talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle - Saturday 27th November, 2021

football forum

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

You have to wonder how long this Saudi takeover will last if Newcastle get relegated - there's already whispers that they're going to buy Inter and I just don't see them having too much interest in it all if they end up in the Championship.

Staveley pretty much said a year ago that relegation wasn't a deal breaker when buying the club, that it wouldn't impact their long term goal. She also said a year ago we won't spend like Man City. I'm yet to be convinced the whole thing is what the hype suggests anyhow.

Aside from that you'd assume that failing with Newcastle would be humiliating for the Saudi state and therefore something you'd think they'd avoid.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don’t buy a club like Newcastle and chuck them if relegation comes along. If anything it’s a much easier restart, buy quality youngsters, re build the side and then back in the Prem spend some big £££ to compliment that 

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

You don’t buy a club like Newcastle and chuck them if relegation comes along. If anything it’s a much easier restart, buy quality youngsters, re build the side and then back in the Prem spend some big £££ to compliment that 

And get a sponsorship deal outside of Premier League rules that when you win promotion they can't touch :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

You have to wonder how long this Saudi takeover will last if Newcastle get relegated - there's already whispers that they're going to buy Inter and I just don't see them having too much interest in it all if they end up in the Championship.

The only whispers I have heard about them buying inter was from whe president of seria a saying they should buy a big Italian team like inter.  I dont think they would want to buy an Italian  team. The money is in the premier league.  Relegation  will slow them down a bit but dont think it will make them sell 

I'm gonna going to enjoy this victory over Newcastle. We use to beat Chelsea and man city all the time before theh got taken over. We might not have many more victories over them 

2 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Staveley pretty much said a year ago that relegation wasn't a deal breaker when buying the club, that it wouldn't impact their long term goal. She also said a year ago we won't spend like Man City. I'm yet to be convinced the whole thing is what the hype suggests anyhow.

Aside from that you'd assume that failing with Newcastle would be humiliating for the Saudi state and therefore something you'd think they'd avoid.

I'd be surprised if they dont invest heavily despite what they have said. They could literally spend a billion pounds in every transfer window and it not touch the sides of their wallet. The money these guys have is insane. They have more than PSG and man city together. In fact I think they have more than those two teams plus Chelsea, Barcelona and real madrid together. 

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd be surprised if they dont invest heavily despite what they have said. They could literally spend a billion pounds in every transfer window and it not touch the sides of their wallet. The money these guys have is insane. They have more than PSG and man city together. In fact I think they have more than those two teams plus Chelsea, Barcelona and real madrid together. 

They'll invest but financial fair play means you can't be Man City and Chelsea anymore. 

At best you can be Everton and Aston Villa first, then future investment depends on the first round of investment taking the club to higher revenue and turnover (basically the Champions League).

If you don't achieve that you end up in Everton's position today. Not allowed to spend anything and miles off the Champions League so not going anywhere for the next few years at least.

Still, if we stay up this year there should be enough investment, ambition, direction and attention to make sure we aren't in a relegation battle ever again, like Everton, as opposed to the neglect of duty that has given us the occasional battle and relegation under the previous ownership.

• The topic was unpinned
8 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

They'll invest but financial fair play means you can't be Man City and Chelsea anymore. 

At best you can be Everton and Aston Villa first, then future investment depends on the first round of investment taking the club to higher revenue and turnover (basically the Champions League).

If you don't achieve that you end up in Everton's position today. Not allowed to spend anything and miles off the Champions League so not going anywhere for the next few years at least.

Still, if we stay up this year there should be enough investment, ambition, direction and attention to make sure we aren't in a relegation battle ever again, like Everton, as opposed to the neglect of duty that has given us the occasional battle and relegation under the previous ownership.

Yeah but if you get in the champions league then you can spend as your stock and revenue increases.Eventually it's a case of Newcastle getting in the champions league then going from there. There is probably a way around FFP as well. Money creates money. If you invest you can create more income. Dont get me wrong its not just money. Man city are a very well run club. And a lot of their success is because of that. But I'm sure Newcastle will be a great club one day with investment. Also they will be able to attract world class managers which is a big thing. Everton cant do that. 

26 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but if you get in the champions league then you can spend as your stock and revenue increases.Eventually it's a case of Newcastle getting in the champions league then going from there. There is probably a way around FFP as well. Money creates money. If you invest you can create more income. Dont get me wrong its not just money. Man city are a very well run club. And a lot of their success is because of that. But I'm sure Newcastle will be a great club one day with investment. Also they will be able to attract world class managers which is a big thing. Everton cant do that. 

Everton had Carlo Ancelotti to be fair. 

I expect we will also be in a similar position of spending £40m on Watford players.

Money isn't going to guarantee champions league. Needs the right director of football, right manager and plenty of good fortune.

1 minute ago, Honey Honey said:

Everton had Carlo Ancelotti to be fair. 

I expect we will also be in a similar position of spending £40m on Watford players.

Money isn't going to guarantee champions league. Needs the right director of football, right manager and plenty of good fortune.

Yeah but was he a world class manger at the time? You need those other things yeah I agree. But having money will help I'm sure 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but was he a world class manger at the time? You need those other things yeah I agree. But having money will help I'm sure 

He's not a modern visionary but I think he could still be considered the highest calibre manager Everton or a rich Newcastle could get.

Pochettino hadn't done anything before Spurs, I think similar vein needed for us and Everton. Have to find the right coach for these times. 

2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

He's not a modern visionary but I think he could still be considered the highest calibre manager Everton or a rich Newcastle could get.

Pochettino hadn't done anything before Spurs, I think similar vein needed for us and Everton. Have to find the right coach for these times. 

It depends. I think you are being a bit negative mate(which is understandable after having Ashley for all those years😂) I think if Newcastle can offer a very high salary and the manager feels he can take Newcastle into the champions league and winning league titles and champions leagues I think youn could attract a world class coach. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It depends. I think you are being a bit negative mate(which is understandable after having Ashley for all those years😂) I think if Newcastle can offer a very high salary and the manager feels he can take Newcastle into the champions league and winning league titles and champions leagues I think youn could attract a world class coach. 

I think if we stay up we'll end up with Mourinho within 3 years to be honest.

Archived