• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle - Saturday 27th November, 2021

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

We've lost our last 10 games at Arsenal :4_joy: I think we will still be winless at the end of the day 

I'm sure you have won before this time but the one that always sticks out for me was the Bobby Robson era at Highbury when you smashed them midweek, something like 3-1 away, when they were in their hype.

Robert, Shearer, Solano, Dyer days in the pouring rain.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm sure you have won before this time but the one that always sticks out for me was the Bobby Robson era at Highbury when you smashed them midweek, something like 3-1 away, when they were in their hype.

I remember Uri Gellar claimed he was behind that win :4_joy:

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The Pardew 4-4 Masterclass sticks most to me but @Honey Honeywill never credit him because hes stubborn.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle - Saturday 27th November, 2021
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Will be very ironic and amusing if Newcastle drop this season the moment they get heavy investment in to the club. 

They appointed Eddie Howe, a man whose last club routinely conceded 60+ goals a season. There will be zero irony if Newcastle go down. Though, I don’t expect him to last the season if they throw  money at it and come February they’re conceding for fun. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Newcastle could be basically down before they can even start making any big signings. The next two games v Norwich and Burnley will be big for them given their run after those two

Think the pressure going into that Norwich game on Tuesday could work completely against us.

We've been poor on the ball today. Sloppy. We can't afford that on Tuesday.

Realistically everyone but ASM from this line up would probably stay in the Championship. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They appointed Eddie Howe, a man whose last club routinely conceded 60+ goals a season. There will be zero irony if Newcastle go down. Though, I don’t expect him to last the season if they throw  money at it and come February they’re conceding for fun. 

My point wasn't about Howe. 

Important win for us to keep up the pressure on 4th spot. Nice to see Martinelli finally get another goal, hope he gets more chances to play this season but Arteta seems like he's not gonna take any type of risk with the lineup. With the European football either, a lot of players are just sitting around.

As for Newcastle, I know everyone's just waiting for January and this really isn't the game they'd have down as one they'd get points from but January might not matter if they don't start picking up points before then.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It should be part of your point. Appointing a manager of his ilk when you’re desperate to stay up and about to spaff a load of blood money up the wall is quite funny, really. 

It doesn't have to be. 

I meant it purely from a investment/ownership point of view. Billions of pounds invested, and they may go down in the first season. 

On Eddie Howe, I guess the idea is that he did actually get Bournemouth up & kept them up for a few seasons.

Any manager would be struggling right now with Newcastle as they are.

So not really the right stage for a 'title contender' manager. And even with the promise of a bumper January spending spree, I doubt there'd be too many A-list takers for the role.

Strangely I feel Eddie Howe may last longer in the role if they go down..

Relegation is far more likely than survival.

Very few if any improvement players are going to join in January. Even then it doesn't mean it will necessarily come off. Last time we got relegated we signed Townsend, Shelvey and Doumbia in January to try and stay up.

Even if we win our next 2 games we could easily be 6/7 points off safety when the window opens unless we can also take 6/7 points from Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Leicsster away and Everton away.

We've played a lot of beatable opponents this season and haven't got a single win. We will not stay up unless we can take some big scalps quickly.

You have to wonder how long this Saudi takeover will last if Newcastle get relegated - there's already whispers that they're going to buy Inter and I just don't see them having too much interest in it all if they end up in the Championship.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived