifa 2023 legendary edition

Mortal Kombat Ultimate edition 

Need for speed hot pursuit

Grand theft auto III

Grand theft auto Vice City

Grand theft auto San Andreas

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

They are the games I have accumulated so far. I bought Grand theft Auto trilogy today. Obviously the 3 games on it(GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas) are outdated in terms of graphics these days but there aren't many games to buy for the switch and besides, they are still very playable games that are legendary. I will definitely have fun on them. 

I downloaded Sonic 1 and 2 from the shop, more for a laugh, but I ended up completing both last weekend in 1 day. They brought back memories from being a kid on the megadrive xD. They seriously need Flimbo's Quest.

Need for speed is a decent enough game, fifa is disappointing but still good enough for the manager mode and Mortal Kombat is good fun as their games always are.

The Switch is a decent little console. You don't really buy handheld consoles for super graphics, that is what the Xbox and PS5s and for. It has its purpose, it's just a shame their aren't more games for it. Even more remastered older ones like the old fight night games, before they stopped making them.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Grand theft auto III

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

They are the games I have accumulated so far. I bought Grand theft Auto trilogy today. Obviously the 3 games on it(GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas) are outdated in terms of graphics these days but there aren't many games to buy for the switch and besides, they are still very playable games that are legendary. I will definitely have fun on them. 

I downloaded Sonic 1 and 2 from the shop, more for a laugh, but I ended up completing both last weekend in 1 day. They brought back memories from being a kid on the megadrive xD. They seriously need Flimbo's Quest.

Need for speed is a decent enough game, fifa is disappointing but still good enough for the manager mode and Mortal Kombat is good fun as their games always are.

The Switch is a decent little console. You don't really buy handheld consoles for super graphics, that is what the Xbox and PS5s and for. It has its purpose, it's just a shame their aren't more games for it. Even more remastered older ones like the old fight night games, before they stopped making them.

Not bad at all. 👍

Depending on what you generally like, I'd strongly consider Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 at some point. All three are class.

Also, while it isn't the full version, the Switch usually gets Football Manager Touch each year if you wanted to try that.

21 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not bad at all. 👍

Depending on what you generally like, I'd strongly consider Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 at some point. All three are class.

I was thinking about getting them but I'm not sure I'll play them enough for the price, that's the problem.

I've started playing GTA III. I remember this being my least favourite of the series but gathered playing them in order would make sense. The gameplay is fine and they are still excellent games. It plays well on the TV too. 

Unfortunately the only boxing game is the Creed one, which seems more like Ready to Rumble than Fight Night, but I still might get it since it's going cheap on Amazon.

I'll be bothering you for a list of Xbox Series X games(unless I can get hold of a PS5) early next year mate, probably March :ph34r:.

• Subscriber
On 04/11/2022 at 22:31, Carnivore Chris said:

Grand theft auto III

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

If you like beat-em ups theres Streets of Rage (highly recommended) and the new TMNT game which is also very good.

14 hours ago, Mel81x said:

If you like beat-em ups theres Streets of Rage (highly recommended) and the new TMNT game which is also very good.

I was just looking at both of those last night, funnily enough. The original Streets of Rage was a classic on the megadrive. I've got both saved on my favourites on Amazon.

The most addictive game so far is probably Need 4 Speed to be honest. It plays really well on this. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I was just looking at both of those last night, funnily enough. The original Streets of Rage was a classic on the megadrive. I've got both saved on my favourites on Amazon.

The most addictive game so far is probably Need 4 Speed to be honest. It plays really well on this. 

These are the kinds of games you definitely want on your Switch.

Archived